Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 5,748

sorteddan

So just picked up a gold for defeating the Hollow Knight which it turns out was trophy number 7000 on my PSN profile.

Whoop.

Seems a fairly sizeable number but was slightly disappointed to note the amount which were bronze... So I did some maths to work out percentages.
Results:
Bronze: 4901 - 70%
Silver: 1437 - 20.5%
Gold: 578 - 8.3%
Plat: 84 - 1.2 %

No idea how representative this is compared to others but was genuinely quite pleased to have more than one per cent plats!

I may now go away and make a pie chart.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Sorteddan Interesting approach.

For me, Some quick calculations reveal…

Bronze 74.5%
Silver 19.3%
Gold 5.5%
Platinum 0.7%

So yeah — 1% plat rate is much better than mine.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Sorteddan Our percentages seem very similar!

Bronze - 68.7%
Silver - 21.8%
Gold - 8.2%
Platinum - 1.3%

Kidfried

nessisonett

Oh dear.

Platinum - 0.038%
Gold - 3.7%
Silver - 15.2%
Bronze - 81%

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

Mine look pretty standard...

Bronze: 73.4%
Silver: 18.1%
Gold: 7.3%
Platinum: 1.0%

render

Thrillho

@Sorteddan 5,430 trophies in total for me;

4031 bronze - 74%
1075 silver - 20%
288 gold - 5%
36 platinum - 0.7%

Thrillho

sorteddan

Thanks people. As mentioned, my initial thought was that it seemed too many bronze but looking at all numbers in so far it seems that around 70-75% are gonna be. With the remainder dependant on how much you aim to complete or maybe what type of games you play.
I suppose you could fix it by making a new profile and only playing games from Telltale or Ratalaika. But who would want to do that?!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

Oh and @Thrillho I like Hollow Knight a bit more now that I was able to finish it (well in terms of main story and boss anyhow) knowing that anything else is optional and I can claim that I beat it.

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yours and mine are almost identical. My total trophy count is lower (close to 4500) but percentages are the same. 30 platinums.

I’ve always considered myself a casual trophy hunter. I go out of my way to get trophies, but not too much out the way. I cave at the least resistance. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Bronze - 78%
Siver - 18%
Gold - 4%
Platinum - 0.04

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Interesting stuff about the various trophies’ percentages… I shouldn’t be too far off the Watch Dogs plat, so I’ll add mine when I stop by to add that.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Here’s my prognostication of your percentages:
Bronze 50%
Silver 30%
Gold 15%
Platinum 5%

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution wouldn’t that be nice… nah I have a ‘sneaky’ feeling your prediction is doing me far too much justice.

Worked them out using a post in this thread from a couple of weeks ago (I’ve since got another plat and over halfway towards another one again though).

Bronze - 70.7% (2188)
Silver - 21.7% (672)
Gold - 5.9% (183)
Platinum - 1.7% (52)

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Just earned my 49th platinum from Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - Full Burst on PS4 and, somewhere along the way, my overall trophy level rolled over to 414.

I got a little nervous towards the end of my attempt, as quite a lot of boss battles needed S-Ranks and the last two seemed impossible, but it was a brick wall of my own building because I overlooked a key gameplay mechanic which, when activated, made them significantly easier. Then I just had to run out the clock for the final bronze, which demanded I play for 30 hours.

@colonelkilgore I can confirm that a platinum trophy is worth 23% of an overall trophy level, at least when you're in the low 400s. It is significantly less than my previous guesstimate, but bang on what you thought it was before you got your DOOM platinum.

Golds are worth 7% whilst silvers are worth 3% and a bronze is worth 1% by itself.

Blimey, I suck at math. I totally didn't have to Google how to work out percentages for this, nor did I get the division round the wrong way and end up with 141.4% platinums. Honest.

Trophy Level 414 with 6,911 trophies total.

49 Platinum = 0.7%
415 Gold = 6%
1,366 Silver = 19.8%
5,081 Bronze = 73.5%

@Th3solution @Thrillho Ah, the platinum percentage of champions!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger dayum Rog, you’ve hit a rich vein of platinum there… congrats on another 👏. Something special planned for 50 I hope?

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore My thanks! It might end up being Mafia: Definitive Edition if the forthcoming Game Club goes well, although I could always crack back on with the PS5 port of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and make it a particularly "me" milestone.

Otherwise I'll wait and see if Sonic Colours Ultimate comes with an easy list in September (which it probably will, given that "ease of access" is the remaster's mantra).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore wrote:

Worked them out using a post in this thread from a couple of weeks ago (I’ve since got another plat and over halfway towards another one again though).

Any reason why you didn't use the trophy figures on the console or app?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder coz I’m incredibly anal… and would want to present the figures at the point of just popping a platinum rather than being halfway through. 😳 Still, I’d imagine that there would actually be little difference and when rounding figures to one decimal place, it could even end up the same.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Thrillho Wow, it’s uncanny.

The three musketeers of trophy percentages, indeed.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore OK...... Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic