Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 326

themcnoisy

Woah the whole ending. Amazing. Totally makes sense why Sam is a jerk at the beginning and the story is really shaky. Crazy. I won't spoil it but it's boss.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Arugula

Got more free time than I anticipated recently and so managed to finish up at 31 hours. It's... definitely an experience.

Enjoyed the first 3rd much more than the rest and finished purely to see the story through.

No major issues, it just didn't mean as much to me as it did to many. Happy to have experienced and discovered it along with millions of others but it won't live long in the memory.

Arugula

KratosMD

Well the ending of episode 5 was a doozy wasn't it. Definitely didn't expect that. First time I actually got a bit confused while playing this game, lol.

So yeah I'm back playing this game again and I've missed it. Since I've spent so much time paving roads during past episodes, I feel like just progressing through the story for now, especially since I've already played for 30-40 hours and I'm only on episode 6 now. Got to pick up the pace, especially since I've got 20+ PS4 games incoming, lol.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

MightyDemon82

@themcnoisy yup it's still stuck in my head, after almost a week, truly a fantastic experience overall!

MightyDemon82

themcnoisy

@MightyDemon82 I had an inkling what or rather how the end game would play out. The way all the main characters are tied together is fantastic.

The twist was decent, the explanation is a masterclass.

I hope Kojima keeps working on games, there's no way DS could translate to a film and have the same impact.

Edited on by themcnoisy

belmont

The game FREAKED me out!!

I was in the snow mountains and I saw from the distance the Tallneck the Giraffe looking robot from Horizon!!!!!!! I didn't capture it I only took a screenshot but I found this video where a player found it on another location

Edited on by belmont

belmont

KratosMD

Holy crap people weren't kidding when they were saying that the story keeps getting better and better. I've been playing through episode 8 now and it's been such a treat for me so far. Lots of story exposition; the classic Kojima/MGS explanations and tie-ins with real-life history, as well as tons of the Kojima charm that everyone who's played an MGS game will instantly recognise. What a brilliant and interesting game and I've still got quite a ways to go before finishing it. Can't wait to see what else it'll offer!

@belmont I don't know how far you're into the game, but yeah there are numerous easter eggs from Horizon Zero Dawn. I found one Tallneck near a city further into the game, which is really cool. I love how interconnected PS4 games can get, it makes me feel like a part of a huge community.

KratosMD

MightyDemon82

Got the Trophies for trading with another porter last night and the 700 items delivered. Focusing on premium deliveries to get those two trophies, my star is purple and red still need to do several more of miscellaneous and timed before they pop! Nothing worse when doing a timed delivery and you swerve to avoid mules only to fall down a ravine, reloaded the game so many times till i got that right.

MightyDemon82

Octane

So I'm in Port Knot City, and I have to take a boat. I got a warning about not leaving stuff behind. Am I leaving this area for good, or can I return and do the rest of the missions later?

Octane

KratosMD

@Octane You can return here later on, just make sure to put everything important in your private locker before you leave.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Ahhhhhh this game is so good! I just got done with episode 9 and so much happened that I didn't expect at all. What a crazy and brilliant game.

KratosMD

themcnoisy

@Octane that warning is actually really silly. Not long into the next chapter you can go back to the first area.

Top tip. Don't be hasty in going back. Try to box off chapter 3 and 4 first and venturing back to mop up will become quicker with your pathway upgrades.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Octane

@KratosMD @themcnoisy Cheers! It sounded like some cut-off point in the game. In that case I'll leave the remaining orders for another time. I don't really fancy tracking back over that mountain now that I'm in Port Knot City. I had to leave my bike behind as well. Poor thing, hope it survives the timefall.

Octane

Arugula

@Octane Yeah, it's as the others said. I've completed the main story, traveled about a million miles and still haven't retrieved and returned the old guys fountain pen. 🤣

Arugula

0D0

I'm on chapter 3. I've put 40 hours.

0D0

KratosMD

@0D0 I honestly think that chapter 3 is when people spend the most amount of time in this game, just because the game opens up here tremendously and everything is so new and fresh. After that point I honestly couldn't be bothered paving roads or doing side orders anymore just because it takes such a long time and there's no incentive in going back to previous areas if you've already 100%ed them.

I'm just enjoying the story now (chapter 9) because it's really getting bonkers and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

KratosMD

0D0

@KratosMD That makes sense. Another reason I'm taking so long is that I'm trying to get as many stars as possible before moving out.

Edited on by 0D0

0D0

carlos82

Right so I'm pretty much at the end of chapter 6 up in the mountains and still having an amazing time zipping 😉 between people to get them to 5 stars and building some roads before moving on. Oh and using some heavy weaponry to get revenge on some mules, stupid fools drove through a lake after me so a couple of stun grenades took care of that lot 😂. I'm really liking the stories of all the people you meet too, apart from the junk dealer who's a jerk, reminds me I need to go check on the chiral artist

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

MightyDemon82

91and a half hours in, just a handful of trophies to get before the platinum in mine. I'll be well into 100 hours before i move onto something else.

MightyDemon82

andreoni79

The credits rolled for me after 82 hours. Now I wait for the mid-december update to finish my job.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic