Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 421 to 440 of 699

Ralizah

I largely hit my goals last time, aside from being a bit late with two of the games (although I traded SotC for Concrete Genie), and have beaten a few others games as well in that same time.

Games I'd like to beat by the start of May:

• Persona 5 Strikers (Switch)
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP)
  • Detective Grimoire (PC)

As for purchases, I'm planning on purchasing Monster Hunter Rise and am teetering on the edge of downloading Raging Loop since the sale price is extremely reasonable right now. I can't really see it going much lower in price any time soon.

Games beaten: 11
Games purchased: 10 (although only two of those were at full retail, and three of those were five dollars or less)

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oath in Felghana’s really quite brilliant, about 4 million times better than The Ark of Napishtim. Now that game has been one hell of a slog and I still have more to go. Oath and Origin totally perfected the formula that Ark started.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett It's kinda funny how, due to most of the games receiving remakes over the years, playing them in chronological order really makes it where you jump all over the place in terms of how the game design of this series evolved overall.

I've heard really good things about Oath! Considering I also liked the somewhat tedious Ys I & II, I imagine it's going to be a winner for me.

Is Ark one of the longer games? At some point these games went from being 8 - 15 hour experiences to 50+ hour epics.

I think, after Oath, Origins is next up for me. Although, considering you have to replay it numerous times to see the true ending, I'll probably sandwich it between a few other games.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Perhaps I’m being a bit unfair on Ark given that I’m playing the PSP version with its loading times, lack of fast travel and boss glitches which make the game exponentially harder! But then, I played the PSP version of 1, 2 and Oath and they were brilliant so I’m not sure how much of an excuse there is. I honestly can’t tell if Ark is a long game or the grinding required just makes it feel that way. I mean, I quite like grinding in some games but this is beyond a joke. At least after that’s done it’s onto Seven and then Lacrimosa of Dana! You’ll have a great time with Origin but playing all stories in a row is slightly overboard and I regret not taking a bit of a break.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Unfortunately, the PSP version of Ark doesn't appear to be on PSN, so I'll be sticking with PC for that one. I guess I could find a rip of the PSP version and play it that way, but eh.

Seven is on PSP as well, right? Is that also a substandard version of the game, like Ys VI apparently is?

nessisonett

@Ralizah I have no idea what the PC version of Seven is like as I didn’t realise it was ported! At least Seven was specifically made for PSP and so should play better than the ported Ark. Now I wish I’d just got the Ys games on PC 😅

Ralizah

@nessisonett I just realized that, Ys V and VI aside, you can play all of the games through VIII on a Vita. Pretty cool.

I'd recommend either the PS4 or PC version for VIII, though. Lots of extra content. I wish I could recommend the Switch version, but the framerate craps out too often, IMO, and the in-game shadows are weird.

Edited on by Ralizah

Gaia093

Currently playing Yakuza 6. Games I already bought that are next up on my list would be:

-Code Vein
-Dark Souls II
-Resident Evil VII Gold Edition

As for future purchases, there are three relatively short games that I really want to play:

-Hellblade
-A Plague Tale
-Shadow of the Colossus

I get the plat (and sometimes more) for every game I play, so they take a while - but I have a solid track record of sticking with each of them until the end. Bought my PS4 on late August of last year and I've been tearing through the library ever since.

Edited on by Gaia093

Gaia093

Onigumo

I want ghosts of tsushima, miles morales, nier replicant and kena bridge of spirits this year

Onigumo

Black_Swordsman

Just added Chronos: Before the Ashes to my Backlog as a result of a friendly word from my good compatriot @colonelkilgore .

The sword and shield gameplay tempts me compared to the looter-shooter gameplay of Remnant, as a Souls fan, this is more up my street.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hope we both enjoy it bud... I’ll just dust off my catch-phrase ‘... but I ain’t played a souls-like yet that I didn’t like’. I haven’t got massive expectations for this one though as it seems extremely short by all accounts (& therefore presumably extremely stripped down). Might help tide us over until Elden Ring though 😉.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

It’s been a while since I updated my backloggery. So much so that I was able to knock out 4 other unlisted games from my backlog, but here’s a breakdown of the prior plan —

>>>Previous Backlog
-God of War - done (with platinum)
-Guardians of the Galaxy - done (with platinum)
-Hitman - in process
>>>Vita
-Undertale - tried but abandoned
>>>Planned Purchases
-Resident Evil 3 & 4 - purchased
-Disco Elysium - not yet
-Returnal - preordered

— — — — — — —

>>>>Current Backlog -
PS4
Hitman
The Outer Worlds
PS5
Control
Returnal
Vita
Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight
>>>>Planned Purchases
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Demon’s Souls
Spider-Man: Miles Morales</ul>

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's some solid progress right there! Which has inspired me to finally sit down and make another contribution to this topic, since the last time I did was... yikes, October 2020.

Previous Backlog:
Syphon Filter (yep, finally saw it through, after all these years)
Batman: Arkham Origins (also yep, as well as its DLC and its PS Vita companion game)
inFAMOUS 2 and Festival of Blood (yes to the former, not yet to the latter)
Ultimate Spider-Man (yep, and thoroughly enjoyed it, too)

Other games I've also completed in the past seven-ish months include 007 Legends, 007: Quantum of Solace (both DS and PC), Alpha Protocol, Astro's Playroom, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Blood Stone 007 (both DS and PC), Concrete Genie, GoldenEye 007 (DS), GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (DS), Ico, James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (GBA), Katamari Damacy REROLL, Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (GBA), Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - War Chest Edition, The Mummy, Resident Evil 2 (PSone), Sonic Colours (DS), Star Trek: Invasion, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (both PC and PS2), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Star Wars: Squadrons, Star Wars: Starfighter and Vanquish.

I promise never to be late with my homework again. Honest.

Current Backlog:
Hitman III
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales NG+ Playthroughs
Star Trek: Legacy

Upcoming Purchases:
Ghost of Tsushima
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Slow day in the office, so I thought I'd take my already extensive gaming schedule to the next level. Currently on 40 platinum's and have now plotted my way though to my 100th at the end of 2023.

That will have whittled my 'current' backlog right down, with the remaining games being ones that I would'nt consider to be 'must-plays'. Obviously all schedules are subject to change... & there are some very difficult games to achieve the Platinum on pencilled in over the next couple of years... but if everything goes according to the plan I'll have saved God of War: Ragnarok for 100.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

Thought it update my list from October. Completed a few chunky games so I'm quite happy with that.

Current back log
FF XV - Complete
Nier Automata - Complete
Nino Kuni 2 - Complete
Resident Evil 2 - Purchased
Resident Evil 3
The Last Of Us 2 - Complete
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone - Platinumed
Death Stranding - Purchased
Bloodborne
Jedi Fallen Order
Assasins Creed Oddesy
Doom Eternal
Dragob Quest
Final Fantasy Remake - Currently Playing

Also not on the list but Completed
Ratchet and clank
Astros Playroom - Platinum
Control

New to the list
Tomb Raider Trilogy- Own
Persona 5 - Own
Resident Evil 7 - Own
Mass Effect Trilogy - Pre-Ordered
Outerworlds
Dragonballz Kakarot
Greedfall
Plus lots of ps5 games

So I knocked 5 games off the list, 3 not on the list played about 200 hours on Division 2 (need to stop as slowing progress on my list lol) but added 7 ps4 games to the list plus many more ps5 games. So even though I think I did well my list hasn't gone down lol

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir “ ...even though I think I did well my list hasn't gone down”
I know the feeling — it’s a bit like treading water. I figured I’d make a nice dent into the backlog since game releases have slowed considerably, but once I got a PS5, it opened up a new source of backlog material. 😅 I really slowed down on new game purchases last year, but with adding a PS5 there was another half dozen of games added. Even access to the PS+ instant game collection added several to my list that I’ll need to prioritize now.

The good news is that the release schedule is still slow for the rest of the year probably, although I bet it picks back up in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution lol yeah even though everyone was screaming about not many games on release of ps5 and how slowly games are being released I was over the moon I still have so many really good games to play that I don't need any more adding to the list 🤣 ps + collection like you already said added games to the list aswell.

Luckily the older I've got the less worried I've became about trying to get through everything at a fast pace, I very rarely bother with new releases any more, Mass Effect will be the first game I've bought on release for a very long time. I just try to enjoy them at my own pace/pleasure now.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir It is an interesting balance of ‘play now and be in the hype conversation’ or ‘play later at one’s own pace and probably save some money.’

I tend to wait, but there is a certain added enjoyment of being present with the day 1 crowd. I’m trying to limit it to just a few titles per year where I jump in at release though. For this year — Returnal, probably R&C, and maybe Forbidden West.

nessisonett

I actually haven’t written out my backlog as it’s insanely complex. I will try.

Currently playing
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (PS4)
Crash 4 (PS5)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch)
Medal of Honor Underground (PS1)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (SNES)
Ys Seven (Vita)

Play Occasionally
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
Hitman 3
Risk of Rain 2 (PC)
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Hades (PC)
The Sims 2 (PC)

Playing Next
Nioh 2 (PS5)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Ys VIII (Vita)
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PS5)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4)
The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)
Resident Evil 3 (PC)
Octopath Traveller (PC)
Bugsnax (PS5)
Resonance of Fate (PS4)
Infamous Second Son (PS4)
Battlefield 1 (PS4)
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
Sleeping Dogs (PS4)

Finish Off At Some Point (But Probably Not)
Shenmue (PC)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (PC)
Batman Arkham City (PC)
Blasphemous (PC)
Sekiro (PC)
FFXIV Heavensward (PC)
GTA San Andreas (PC)
LISA (PC)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine (PC)
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Yakuza 4 (PS4)
F.E.A.R. (PS Now)
Killzone (PS Now)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS Now)
Metal Gear Solid 5 (PS4)

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir @Th3solution I'm the same, it's very rare I'll play a game at release these days. I think the only games during the PS4 era that I actually did that for were Death Stranding, Sekiro, God of War (2018), Horizon: Zero Dawn & Bloodborne.

I've bought a few PS5 titles at release but not played them yet. The only upcoming game that I'll definitely play at release is Elden Ring. I'll be tempted to play Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok also.

I just find that quite often when a game is released, it coincides with me having played something similar fairly recently and then it can take the shine off a little. Ive found that since I've been alternating between genres and game-lengths it is really helping with my enjoyment.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic