Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 495

MightyDemon82

@Octane i often still go back looking for deliveries that will help improve my grades. Other than that you can bypass them if you've maxed them out!

MightyDemon82

Octane

Does anyone know if you can completely clear a MULE camp, like for good? Or do they come back regardless?

@MightyDemon82 Cheers!

Octane

MightyDemon82

@KratosMD your pretty much in the end game, those last few chapters come and go pretty quicky, be sure to have plenty time for the big finale!

MightyDemon82

carlos82

@KratosMD I built up my zipline network around the mountains during chapter 8, then made a mockery of Diehardman as he proudly stated it would be my hardest mission to date, then I spent 2 minutes zipping across the map and drove down a hill 😂

So today I finally got a free day to play games and basically spent about 8 hours on this building roads, getting a few people to level 5 before heading west. I'm just at the start of chapter 9 and this game just gets better and better for me, I even loved the bit in the mountains, it just feels so much more rewarding when you have to work for it and Heartmans scenes are great

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Octane

Not a big fan of the gross goopy roads to be honest.

Octane

Shellcore

I've reached a point after reading plenty of interviews and emails that the story makes complete sense to me. Now when crazy stuff happens, I'm just like "Well, of course" rather than "What the heck is going on!?". Loving the details you can glean from the extra lore in the game.

PSN: Aleks-UK

MightyDemon82

@KratosMD i felt the same way you did with the game, now sitting at 105 hours i'm getting closer to the platinum. Maybe by next weekend i'll have it, but getting busy with xmas creeping closer.

MightyDemon82

carlos82

@KratosMD couldn't agree more, I've just finished it tonight and wow what a game, the story is fantastic and I loved the ending. Easily my game of the year and one of the very best I've ever played, I really enjoyed the gameplay all of the time too and will certainly be returning to finish connecting America

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, I have to agree. The more I play it, the more I like it. I don't think an open world game has grabbed me like this since The Witcher 3; and I can see myself putting way too many hours into it.

There's a weird grind in this game, which is completely optional, yet I feel compelled to deliver every single package. I don't know why, but I just like it. I don't mind the walking. Even if I don't progress the main story in hours, it's still satisfying.

Octane

MightyDemon82

@Octane you need to play online for the full experience. @KratosMD I'm 6 trophies away from the platinum Got the Birth of a Legend trophy tonight, about 20 deliveries away from the growth of a legend trophy and that will be the toughest ones out of the way!

MightyDemon82

Octane

@MightyDemon82 I've seen what online looks like, and no thanks. I really dislike seeing the map littered with bridges, signs, and whatnot. I'm fine with the way it is. It fits the atmosphere of the game better I think.

Octane

carlos82

@Octane its personal preference but the online stuff ties in brilliantly with the story and is a big part of the experience. Though I do wish you could turn the signs off or at least choose which ones you can see and any structures you don't want can be dismantled from your game very easily.

@KratosMD my initial reaction to the reviews was that I wasn't interested in this and that video of Kojima playing it didn't help. Then I read a few more and watched that video again but this time with subtitles and it all started to click. I kept hearing how at times it was boring and that you should rush through chapter 2 but as I was playing those parts I was still really enjoying it and I was then I knew this game was for me and I just couldn't put it down. Also I'm not going to spoil the set pieces on here but they are spectacular. It says something that a new Star Wars game came out a week later but somehow seemed dull in comparison to delivering some boxes, now that game is good but it's one I've played 20 times already with a different label on the box where as this is the first game that has felt new to me for a long time. Finally for a game with so many lengthy cutscenes, I never once wanted to skip any and if anything would have liked to have seen more of them, the direction, story and particularly the performances were on another level to what we usually get in video games with Mads Mikkelsen in particular being superb, though Tommie Earl Jenkins as Die Hardman was great too.

Enough of the love in, I'm off to deliver more pizza to someone who doesn't deserve it and connect the last few remaining preppers before a bit of sledging down the mountains 😂

Octane

@carlos82 Yeah, I'm just not a big fan of it. I like the difficulty, it's more of a struggle in a way, with no people helping you. And whenever I build something, it feels special too. Connecting an area to the network and seeing dozens of bridges pop up out of nowhere, it just doesn't seem logical. Especially since it makes the world seem very populous, even though you never encounter other people in game (except for a handful of in-game NPC porters, who also give you likes for the structures you build by the way).

Octane

carlos82

@Octane I might give it another go offline at some point to see what it's like offline, though speaking of the signs I've just found on option to turn them off. I've only been playing 60 hours 😂

Octane

@carlos82 That's good to know! Can you turn off the rest as well?

Octane

Octane

Ok lol. My backpack is completely packed. And so is my truck. I've got like 10 orders at once, and enough material to build a bridge piece required for said orders. Hope it all goes well...

Octane

Octane

This is stupid. Loaded up my truck, and last minute I got a package from a guy that totally didn't look like Troy Baker. My truck got stuck near the distribution centre. So I thought, no problem, I'm going to build a new truck there, move it near the old one and transfer all my stuff. But the package explodes if you move more than 50 metres from it. Nobody told me that...

Octane

andreoni79

@Octane Signals can be turned off in the main menu and unwanted structures can be dismantled directly through the map (pressing triangle IIRC).

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

@Octane woah woah woah. I will direct you to a comment one sec.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic