Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 301 to 320 of 339

Tatarimokke

@colonelkilgore thank you, yeah but I can't do the timing. If I'm too close to him I have no time to react. Also I'm confused with it : do I need to press L1 first to absorb it then R1 to reflect or just jump + R1?!

Tatarimokke

colonelkilgore

@Tatarimokke it was quite tricky… I can’t remember the specific button combo but being in mid air and hitting L1 to block and then R1 to reflect sounds familiar.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Tatarimokke

@velio84 Thanks but I think this is just an early boss fight that's why I'm so fustrated. I can't even imagine how hard the other bosses (like Ichin or the hatred) will be...
Yes the timing is my problem here. As I mentioned above if I'm too close to him I have no time to react. Also always jump too early or too late but never in time... And also he is way more aggressive in the third phase he is always on my neck. One mistake and I'm dead

Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

@Mega-Gazz thanks. I researched that sword and it seems I need to defeat the Folding Screen Monkeys in Senpou Temple at Mount Kongo. I'm not sure I can do that this early

Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

@velio84 yeah thanks I'm getting there. So you mean I can deflect him in the third phase? Also just dodge the lighting, stay close to him, deflect and attack?

Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

@velio84 Thanks for the video and for your help, I think I just give up for now. I've tried around 10 times today but no luck. Funny enough I practiced the first and second phase enough so I can beat those phases in about 3-4 minutes together with all of my gourds(8) left. And then... I die in the third phase all the time. Once I was just 1 or 2 hits away (on my first try today) I used the Ichimoni and it seemed to work but then bang...on the floor again. I feel myself ridiculous so I decided to stop playing it. I think his third phase is my Nemesis

Edited on by Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

kyleforrester87

This boss really upset me lol. I did manage to beat him in the end but I stopped shortly afterwards as I couldn't put myself through whatever was next.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tatarimokke

@velio84 Yeah that's a good idea. Funny enough I never felt this with Nioh 1 or 2. I always managed to beat even the hardest bosses somehow probably because in Nioh you can level up. As my nickname suggest I am a big fan of Nioh and because those games have some similarities with Sekiro I thought I can be good at it. It seems I was wrong. @kyleforrester87 yes that's why I think maybe it's better to give up here as it just gets harder with every boss.

Tatarimokke

kyleforrester87

@Tatarimokke the combat is like a game of Simon, it gets to a point where it’s not really skill anymore and you’re just remembering attack patterns and parrying at the right time. It’s the same with Dark Souls too really, but the deeper character customisation and ability to level up make that less in your face.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@Tatarimokke I can't really add to what others have said, as it is all sound advice. All I add is just keep at it. It took me 2 hours of just trying not stop to finally beat him, plus however man tries before. Genichiro is your first real test in the game, and if you can beat him the skills you've gained will stand you in good stead for what comes next. Good luck!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tatarimokke

@velio84 hahahaa I can imagine. Honestly I'm quite sure I could beat Genichiro one day but the question is for me : is it worth the efforts if it just gets harder and harder. But I'm sure my answer will be yes tomorrow as I hate giving up on games. @kyleforrester87 yes that's true. That's the case with Genichiro for me. I just remember all the pattern in phase 1 and 2 so I can beat him easily and quickly as I know what he's doing next. But then the third phase coming and I'm finished...lol

Tatarimokke

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @velio84 Yeah I always thought Sekiro was more about skill than most other games I played in recent times. Along with not being able to makes yourself OP, you can't summon either, which makes it feel more difficult than the other Souls games.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tatarimokke

@velio84 @JohnnyShoulder Thank you guys! What you said is really help me to come back tomorrow and finally finish him off. I almost put the game for sale on Ebay but because of you I'll wait a bit:)

Tatarimokke

JohnnyShoulder

@Tatarimokke You've got this! A break is a really good idea. I'm hardly the most skilled player, but managed to beat the game so there is hope for everyone lol. It does take a whole lot of determination and practice to get past some of the bosses.

Apart from the optional bosses, iirc there are only one or two bosses that are as hard as Genichiro, so don't let that put you off from playing the game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder @velio84 I guess its down to the individual, I’m not a terrible gamer but I’m not amazing either - I’m not super patient to endlessly toil away these days. For me it’s not skill when I am on my 30th+ attempt on the same boss just relying on memorising exact patterns. Of course, a boss that relies on some memorisation but also one you could theoretically beat first time through skill you’ve acquired earlier in the game is different.

Certainly with the souls games I have bosses I can beat on the 1-3rd attempt, partly down to skills I’ve picked up.

kyleforrester87

Tatarimokke

@velio84 Hey thanks for asking! I couldn't get through that point but honestly I just tried once or twice after. I decided to put on the side for a bit to preserve my mental wellbeing:) Then I played through Bloodborne again to regain my confidence before jump into Elden Ring! How are you doing? What are you playing these days?

Tatarimokke

colonelkilgore

So I’ve had a couple of sessions back on Sekiro now… and I’ve been surprised! I enjoyed it back in 2019 for sure but it did leave me feeling… well, glad that it was over by the time I’d beaten the Sword Saint. Returning to it these 3 and a half years later, I’m just enjoying the hell out of it.

I ‘somehow’ managed to get through it the first time without parrying (I know!). Parrying has always felt alien to me, so I just used dodge… which was really tough as the game obviously wasn’t designed to be played that way. This time I’ve forced myself to parry as prescribed and i’m having a ball… though it’s still really tough of course 😅.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@KAIRU I can see why. It’s still not my favourite combat system, as the foundations of it are just the antithesis my natural inclination… but I’m still really enjoying it. It’s like the ‘Floyd Mayweather’ of combat systems, while the God of Wat reboots are the ‘Mike Tyson’. Trying to think what I would categorise your typical souls-like as… ‘Joe Calzage’ maybe 🤔.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic