Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,111

Pditty1980

@Thrillho

Not quite yet as I have to at least finish Resident Evil 2 first!

Pditty1980

tangi_atori

Im looking forward to Prince of Persia too.

Would anyone have a online/multiplayer game they would recommend? Just got a Sony Account and looking for something good to play with others online.

tangi_atori

Th3solution

I was going to play through the Uncharted series again soon. I played each game only once upon each one’s release; having only experienced UC1-3 on PS3, so this go around will be through the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4. It’s been quite a few years, so I’m looking forward to it.

But the question is this — How difficult is Crushing Mode? Obviously it’s gotta be pretty hard, and highly skill dependent, but just for perspective, I’ve never played any of the UC games on anything higher than normal. I didn’t find normal terribly difficult, but I did die from time to time. I’m pretty average at best with shooters and I find the exploration, puzzles, and story of the UC games to be the parts I enjoy and the combat is merely something I tolerate. I’m just worried about the waves of bullet-sponge enemies that are thrown at you at every turn and I don’t want to end up disliking the game, which is among my favorite memories from the PS3. Yet, I feel like being a true UC and Naughty Dog fan I should have an Uncharted Platinum in my collection and it would be nice to go for the platinum in one playthrough by just jumping into Crushing from the get-go. I don’t know. I think I’m leaning toward just trying Hard first. Even that may be too much to ruin my enjoyment. Any advice?
Or I guess the simple answer might be start out on Crushing and bump the difficulty down if it gets too bad (I assume that’s possible)?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I tried UC2 on Crushing but didn’t find it at all fun. It didn’t feel like deaths were particularly fair either and I’ve never really tried it again.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho That’s what I feared. I don’t want the difficulty to distract from the story and flow. I’ll probably just try Hard and not worry about the platinum.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@tangi_atori I don't play much multiplayer, but Star Wars: Battlefront II is a great time, providing you're a fan of the franchise. It's undergoing a bit of a player resurgence at the moment, so you should have no trouble finding full servers at any time of day.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Well, you know my thoughts on challenging gameplay, but your question did remind me of a short clip I captured way back in 2015, when first playing The Nathan Drake Collection.

I've dusted it off and embedded it below, for illustration purposes. In context, this is me playing on Crushing Mode, straight from having completed the entire trilogy once on Normal already and gotten through Drake's Fortune on Crushing (so, in other words, I'm as "in the zone" as I'm ever gonna be).

(In fairness, I was laughing so hard after about three deaths that the last couple are likely the result of the fact that I couldn't see properly through my tears.)

But I got through, as I've got the Crushing trophies for the entire trilogy (in fact, I think I've got Crushing trophies for every Uncharted game, if memory serves). Examples of the above happen at least once per game, though, and they were frequent enough to stop me from trying the new Brutal difficulty, which they added in The Nathan Drake Collection (although its associated trophy doesn't count towards the platinum, if you can stomach a platinum alongside a less-than-perfect percentage).

Bottom line? It's achievable, but there are bottlenecks in which the increased accuracy and aggression of enemies, coupled with Nate's lack of resilience, becomes a right pain in the derrière.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks, pal. That’s more than enough of a deterrent right there 😂
So I decided to start it on Hard mode and so far, so good. I’m only an hour or two in so I’ve not had one of the big firefights yet. I’m not opposed to turning it down to normal if my enjoyment wavers. It having been so many years since playing the game, I’d rather enjoy it like it was the first time and soak up all the moment to moment fun. I think I read that enabling cheats doesn’t disable the trophies, so I can fairly easily do a second run on Crushing with cheats enabled if I really, really want the platinum; although I was surprised to see the plat rate is so low — 1.3%. So, that appears to be out of my league anyways.

Edited on by Th3solution

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger this us some really good info actually, as I do intend to go back and grab the plats for these at some point. 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, I do occasionally re-watch it myself, whenever I'm considering playing a game on a harder difficulty level. Makes for a potent reminder!

At least, playing on Hard, you'll still get an extra trophy to mark the occasion. It should be noted that, as far as I understand it, cheats in The Nathan Drake Collection can only be activated on a previously-completed difficulty (so, beat the game on Hard, and you can cheat on Hard, Normal and Easy, but not Crushing or Brutal). It's the PS4 games which let you cheat whenever.

Tagging @colonelkilgore in case they were planning on using cheats to chase the platinums.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers dude, wasn't even aware of cheats tbh... and sounds like they are no help anyway as the Crushing playthrough sounds like the potential plat blocker. Good to know though.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Hey, if I can clear Crushing (eventually) then I'm sure you'd be able to, too, especially with your legendary perseverance! You're right, the cheats aren't essential anyway; the most useful spawns in any weapon you want, but it's not like there's ever a shortage of firearms lying about in an Uncharted game.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger 🤣 nice to know my perseverance is finally getting the recognition it deserves around here 😉.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Stick at something long enough an... oh, look who I'm telling!

Making It So Since 1987

Jesset72294

Would be nice do get a DIGIMON WORLD collection on PS NOW. Those were such good games and it’s impossible to play them without an old system lol. Miss those games.

Jesset72294

Pditty1980

@Jesset72294

I'd like that too!, i never played them on the older systems as but i like to play them!

Pditty1980

Jesset72294

Idk if you played the newer ones, but digimon world 3 in my opinion is the best. Not even close. Dw4 is actually like a Diablo like game. They can digivolve and all that, BUT it’s not easy and requires a lot of time to do it. But it was good as a grind style game. It was great.
@Pditty1980

Jesset72294

Pditty1980

@Jesset72294

Never played any except maybe the first on the original PlayStation , there's a new digimon game due out on ps4 this year though

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Jesset72294

Yeah I think it’s some kind of strategy kinda thing. But move and attack type of turn based. Different but it could end up being really good. Like a final fantasy tactic kind of game
@Pditty1980

Jesset72294

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic