Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 5,756

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I got so close to the platinum for Ultimate Ninja Storm. I think I'm two short; one for performing some kind of wall counter (?!) and another for the final ring cannon challenge. I remember trying for a couple days before giving up, so you have my respect!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The ring cannon one took ages but I got it by the skin of my teeth. The wall one is reliant on mostly luck, you have to finish off a fight with the damage they take when they fall off a wall. I just got lucky!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, it's something I'll be determined to earn if and when I ever replay it. Fortunately the mood does take me quite frequently, so it might happen sooner rather than later, but thanks for confirming that there's a degree of luck involved. Makes me feel less useless!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, my approach was to finish the entire game and then see where I was at with just a natural playthrough. Then I figured I’d just try one of the help videos to see how it worked and before I knew it I was addicted to the hunt for all the puzzle pieces and artifacts. It was so easy to utilize that I just kept doing it until I had them all. “Cheating” that way did not tarnish my enjoyment in the least. In fact it really enhanced it. I could gather up the last of the artifacts (which were a blast to see and add to the Labo collection) without the headaches of scouring the levels over and over. I also appreciated how the video would show you where but not go into full detail of unlocking the secret. Like on the monkey climbing section it showed where you needed to notice an alternate path, but it didn’t show the whole process of following the path to its endpoint. Also it never showed what the secret artifact was so that was still always a surprise when I did it myself.

I think I’m going to like game help cards more than I thought I would. Hopefully other developers utilize the system.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore Nice mate, you're almost there ! Which ones are you missing ?

#308 Control (PS5) - I got this plat on PS4 a few months ago, and I was interested in playing the DLC with the Ultimate Edition but I didn't want to play through the entire game again. Then I found the Assist Mode that lets you activate cheats like invincibility and one-hit kills, so I completed it in a few hours and now I can play the DLC ! To be honest they don't bring much to the base game, it's just more of the same. All in all it's a cool game but a bit too weird for me.

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz Just checked it and its more like 4. It’s the Upgrade all Prosthetics, All Bosses, Shura ending & Defeat Isshin Asian. Don’t think it’ll take me long when I get into it again but not sure when that’ll be.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore Yeah it makes sense, you unlock them in NG+, but you should be fine. It's not that hard if you've completed everything else.

Cornaboyzzz

ApostateMage

Got the plat for Assassin's Creed 2 again. Curse those bloody feathers.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage Damn those feathers to hell.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Plat #38 - God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Felt quite a bit more tricky to achieve than either the original or Chains of Olympus. Enjoyed it though, some really decent boss fights and tough mobs.

**** DLC!

johncalmc

I was going to get the Maneater platinum but then one of the trophies glitched so I'd have to play the whole game again so I now I have deleted the game and I am going to be mad about it forever

johncalmc

Twitter:

sorteddan

@johncalmc
I feel your pain. Sucks when you miss out on 100% coz the game bugs rather than any fault of your own. I would also be mad forever.
However, main reason I responded... loving the avatar. Initial reaction was `Great Scott` now can't stop thinking `one point twenty one gigawatts`

Just thought, have you checked when last cloud backup was? Maybe able to go back in time...

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Plat # 39 - Assassins Creed: Unity - Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would considering I only just got through Black Flag earlier this month. Did get a bit extreme in terms of the collectibles and all the co-op sync points but it’s all good.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@colonelkilgore Great job on that platinum. I never considered going for it myself, even though I liked the game more than the average person who played it.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried cheers bud. My advice is, if you didn’t like the lock picking mechanic... deffo don’t go for it. 🥴

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Congrats! I played on PC so didn’t have a platinum to go for but honestly, don’t know if I would have anyway. It would have taken quite a while but to be fair, the world is so pretty (especially on PC) that I didn’t mind just wandering around. Did you play the Dead Kings DLC? It was honestly pretty good considering it was free.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic