Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,795

Th3solution

So I got my security Torx set, cracked open my PS4, pulled out the power supply, used the canned air to blow out all the dust from it and the heat sink vent and fan, used a q-tip to wipe off each individual blade of the fan, gave the whole inner unit a good gust of canned air, and put in back together again. Thankfully, the unit started up again and appears to be functioning normally after all that so apparently I didn’t break anything 😅

Hard to really tell if it runs quieter really. My fan and vents actually weren’t that dusty, compared to the videos I watched online. For never having done this before and the unit being 6 years old with thousands of hours of use, I’m surprised how clean it was inside. Nevertheless it’s cleaner now.

I’ve yet to give it a good 6 hour play session (will need to wait until after work for that) to see if it stays cooler, but I used it for like an hour and it still felt plenty warm at the end, although the fan sounded like it was just running at a normal clip. How do I know if I need to replace the thermal paste? That’s another level of breakdown of the console that I’m not comfortable with yet. I’ve read lots of places online about people replacing the thermal paste and the unit never works right again. Anyone have advice on that? It seems like something to wait until the unit shuts itself down due to overheating before attempting that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution That wasn’t something I felt the need to do to mine and would be dubious doing. I opened mine up to block the eject sensor and clean it out.

The latter certainly helped make it quieter but it still gets warm.

Thrillho

Fight_Teza_Fight

Argos UK is having another clearance.
Borderlands 3 £14.99.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1180352

That’s an incredible price for a really fun & solid game.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

HallowMoonshadow

Wavey84 wrote:

This game has virtually zero difficulty. your character is armed with health potions, multiple life bars and what seems to be infinite lives and even allows you to upgrade your armor when it's completely unnecessary given how Stupid-easy the game already is. it's like playing an RPG infused Arcade Beatemup with an endless amount of quarters. i absolutely despiseee most games that aren't challenging and this is one of them. Why even bother?

How far did you get exactly @Wavey84?

It is a fair bit easier before you get to the talisman hunt and you start doing things like three or four levels per run with your limited lives.

Not to mention hard difficulty you unlock is fairly challenging and the endgame stuff on the hardest difficulty REALLY isn't easy. Plus playing as the Dwarf or Knight gives you a much easier time then say the Elf or Wizard.

Whilst there might be unlimited continues (I've never done that badly) you do use gold up (with the cost increasing fairly rapidly) buying a new set of continues for you & the AI allies/or your friends.

Wavey84 wrote:

Also, to make things worse, if you're playing Solo the game forces An 'AI' Allie once you get to the second stage and onwards. So annoying, since they get in the way and take your shots and make an already ridicuously easy game all the more easier. ugh.

You can turn that off at the tavern... You just turn off the join function for the other slots. Pretty sure it tells you that.

You can also change the control scheme to move with the d-pad instead if you prefer...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

No problem

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might bring the ally in automatically that on the second stage as part of the "story" @Wavey84. You can also dismiss the allies as well in the tavern and it should make it so no one joins you.

You unlock hard difficulty after getting all the dragon talismans and beating the "final" boss on normal and inferno's unlocked by doing the same but on hard.

The B routes for each stage and the B route bosses are generally a lot harder then the A route ones thanks to the level bump and when you get to hard difficulty (Normal caps the lvl at 33) all the routes for the stages get notable spikes in level & difficulty.

The items by the way such as the healing potions only have a certain number of charges before they're used up and you have to buy more. They can only be used a certain amount of times for each stage as well if I recall. The bigger items having less charges overall in both stage and overall usage but heal more/last longer.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Thrillho Wow, that’s an awesome montage.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Junji Ito said at Comic Con that Kohima approached him to work on a horror game together. He didn’t divulge any more details as discussions are ongoing but it definitely proves that Kojima’s set on horror as his next project. If it pans out, I’m definitely hyped as Ito’s an absolute god in the horror genre and it could end up being a really exciting collaboration.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Oh its gone baby gone hasn't it!

@get2sammyb Any idea where the Ghost of Tsushima thread has disappeared to?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Arugula I think it’s Push Square’s hint to me to back off on the long tangential posts. 😂 I think I broke the thread.

ralphdibny

Seems like game club thread is missing too, I think along with my notifications for it. Glad that it's happened to other threads too and I didn't just imagine the last 3 months. I mean I'm not glad the threads are gone, just glad I'm not crazy lol

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Good work Clouseau! That would explain things, if he deleted his account.

Just looked at one of the topics he posted in, and they are gone. In the X Box topic it looks like @nessisonett is having a discussion with himself!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ralphdibny

I had no idea deleting a user would delete them from history itself

Is anyone in touch with KratosMD over PSN or XBL, do you know if they're alright?

See ya!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Oh dear, never a good sign if I look like a raving lunatic. Wonder what happened to Kratos?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah hope he is OK. He was passionate about gaming, can't fault him for that.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Is that on the PS4 or through the app?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic