Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 5,757

colonelkilgore

Thanks @Th3solution nah, that’ll be a great game to look forward to I reckon… drop it in if all of my more ‘regular’ genres are feeling a bit stale. Might get the Eternal online segment done though, so there are no worries finding matches etc.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett out of curiosity, I checked my PSN level prior to and immediately after popping the Doom plat just to ‘calibrate’ the actual shunt it provides when in the low 300’s.

I was Level 328 & 71% prior to popping the last trophy (which was a bronze). Then once that and subsequently the platinum popped I was Level 329 and 6%. So on the low 300 scale a bronze and a platinum together are worth 35%, so the platinum alone is roughly 30-34%.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Nice bit of detective work there! Appreciate it and, once again, congratulations on earning yet another platinum! I wonder what next week's will be!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers Rog, re-started the original Watch Dogs… so depending on whether the online trophies are still achievable or not, maybe that.

**** DLC!

WCB

And another one bites the dust.

Untitled

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

themcnoisy

Plat #53 Mass Effect. What a great platinum. Was worried I may have to replay the game as I had even paragon / renegade points until I realised you had to have 80pct in one or the other - not combined! Also I should have checked on the genophage trophy, talking out of an impossible situation. I had no idea until I started the level I needed for the trophy, so glad I looked after doing all the available side missions. Phew. Ive started ME2 but may delay getting proper into it, such a game I need a break and I then I will be ready!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@WCB @themcnoisy congrats guys, doubt I'll ever play MKXI as I'm just not a massive fan of 1 on 1 fighting... even though I've heard its excellent, I will be playing Mass Effect though... so cheers for the heads-up info on that one.

**** DLC!

Jackpaza0508

Recently platinumed Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart over 2 play throughs as 2 weapons are only available in New Game Plus and one of the trophies actually got locked out in my first play-through because the game glitched out which really annoyed me lol

He/Him

RogerRoger

@WCB @themcnoisy @Jackpaza0508 Congratulations on your shiny new platinums, folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Platinum #48 for me, courtesy of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS4.

@nessisonett Going back what's probably a couple dozen pages of this topic now, it turns out I actually had four trophies left unclaimed. I got the 46 rings on my second attempt, and then used the money it gave me to buy the last couple of Ultimate Jutsu movies I hadn't unlocked for the associated silver. That then left a pair of bronze combat trophies; one for knocking out an opponent whilst halfway up a wall, and the other for having a support buddy catch you in mid-air.

Is it cheating to play a multiplayer match against yourself, with a controller in each hand? Because that's the only way I could trigger either of those. The A.I. never, ever launched me onto a wall, nor did it ever use the right move to allow me to initiate a buddy catch.

Anyway, it's done now (over four years late, but hey). I can't platinum UNS 2 because of its online multiplayer requirements, but UNS 3: Full Burst looks achievable. Watch this space!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well done Rog... did you happen to notice how much the plat moved the needle at your level?

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I also did the multiplayer thing but for the trophy with the jutsu clash thing! I got the wall and buddy catch ones through the story. And I also looked at the trophies for 2 and thought ‘f**k that for a carry on’ so I’ll beat the game and move onto 3!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks!

Sadly, since I was juggling two controllers, I forgot to check my stats in real time. As soon as I looked at my trophies afterwards, I kicked myself for not capturing a before-and-after.

It's not as accurate, but what I can do is compare my current stats with those I posted a couple pages back, and tell you that one platinum, nine silvers and thirty-three bronze trophies bumped me up 79% of my current level, from 8% to 87% of Level 413. Looking at those values with my mathematically-challenged brain, I'd guesstimate that my platinum was probably worth the lower end of the 30-34% bracket you suggested, if not a couple of percent less.

Am planning on trying for the UNS 3: Full Burst platinum, so will keep an eye on things as I go.

@nessisonett Oh, phew! I feel less bad about my tactics now, thank you!

Don't blame you for giving the UNS 2 platinum a wide berth. It's a ridiculous trophy list, not just for being a huge time sink but also for demanding so much online success. One of the in-game titles you'll need to unlock requires 50 victories in online Ranked matches; out of the dozen or so I played, I've only won once, and that was because my opponent took pity on me.

It's a shame because otherwise, UNS 2 is an achingly beautiful game, and a heck of a lot of fun. I would love to earn its platinum if I could. Oh well.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger him interesting… I imagined that the various trophies would be worth a fair bit less once into the 400’s. It appears to not be nowhere near as pronounced though.

What’s next on the agenda Rog?

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Well, swap out some of those bronze trophies for a couple of golds, and you're looking at the equivalent of an average game's full list there, so the fact that I'm still within the same level does suggest a slight decrease in value. It must only be a couple of percentage points, though.

Since it's now installed as part of the trilogy, tomorrow I'm gonna boot up Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst and see what trophies I left unclaimed before. Might keep me busy for a couple days.

Otherwise it won't be much this week. Mafia for the Game Club next week, though!

Was glad to see elsewhere that the online trophies from Watch_Dogs weren't entirely unobtainable, by the way. Like you I expected empty servers by now, so that was a stroke of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah it is less but I kinda imagined it would be even less than that for some reason. Probably ‘feels’ about right though.

I take it that the Naruto games are one on one fighting? Would seem the most obvious genre from the little I know of the anime. Must be pretty decent too, what with you back-to-backing them… here’s to hoping your enjoyment continues.

On to Mafia, I bought the trilogy last year and have thus far only played the remastered original. Damn good game, fun plat and a good story full of very good characters and acting. The remaster looked beautiful too… so good in fact that it’s kinda put me off playing Mafia 2 as I know it’ll be so much of a downgrade. Still I’ll get around to it (& 3) one day, doubt that either will be a patch on the first though, enjoy.

**** DLC!

Mikey856

I need help with the Colin McRae dlc trophies on dirt rally 2.0, I’m literally willing to pay someone to do them for me at this point as I don’t have the time or patience 😂😂 don’t @ me

Mikey856

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I think Sony would be getting serious flack from hardcore trophy hunters if a platinum barely moved the needle for them. It's subtle unless you're forensic, methinks.

Yeah, the Ultimate Ninja Storm games are one-button beat 'em ups. Easy to pick up, but challenging to master on higher difficulties. When following the story, individual fights are held together by a rather peaceful, combat-free open world RPG of sorts, where you're left to wander around some pretty environments and gather items and whatnot. I'm not playing them all from scratch again, just mopping up missed trophies, otherwise I'd be clearing my schedule for a good month!

Excellent news regarding Mafia: Definitive Edition there, thank you! I actually played Mafia III when it was free with PS Plus, and I really enjoyed it as a standalone game; nothing remarkable, but it had a compelling protagonist and held my attention throughout.

From what I've heard, yes, brace yourself for the second game, and hope for patch fixes!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic