Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah Ubisoft really done a wonderful job in recreating revolutionary France... beautiful looking game. Some pretty cool missions as well... even within the ‘side’ stuff.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I actually was familiar with the catastrophic state it launched in which honestly put me off AC as a series until last year. So glad it’s been fixed and it holds up as a legitimately good game. The combat especially is such a step up other than getting absolutely bummed by 14 guns whenever you try to run away.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah I’m really glad I wasn’t really into the AC series at the time, as I would’ve probably been very annoyed by the state of it at release. I’m gonna take a break from the series now though after playing 3 of them in the last 6 months.

Next year I plan on playing the Ezio collection at various points throughout the year. Really looking forward to eventually playing Ghost of Tsushima too, which obviously isnt an AC game (& I’m sure is actually quite a bit better actually) but I’d imagine that there are some similarities between it and the latest 3 in the series.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Plat #40 - Remnant from the Ashes - great game! Had so much fun this last two weeks playing this. It pretty much has everything a looter-shooter-souls hybrid should have. The combination of traits (perks) and menagerie of distinct gear make for some very interesting and creative ‘build’ opportunities.The boss fights/raids are exhilarating and for the most part well-designed. The lore is nowhere near FromSoft levels but still great with some really cool secrets hidden away... and it just plays beautifully.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula the difficulty is quite varied actually. I played 99% of it in co-op and there were moments where it just like we were hitting our heads against a brick wall but then I mopped up some stuff solo at the end and found it a lot easier. I have heard that not only is the game a bit trickier in mp but also I think my mates ‘world’ was harder than mine as his gear level was higher than mine.

Basically though, the tough boss fights and having to devise effective tactics in how to deal with them... and subsequently executing the plan is where the game shines brightest.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula well I’m gonna leave it installed anyway as I know I’ll get the ‘tweaks’ on this one and will then play through the dlc when I do. Let me know if & when you eventually start it and maybe we can get some co-op in if you’re up for it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

Aaaand there's platinum #32 for Ratchet and Clank!

It took two and a half runs of the game (stupid save breaking bug on the first run) but not the hardest in the world. A few faff ones like having to go and stand on some moving platforms and the groovitron trophy is an easy one to miss but overall not a bad one to get.

Some of the omega weapons in challenge mode are pretty overpowered so it was a breeze to get through really.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I got Ratchet and Clank's plat as my 10th whilst I was away @Thrillho.

I was gonna try to get New 'n' Tasty's but... That 3 hour speedrun is never gonna get done by me. I knew where most those secret Mudokens were and it still took 6/7 hours to beat the game

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy congrats guys, R&C is not necessarily that appealing to me but I do plan on playing it in the build up to Rift Apart... and I’ve only heard positive things about it.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

It's nothing special story or character wise (I think the original is honestly better in those regards) but for you @colonelkilgore I think you'll find the gameplay to be good. It'll no doubt especially be nice and smooth on the PS5 with the 60fps bump! (Not that it's bad at 30fps on the PS4... Pretty smooth there for me too)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yeah the ps5 boost is definitely a bonus... and the gameplay does look cool. The only thing in regards to the gameplay I find a bit off-putting is that there doesn't look to be a fine-aim, which I consider very important in shooters. I guess that due to the sheer freneticism that shooting purely from the hip is the only way it'd work or something.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha, there was no way I was going to attempt that one either for Oddworld.

@colonelkilgore It's just a fun game. The story is fine and a bit silly and the variety of weapons let you mix it up quite a bit. There is one gun that has a long range scope and you do have to aim to some degree with L2 but it's not exactly precision aiming.

I also like the fact the game was a nice short length so there isn't much filler in there at all.

EDIT: The 60fps boost was an added bonus too!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Platinum #45 in the bag, thanks to Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered.

A year and three days ago, almost to the exact minute, I earned the platinum on the PS4 original. This means that I've played through Spider-Man's entire campaign four times in twelve months, thanks to my obsessive need to get a 100% trophy list completion statistic to accompany my platinums where possible, and the post-launch inclusion of a bonus NG+ bronze... and y'know what?

If you asked me to start it all again tomorrow, I would. Games like this are why I'm a gamer.

Safe to say, Miles Morales will be my 46th platinum in the coming weeks, and then I'm left with the nerd-pleasing opportunity to get my 47th from Hitman III.

Oh, and tagging @Th3solution to confirm that yes, platinums on PS5 do indeed have a special ding!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Congrats! And yay for trophy ding diversity! Motivates me to get the next one.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @Th3solution I barely registered the different ding while somewhat exuberantly celebrating my platinum for The Witness last month 😂

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @nessisonett Yeah, if it weren't for the forum discussion the other day, I'm not sure whether I'd have noticed it (and not just because J. Jonah Jamison was yelling at the point of unlock) but it was a very pleasant noise, so I'll be keeping an ear out from now on!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

RogerRoger wrote:

(and not just because J. Jonah Jamison was yelling at the point of unlock)

What a nightmare. I don't think any happiness for achieving the platinum will ever be able to compensate my groaning for whenever I hear JJ.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I didn't realise he was so Marmite, but apparently a lot of folks switched him off. I personally think he's hilarious satire, but each to their own!

Got a trophy-related public service announcement (mostly for @nessisonett because I know they're currently playing this) regarding a high number of glitched trophies in Hitman III on PS5. The other day I was supposed to unlock "Bullet Train" but never did, and still didn't after just trying its requirements again. I also just completed all three Mission Stories in Mendoza, but failed to unlock the associated silver trophy (despite having gotten the exact same reward for Dartmoor moments earlier).

As somebody who's always been quite lucky, and never really fallen foul of major trophy glitches, I'm finding it quite annoying (in a very first-world-problems sort of way). Word is they're known issues, and that IO Interactive will be fixing them in forthcoming patches. Let's hope.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Makes sense, I’ve had several in-game challenges glitch out too. It really is still quite buggy and I thought they’d focus on sorting the bugs out before bringing out all those paid DLC contracts.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic