Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,319

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Ha ha oh yeah that was a great sketch.

I mean, I think she just can't be trusted. She promises she will never let goes and in literaly seconds, she lets go. Harsh.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

LN78

@Rudy_Manchego The weird thing is I've seen Kate Winslet in real life and she's tiny. Probably about 5 foot 5 or something. So yeah. Very suspect.

LN78

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Yeah and Leo isn't exactly a giant and was quite scrawny in the film.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

The "Fan-Fiction" writing comment I've seen a few times is what gets me the most...

...If it was Fan-Fiction levels of writing "The Last Of Us 2" would have Ellie meet up with Goku, Winnie the Pooh, Scooby-Doo & Spider-Man. They'd form a new Mystery Inc, and solve the case of the Kreepy Space-Kook who was none other then old-man Sephiroth ๐Ÿ˜‚

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

To be honest I've looked at those spoilers for the Last of Us 2.

... What can I say? I'm a nosey woman and I was curious ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm not sure why but I've never been that interested in the series.

Maybe it was because I've only played Uncharted 3 of Naughty Dog's more recent work (and thought it was only alright) and just assumed The Last of Us would give a similar "Ehh it's ok I guess" sentiment.

I'm actually quite interested in it now though reading what's quite likely to happen (And honestly those comments I've seen are fairly ridiculous for the most part)

Turns out I actually have a copy of The Last Of Us sitting on the shelf so... I think I'm gonna play it once I'm done with Day's Gone!

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

LN78

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That will certainly make for an interesting 'double-feature' because a lot of people drew a lot of comparisons between the two games both in terms of theme and execution. They are hugely different from the mechanical and gameplay perspective but it'll make for a fascinating exercise in "compare and contrast" nonetheless. It's just a whole lot of dour post apocalyptic grimness to take on in a single stretch. Perhaps some "Animal Crossing" first?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well... I don't have a Switch for starts @LN78 ... and I don't really "get" games like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, stardew valley etc ๐Ÿ˜…

But I will be playing something on the side to make sure I don't get too burned out!

LN78

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I was just trying to think of something as far removed from the relentless doom and gloom of the two games that we were discussing as possible and that was the first one that popped into my noggin. But yeah a jovial little palette cleanser is probably the order of the day before jumping straight into "The Last of Us" - it's a beautifully made game but it's not exactly a barrel of laughs.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well to be honest I haven't really found Day's Gone that gloomy at all... Might be because I've been playing it pretty late at night and my brain's a bit on auto-pilot by then @LN78 ... That and the narrative isn't the greatest anyway lol ๐Ÿ˜…

I've been playing a round or two of that Pac-Man Championship 2 that Namco-Bandai offered for free (Which is ace!) every now and again but I might tgo all in and beat the adventure mode fully before going into The Last Of Us as you suggest for a nice little palette cleanser (As I assume you've played TLOS and know what you're talking about)

LN78

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh my gosh Pac-Man has become a bit of a problem for me. I bought "Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition" the other day with the intention of breaking the little yellow blighter's stranglehold on my psyche this weekend. Fingers crossed - my thumb is shot to bits.

LN78

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

My D-Pad (and thumb) has had some serious usage thanks to that Pac Dot gobbling fiend @LN78! Good luck on breaking that spell he has over you! ๐Ÿ˜…

LN78

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Apparently back in the early 80's when the coin-op craze was in full swing there were actual muggings and stuff going on inside arcades so that people could keep pumping money into Pac-Man machines. I can totally understand why...

LN78

nessisonett

NLife have had an article comment containing a link to TLOU2 spoilers sitting untouched for almost four and a half hours now. I reported it given that almost anyone would click on a YouTube link out of curiosity but nothingโ€™s been done. The comment in question essentially reads as โ€˜Woke SJWs badโ€™ so itโ€™s not hard to see the personโ€™s motivations for leaking the spoilers.

Edited on by nessisonett

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Ralizah

@nessisonett A comment under an unrelated article spoiled the ending of the recent Dragon Quest movie for me. Guy thought he was doing people a favor by posting unmarked spoilers, of course. Because HE found the concept of the ending to be disappointing, it should be spread far and wide so that everyone knows what happens.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

Speaking of TLOU2, since we don't have a thread for the game I'll just post my thoughts here about the recent trailer:

I honestly think TLOU2 is looking much better than the first TLOU. Like it actually looks like an interesting game compared to the first one. I'm one of the few people who didn't like the story in TLOU, but TLOU2 seems to have a more interesting one. I'm actually kinda excited for this game now, which I wasn't at all when TLOU was about to come out.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD You could start a thread for the game seeing as its going to be released soon.?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@nessisonett Next time just @ me, and I'll delete it ASAP. I sometimes browse the site without checking the alerts.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane No problem, it was late at night but it was just pretty bad of them to do.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Octane

@nessisonett That happens unfortunately. I really hope I can avoid spoilers for the coming six weeks. But man, some can't just keep that stuff to themselves and they have to spoil it for others as well. Very annoying.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic