Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,111

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks for the offer, but I don’t think I have the availability to take advantage of any notification systems. I have tried some and all it’s really led to is having to stop myself in the middle of a job, log on and fight the online battle for 15-30 minutes. It’s just too disruptive to my work day and I can’t really be at the beck and call of a stock notifier. When I am free I check on my own time; or if I have advanced notice of a drop, I can usually manipulate my schedule to log in during a pre-announced time slot. But being able to drop everything? Can’t do it.

I’m sure C-3PO would be welcomed in the Valhalla of dead and useless items. But I don’t know, even in his dilapidated condition, a Star Wars toy like that still has purpose! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, I fear I'd be the same. Having to be reactive to such things is a right pain, and it simply shouldn't be the case; I get stock shortages for a couple weeks, maybe a month, but it's getting beyond ridiculous. With any luck, you'll... well, you'll get lucky.

Okay. I'll let you know when he's just a head, then. It's only a matter of time!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

I also bought the ultimate edition so i would not only get Miles Morales Spiderman but the remastered version of the Original too, i didn't have a ps4 or ps4 pro so when i decided to get the ps5 they were number one on my to get list!

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Yeah, having missed out on a few limited-time editions before, I thought it'd be cheaper to act early than kick myself in hindsight. Hope you enjoy 'em (or have been enjoying 'em, if you're one of the lucky few to have secured a PS5 already)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

Yeah I was (by pure luck) able to get a PlayStation 5 from Amazon.co.uk on launch day, (it was actually my last ditch attempt as all the other sites had sold out by then)

It was crazy, they had announced they would start selling PlayStation 5's at 12 noon (Irish time) but the site was under such strain that it was closer to 1pm before they did, but I was prepared, I had already logged into my account & was on the PS5 page, (which I was constantly refreshing) so when they went on sale it only took 2 or 3 clicks, (as well as what felt like an never ending wait to see if the transaction would go through) and I had it!

By the time my sale was done and I returned to the ps5 page (maybe 3 minute) they were sold out, it even came 2 days later (thanks amazon prime fast delivery)!

I even got a few games with it (which I had already picked out and had waiting in my basket for checkout), in particular I wanted to get Spider-Man: Miles Morales Deluxe Edition (both because I really wanted that game & because bonus it includes the remaster of the 2018 Spiderman game) and I am so happy I did, both are bloody brilliant games and look so good on PS5, and while Spiderman Remastered is much longer (the base game is quite long in itself, but it also has all 3 DLC's built in), Spider-Man: Miles Morales has an extra oomph to it because it was built for the ps5 and uses its power!

You can hate me now! LoL

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Th3solution

@WaveWitch I’m a little worried about being disappointed with the rest of the Resident Evil franchise after having played RE2 Remake. It is so excellent that I think some of the weaknesses throughout the series that you point out are going to leave me dissatisfied. I have a soft plan to play all the mainline games because I really enjoyed RE1 Remake and RE2 Remake so much. From what I hear, I should enjoy RE3 Remake and probably RE4, but it sounds like I may need to stop there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 No hatred or jealousy, just respect for your determination (and, given how crazy it's been for most folk, your downright luck)! Glad to hear the pair of Spidey games live up to the hype, in terms of performance and power. Am looking forward to seeing them for myself, later in the year!

Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

Thanks for that, to be honest I spent about 9 hours online that day starting in the middle of the night, between seeing where they would be for sale, reading the info updates on different sites, registering on sites selling ps5,'s etc, trying to get one and I struck out until I reached my last chance (Amazon UK) , and It was pure luck I was able to get one there (with luck like that I should have bought myself some lottery tickets too! ),

I make it sound like yes I got one, but what I left out was, by the time I did, I was tired, stressed out, upset and annoyed at myself for my inability to get one, even though I knew it was such a Longshot that I would get one going in. The whole you can hate me now bit was just a bit of fun!

The Spiderman games are deffo something you can look forward to, I loved them but I was already a Spiderman fan, so the many hours of web spinning fun was geeky heaven for me!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Well, double the respect for your determination, then!

Yeah, I came late to Spidey and played the PS4 original for the first time last year (twice; immediately went for its platinum once I'd seen the credits roll, via NG+ on the highest difficulty, and ended up taking over 500 screencaps in Photo Mode). I then picked up as much of his back-catalogue as I could, and still have a few gems from yesteryear to work through whilst I wait for my chance to grab a PS5 and play Miles Morales, but nothing has come close to Insomniac's achievement.

Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

Thanks again, I too have a backlog of ps4 games, I'm working on the Resident evil 2 remake now, I have the Kingdom hearts Complete Package (which I got on sale for €32 euro when it normally costs €109), Jedi Fallen Order, Batman Arkham Collection, Ratchet and Clank, Ghost of Tsushima etc etc not to mention all any of the monthly ps+ games that take my fancy like Man Eater!!

Isnt our lives so hard!! LoL

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

nessisonett

@WaveWitch I dunno, quite a few of us played REmake last year on here and I think almost all of us really enjoyed it. There’s definitely a place for the original style and the fixed camera angles I feel have aged better than 5 and 6 as they help make the games a tighter experience.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

banacheck

I am trying to get through some my back log before I manage to get a PS5, & started playing Mark of the Ninja: Remastered, I highly recommend it. It's a 2D Stealth game very well done that has a brilliant art style, you play as a Ninja you unlock new moves, gadgets, up grades etc. Of your into these sorts of games you'll love it, it's on sale at the moment too in the Remasters & Retro! that I noticed. Not sure how much because I cannot see the price as I already own the game, but I would imagine around £8+.

banacheck

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Nice backlog; I can highly recommend Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (and would do even if I weren't a super-fan of its franchise) and reckon it'll run beautifully on your PS5. And yeah, all these amazing games to play, with more to come... it's a tough life, for sure!

@Arugula It's a compulsion of mine, for sure.

Will you be sharing any of your Valhalla shots in the screencap topic? I'd love to see them, if possible! The modern Assassin's Creed games always look stunning!

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger, iv added more to it again, I bought Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil 1 for €10 last night!

Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Arugula wrote:

@RogerRoger If I can figure out how to take them from the game I might. Pretty proud of some of them but the game does all the heavy lifting!

Is it Ps4, or Ps5 because on the Duelsense (PS5) controller the button on the opposite side of the touch pad on is setup specifically for talking screenshots and videos in game!

Edit I just checked and it's the same on the Ps4 Duelshocks!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Arugula If you need any help, just yell (but don't make unnecessary work for yourself, either).

@Pditty1980 Quite the bargain! That's the problem with all these sales. I very nearly pulled the trigger on Jurassic World Evolution last night (currently less than a tenner with a PS Plus discount) but stopped myself when I remembered I still had 80 games in my backlog!

Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger

Not to mention the upcoming major releases like Resident Evil Village, Prince of Persia remake, Ratchet & Clank etc I will want to buy that's upcoming

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 It never ends, does it...?!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic