Forums

Topic: The trophy discussion thread.

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 1,988

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Congrats, brother! It is a great game. Figure you’ll roll on with Eternal?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

colonelkilgore

Thanks @Th3solution nah, that’ll be a great game to look forward to I reckon… drop it in if all of my more ‘regular’ genres are feeling a bit stale. Might get the Eternal online segment done though, so there are no worries finding matches etc.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

I ain’t ever met a souls-like I didn’t like!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett out of curiosity, I checked my PSN level prior to and immediately after popping the Doom plat just to ‘calibrate’ the actual shunt it provides when in the low 300’s.

I was Level 328 & 71% prior to popping the last trophy (which was a bronze). Then once that and subsequently the platinum popped I was Level 329 and 6%. So on the low 300 scale a bronze and a platinum together are worth 35%, so the platinum alone is roughly 30-34%.

JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Nice bit of detective work there! Appreciate it and, once again, congratulations on earning yet another platinum! I wonder what next week's will be!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers Rog, re-started the original Watch Dogs… so depending on whether the online trophies are still achievable or not, maybe that.

WCB

And another one bites the dust.

Untitled

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

themcnoisy

Plat #53 Mass Effect. What a great platinum. Was worried I may have to replay the game as I had even paragon / renegade points until I realised you had to have 80pct in one or the other - not combined! Also I should have checked on the genophage trophy, talking out of an impossible situation. I had no idea until I started the level I needed for the trophy, so glad I looked after doing all the available side missions. Phew. Ive started ME2 but may delay getting proper into it, such a game I need a break and I then I will be ready!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@WCB @themcnoisy congrats guys, doubt I'll ever play MKXI as I'm just not a massive fan of 1 on 1 fighting... even though I've heard its excellent, I will be playing Mass Effect though... so cheers for the heads-up info on that one.

Jackpaza0508

Recently platinumed Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart over 2 play throughs as 2 weapons are only available in New Game Plus and one of the trophies actually got locked out in my first play-through because the game glitched out which really annoyed me lol

He/Him
Watch The Mitchells vs. the Machines on netflix
Super hyped for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Stay Cool

RogerRoger

Platinum #48 for me, courtesy of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS4.

@nessisonett Going back what's probably a couple dozen pages of this topic now, it turns out I actually had four trophies left unclaimed. I got the 46 rings on my second attempt, and then used the money it gave me to buy the last couple of Ultimate Jutsu movies I hadn't unlocked for the associated silver. That then left a pair of bronze combat trophies; one for knocking out an opponent whilst halfway up a wall, and the other for having a support buddy catch you in mid-air.

Is it cheating to play a multiplayer match against yourself, with a controller in each hand? Because that's the only way I could trigger either of those. The A.I. never, ever launched me onto a wall, nor did it ever use the right move to allow me to initiate a buddy catch.

Anyway, it's done now (over four years late, but hey). I can't platinum UNS 2 because of its online multiplayer requirements, but UNS 3: Full Burst looks achievable. Watch this space!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well done Rog... did you happen to notice how much the plat moved the needle at your level?

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I also did the multiplayer thing but for the trophy with the jutsu clash thing! I got the wall and buddy catch ones through the story. And I also looked at the trophies for 2 and thought ‘f**k that for a carry on’ so I’ll beat the game and move onto 3!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks!

Sadly, since I was juggling two controllers, I forgot to check my stats in real time. As soon as I looked at my trophies afterwards, I kicked myself for not capturing a before-and-after.

It's not as accurate, but what I can do is compare my current stats with those I posted a couple pages back, and tell you that one platinum, nine silvers and thirty-three bronze trophies bumped me up 79% of my current level, from 8% to 87% of Level 413. Looking at those values with my mathematically-challenged brain, I'd guesstimate that my platinum was probably worth the lower end of the 30-34% bracket you suggested, if not a couple of percent less.

Am planning on trying for the UNS 3: Full Burst platinum, so will keep an eye on things as I go.

@nessisonett Oh, phew! I feel less bad about my tactics now, thank you!

Don't blame you for giving the UNS 2 platinum a wide berth. It's a ridiculous trophy list, not just for being a huge time sink but also for demanding so much online success. One of the in-game titles you'll need to unlock requires 50 victories in online Ranked matches; out of the dozen or so I played, I've only won once, and that was because my opponent took pity on me.

It's a shame because otherwise, UNS 2 is an achingly beautiful game, and a heck of a lot of fun. I would love to earn its platinum if I could. Oh well.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger him interesting… I imagined that the various trophies would be worth a fair bit less once into the 400’s. It appears to not be nowhere near as pronounced though.

What’s next on the agenda Rog?

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Well, swap out some of those bronze trophies for a couple of golds, and you're looking at the equivalent of an average game's full list there, so the fact that I'm still within the same level does suggest a slight decrease in value. It must only be a couple of percentage points, though.

Since it's now installed as part of the trilogy, tomorrow I'm gonna boot up Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst and see what trophies I left unclaimed before. Might keep me busy for a couple days.

Otherwise it won't be much this week. Mafia for the Game Club next week, though!

Was glad to see elsewhere that the online trophies from Watch_Dogs weren't entirely unobtainable, by the way. Like you I expected empty servers by now, so that was a stroke of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah it is less but I kinda imagined it would be even less than that for some reason. Probably ‘feels’ about right though.

I take it that the Naruto games are one on one fighting? Would seem the most obvious genre from the little I know of the anime. Must be pretty decent too, what with you back-to-backing them… here’s to hoping your enjoyment continues.

On to Mafia, I bought the trilogy last year and have thus far only played the remastered original. Damn good game, fun plat and a good story full of very good characters and acting. The remaster looked beautiful too… so good in fact that it’s kinda put me off playing Mafia 2 as I know it’ll be so much of a downgrade. Still I’ll get around to it (& 3) one day, doubt that either will be a patch on the first though, enjoy.

Mikey856

I need help with the Colin McRae dlc trophies on dirt rally 2.0, I’m literally willing to pay someone to do them for me at this point as I don’t have the time or patience 😂😂 don’t @ me

Mikey856

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic