Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 401 to 420 of 700

RogerRoger

@mookysam I was right twice?! Okay, now I'm scared. What's wrong with the world?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
So nothing to worry about.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan That's the best description of me I've ever heard! Thank you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@mookysam Thanks for the kind words on Disco Elysium. Part of me wants to get it again and play it through on consoles - at the same time, and this is me being weird, I kind of almost want to leave it as it is. I felt I played through the game and made the choices that I want. I almost don't want to make any other choices just to see the different paths.

None of that means you shouldn't play it as soon as it launches!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego I have similar feelings a lot of the time when I finish a game with choice-based alternate endings, especially when said game is done really well and requires a large emotional investment and pay-off. I never went back to try different outcomes in Detroit Become Human, Erica, Until Dawn, or even the much simpler choice games like Life is Strange or when you can play as a ‘good’ guy or a ‘bad’ guy I rarely go back - like in RDR2 or the Infamous games. Occasionally I’ll reload the last checkpoint or a save toward the end if there is one binary decision that just changes the conclusion, like in Bloodborne I did the save trick to see all 3 endings. But most of the time, I consider my choices and playthrough as ‘canon.’

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego Part of me feels the same way but then I think about the fact that it will be fully voiced when it comes to console! Plus I do wonder what it would be like playing the game as a total fascist.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego Part of me feels the same way but then I think about the fact that it will be fully voiced when it comes to console! Plus I do wonder what it would be like playing the game as a total fascist.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh it will be fully voiced? One of the things that has put me off is the amount text to read in the game, so my interest has piqued in this game!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, quite a bit was voiced before but the rerelease will contain voiced dialogue for every line in the game!

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Glad it is not just me - I also did the same with Bloodborne but really only for trophy reasons. I also wanted to fight the Moon presence so that was my first choice.

@nessisonett I know and I loved what voice acting there was in the original game. If it has a physical release, I will buy it just to have a copy on the shelf then maybe in a year or so give it a go again. Still quite fresh in my mind plus I listen to the soundtrack a lot while working!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego I pre-ordered the soundtrack on vinyl and don’t regret it! British Sea Power were always one of the better bands from the post-punk revival of the early 2000s but I’d never really sat down and listened to them before Disco Elysium.

mookysam

@Rudy_Manchego That's understandable; I've played games where the playthrough and the choices I made felt "perfect", leaving me completely satisfied with it. A replay has the potential to tarnish that memory. I'll definitely be getting it at launch. Hopefully the full voice acting will be good!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

I added a planned purchase to my backloggery — Returnal. If I can get a PS5 by March, I really think I might have to buy that game. It looks fantastic to me. It’s like all the awesome neon visual effects and arcadey action of Resogun and Nex Machina but in a third person narrative driven game. It’s like the best of both worlds. More than any other game, it has me excited to get a PS5. Maybe even more than Ratchet & Clank.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Just one thing about Returnal, it’s a roguelike and so the narrative side of things is a bit unknown for now. Hopefully like Hades, it feeds enough story after each run to keep things fresh.

Black_Swordsman

I want to get Super Meat Boy and have another go at Death Stranding.
@colonelkilgore I just wanted to tag you in on this as I know you're a big fan of Death Stranding, so you may be seeing me around before Elden Ring arrives as I want to get this game on Friday - I completed the first two chapters when I had it before but gave up and sold it, I feel like I didn't see enough of the game's true potential. I was put off somewhat by the stealth elements with the BTs, as I am not a huge MGS fan, but I feel like everything else about the game would make it more than worthwhile to part with my cash for the game again.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I could see the emphasis on stealth when interacting with BTs being a frustration if stealth isn’t your cup o’ tea. There’s actually opportunity to fight them if you’d rather take an aggressive approach. I actually found fighting them to sometimes be a better option because it will clear the area for future traversal. Nevertheless, the entire game can’t be played that way, unfortunately, and there are times when you have to be stealthy. But it’s very much worth it. Especially if you like the delivery mechanic and the puzzle-like approach to building structures and using online prebuilt structures to optimize traversal over the terrain. It’s a very unique game.

Edited on by Th3solution

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, I'll be sure to check it out on Friday, hopefully I won't back out and lose interest before then, as that is a problem for me in general - or lose interest too quickly after buying it and playing it - the same issue applies.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

Metal Gear Survive and Dead Island are currently in my backlog'most wanted games category.

Black_Swordsman

Unchartetd: Lost Legacy
Control
Resident Evil HD Remaster

Edit: The Order 1886
Call Of Cthulhu
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Gold Edition)

Edit 2: Cricket 19

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

themcnoisy

New backlog

FF7 - get characters to level 50
Dreams - make a PT jam tune
Sackboy - Mop up a couple of trophies

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7