Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 641 to 650 of 650

Th3solution

@Yousef- Yes, you bring up some good points. If BluePoint had been working on a Remake or Remaster then we’d probably have it by now, or at least soon. It’s fun to imagine that a BluePoint Remake could be coming out right now during the first party quiet period.

I’ve heard that ND took on The Last of Us Remake for a similar reason that they did the PS4 Remaster, that being to get their team familiar and tuned into developing for the new generation tech. I have no idea if that’s true on why the have done their own remaster/remakes. But yes, otherwise it is frustrating that they spend their time doing that instead of outsourcing it, when they could have been working on their new game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution you’re right. And yeah there was some controversy at the start around who was actually working on the TLOU Part 1 remake first. The little birdie said that it was a niche team, but ND was like “sorry bud, this is ours now” and the team got yeeted. But that’s only what the little birdie told me, you are at your discretion in choosing to believe that.

On a slightly unrelated note, and I hate going off topic, but how do you feel about buying a game physically? Is it reasonable to try and obtain something physically over there wherever you are and have it cheap as well? Here in Kuwait, it is so easy that I always take it for granted if other countries or states struggle at it. (And no, I’m not asking that for a potential reason potentially related to my potentially soon potential guide, why would you think that? I will however leave this completely unrelated that has nothing to do any ongoing discourse past, present or future, oh how I hate my slippery fingers!)
Untitled

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Th3solution

@Yousef- Sly… 😅
Yes, physical media is available here in the States. I buy many of my new games physical. I do have a hefty digital library for when it’s cheaper that way and for my PS+ fare, but otherwise I prefer a disc if I can get one. I like have the resell value of a disc.

I often use pre-owned markets which we have here to buy physical copies on the cheap, and can often find good deals if I look hard enough. Unfortunately the physical media availability is shrinking through and sometimes it takes some sleuthing through a couple different stores to find what I want.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution ahhh, fascinating!!
The grey market functions pretty similarly here. Know where to sniff, and you’ll smell a good deal.

And unshocklingly, musous are extremely popular here. Niche markets are quite loyal.

It’s also not as random as you think. While you wouldn’t be wrong to assume West Asia lives in entirely different universe, especially being predominantly Arab, remember, word travels around and there’s links everywhere. The link between eastern media and their arrival here in west Asia is, our unsung hero, Indonesia! All my love and respect goes to the country of Indonesia! You have no idea how valuable it is to be close to a culture that his its foot on both doors. In this instance, they’re in touch with both our world and the world of China, so you can imagine how word of mouth can travel!

As a matter of fact, I’m playing an English patch of Warriors Orochi 3 PSP on my phone and, you guessed it, the patch is made by an Indonesian team.

The most popular instant ramen brand here is “indomie”, think for two seconds what the “indo” stands for… THATS RIGHT, it stands for “go buy dynasty warriors 8 right now”.

Err, sorry for the typo, I meant to type the country’s name. Darn slippery fingers’

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

Th3solution

@Yousef- Although it relates to my backlog and my (possible) future purchase plans, I’m going to shift over to the recommendation thread to follow up on that comment, because I did have another musou update.

Yousef-

@Th3solution I shall look forward to your comment with great anticipation.
Untitled

-Max Payne

FuriousMachine

Just checked some reviews for Nobody Wants To Die and it seems to be well received and delivers what it says on the tin, so to speak. Xbox Era's review was glowing, claiming it was one of the best narrative adventures he's ever played, so that, along with a couple of other solid 8-9/10 reviews sold me and the game is indeed now purchased. It is also highly likely that it will be the next game I play after finishing The Witcher 3, as it is a short game (around 5 hours) and will probably serve as a nice palate cleanser.

Here's hoping my two other "hopefuls", Star Wars: Outlaws and Dragon Age: The Veilguard also delivers on their promise and becomes my next two purchases

FuriousMachine

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

I keep changing my mind and disregarding the advice I have received, rather selfishly in favor of my own whims and caprices, with regard to what game I want to play next. But I think I will play Another Crab's Treasure next after RE2 REmake atm, whilst still keeping RE4 & Alan Wake II firmly in my mind in addition to the underwater Soulslike.

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN underwater soulslike? Wondering what that’s like.

-Max Payne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic