Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 5,748

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Considering how long some bugs lasted in the previous games, I'm not surprised. It's a shame, but all part of the Hitman experience in the first few months. At least the servers have remained way more stable this time (he says, tempting fate).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I remember posting on here and someone said "you can just unsubscribe from him", which made me kinda wonder whether Insomniac knew they had created a version of JJ that wouldn't be liked universally.

I'm the kind of person who normally listens to all audio logs and reads all the lore. But something just broke inside of me after having played Days Gone and listening to all Copeland's radio broadcasts. I'll probably never be the same again. Some audio log can add some couleur locale to a game's world, but Copeland was just a broken record, learning me nothing new about the world; basically just was repeating what was happening, but in a sarcastic tone.

JJ is kind of the same. Whatever you do as Spider-Man, JJ will hate it. Which was funny or interesting the first and second time, and I enjoyed at seeing him included in the game in a way. From the third time on, I could literally predict when he would say something, and how he would use the event to critique Spider-Man. It's padding. It didn't add anything new to my understanding of what Jameson thought of Spider-Man, what was happening in the world (he would literally repeat what I did, but only focus on the thing that I broke or hacked into) or of Spider-Man himself. There was an unnessecariness to every single line of him.

I guess it was supposed to be some kind of comic relief, which probably worked for a lot of people, but I was really glad to be given the choice to turn it off, increasing the amount of fun I had

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried That's an interesting take, and a very fair point, as well. I never even considered that he had to impart new information or understanding; I just took him to be a part of the Spidey wallpaper that made the game so immersive, s'all. Although I'll be honest, I doubt I'd have sought him out in a menu somewhere, and I didn't mind cutting him short whenever I arrived at a mission marker, so I definitely wasn't treating him in the same way you treat a game's collectible lore. Copeland sounds like a nightmare in Days Gone, the very definition of background noise, so I can understand how such an experience would sour you against similar going forward. Thanks for explaining!

Just do me a favour, yeah? Don't pre-empt anything in Miles Morales. Trust me!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Plat #41 - God of War 2 - Probably my favourite of the ‘old’ God of War games so far (I now have Ascension and 3 to go). Not necessarily known for their narratives (apart from God of War 2018 ofcourse) I actually quite like both the story and the little creative additions that were made in terms of enemy types and environmental puzzles in this one. I can tell why this one in particular was just so huge at the time. Some doozies in the Challenge of the Titans too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore God of War 2 was my favourite out of the classic games and to be perfectly honest, probably the only one I’d play again.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I have low expectations for Ascension (the next one I’m going to play) given the poor reception to it... but it can’t be ‘that’ different to the others I’d imagine (in gameplay terms at least).

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Congratulations on your forty-first platinum there. You're catching me up!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers RogRog, I'd imagine you'll keep popping them as quickly as I do so I'll probably remain in your rear-view for a wee while longer at least. I'm aiming for 50 by the end of the year... a bit ahead of schedule too.

edit. & congrats to you on the 45th.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks, but don't worry, I'm only planning on one more for the time being (especially since the Hitman III list is bugged). I sincerely doubt I'll hit the big five-oh by Christmas!

Best of luck reaching your target! I couldn't be overtaken by a nicer fellow.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger you're far too kind (& nice)... as per your sig. 😉

I have a few barren months coming up later this year with MGS2, MGS4 and Kingdom Come Deliverance all being major time-sinks (particularly the last two), so it's definitely gonna slow down for me to be sure. Hopefully IO Interactive patch those Hitman 3 trophies for you... sounds very annoying.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I still remain in awe of your determination to platinum those Metal Gear games, and can't wait to see how you get on with them. Perhaps by then, IO will have fixed my Hitman III trophies!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well it’s one thing to be determined, quite another to actually get it done... I’m both excited and a little intimidated when considering the tasks. MGS2 is June, I start MGS4 in August... I’ll take a two week break from it in early September before returning to it and eventually tackling the Big Boss run (the potential plat-blocker during the third week of October. Pray for me during this time, i’ll need it 😉

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I've been tempted to return to the series myself so, if my schedule is clear, I'll play along with you in sympathy. I certainly won't be platting them, though!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I’d definitely appreciate the support there Rog, it’s gonna be really interesting to see how I do under the pressure. Then, even if I manage the Herculean task of plat’in the MGS series, I intend to plat the Devil May Cry series (well at least start it) in 2022... I’ve heard the plats on them are even harder 😱

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Oh yeah, you're on your own with those!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I really want to revisit Metal Gear Solid, but I'm really hoping for something of a remaster of IV or even a remake of one of them...

Really enjoyed those HD remasters from 10 years ago!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

Platinum #33 with Maneater and the most unimaginatively named top trophy.

Untitled

I recorded gameplay to show the different trophy noises but the clip didn't show them and it was just 30s of the pause screen. Oh well..

Thrillho

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I was going to write a longer post out about it (and had done some of it) but the game doesn't justify the effort of doing that.

It's alright but incredibly repetitive with you doing the same things over and over. It was about 12 hours long and only half of that is actually playing the game, the other half is swimming around trying to find collectibles.

Combat is pretty basic and when things get a bit hectic, it pretty much just ends up hammering R2 over and over until you're low on health, and then swimming away to get some more health.

It's fun in parts, looks good at times, and an easy platinum but not a game I could particularly recommend. At least it was a freebie!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho sounds like it could be a nice palate cleanser after a particularly stressful plat.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic