Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 321 to 339 of 339

colonelkilgore

@KAIRU fair enough, i think it’s a taste thing tbh. Some people like Arkham’s freeform combat (which I loathe… combat style that is, not the game itself, which I quite like) style more than… let’s say Nioh’s (which is one of my favourite combat styles). It doesn’t mean either camp is right or wrong, just one’s preference. For me, Sekiro combat is a very… very good system… and unique also. It just doesn’t tickle my fancy as much as a couple of others.

Anywho, I just beat Guardian Ape before logging off… and am on the verge of choosing the maintain the iron code and forsake Kuro option the next time I log on. It’ll be interesting to face Isshin Ashina as opposed to Sword Saint. I’m sure there are some similarities as well as some major differences. Then reload my save and on to Fountainhead to get the last 4 Lapis Lazuli’s I need to fully upgrade my last two prosthetics.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Shura ending done… and that Emma & Isshin 3 phase boss fight to finish it was a doozy! So… chill for tonight… reload a save tomorrow, deal some death to Shinobi Owl and Corrupted Monk… navigate Fountainhead and I’ll be done. 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@KAIRU with how much you love the game dude, you definitely wouldn’t be wasting your time. I mentioned it in the Trophy thread but in case you didn’t see my post… it’s in my all-time top 10 games now for sure. Great game!

**** DLC!

Jtheripper

Been waiting a long time for a good price on ps store, its been 4 years, and still 40 bucks on sale.

Pretty tempted now though, while waiting for an elden ring good price drop.

Jtheripper

woollypump

Having been completely convinced that I was probably just too old and slow to progress past Genchiro Ashina, I might actually be able to do it. I went back to it over the past week and can now pretty consistently get to the Tomoe phase, having previously not been able to get close to the first deathblow in phase 1. Still not convinced I can climb over the wall, but I've managed to find some finger holds and get off the ground at least...

woollypump

woollypump

I did it! Just took a few more tries after work today! With hindsight (!) one of the most enjoyable bosses in any of the FS games Onwards!

woollypump

colonelkilgore

@woollypump massive props dude, well done! Well… I’d be lying if I said it was all downhill from there but if you can overcome Genichiro you’ll overcome what’s to come.

**** DLC!

woollypump

@colonelkilgore Thanks! I'm going to play blind and take my time with this one - it's the last Miyazaki game that I haven't completed so I want to savour it.

It was last July/August when I last attempted Sekiro and played up to Genichiro, so I used a dragon blood droplet to clean the extensive dragonrot I had accumulated on the many, many, many attempts it took me to beat Genichiro, and spent last night exploring area's I'd already been through. I'd totally missed Mount Kongo so spent most of the evening exploring there - up to the Armoured Warrior.

woollypump

woollypump

I'm still working my way through and really enjoying it, taking my time and playing blind. I'm at Fountainhead palace. I'm glad I persevered - I would really struggle to pick my favourite FS game and Sekiro would be in the running.

woollypump

colonelkilgore

@woollypump yeah it’s a great game no doubt. I actually didn’t appreciate quite how good until I returned to it last year for a second playthrough. It’s firmly in my top 10 games of all time now for sure.

**** DLC!

LN78

@woollypump I think it's the best FS game - no summons and no duking the stats means that the feeling of triumph having overcome a difficult boss is pretty much unsurpassed. Well done for persevering - I almost threw in the towel a couple of times but I'm so pleased I stuck with it.

LN78

woollypump

I got sooooo close to beating the Demon of Hatred twice today, but both times I had no flasks or pellets left so no leeway for messing up (which I did ).

Now I need to do a bit of grinding for spirit emblems before I try again...

Lost count of how many attempts so far, but very fun fight

woollypump

LN78

@woollypump There is (or was) a pretty famous cheese strat for that fight - it might've been patched out, though.

LN78

woollypump

LN78 wrote:

@woollypump There is (or was) a pretty famous cheese strat for that fight - it might've been patched out, though.

I can do it!

woollypump

LN78

You definitely can.

LN78

woollypump

LN78 wrote:

You definitely can.

Beat him last night - spent 20 mins or so grinding for emblems with the spirit balloons - amassed > 200 emblems and then beat him on the next attempt

So - just the final boss to go. Made a couple of attempts last night - beat Genichiro fairly easily but I reckon it will take me quite a few attempts

woollypump

LN78

For me, Sword Saint Ishiin wasn't as tough as Demon of Hatred or the second Owl fight on Hirata Estate. Best of luck!

LN78

woollypump

LN78 wrote:

For me, Sword Saint Ishiin wasn't as tough as Demon of Hatred or the second Owl fight on Hirata Estate. Best of luck!

I missed the second Hirata Estate visit so if I do go for the platinum I would have to do that on NG+ ...

woollypump

LN78

I'd recommend doing that - it was my favourite fight!

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic