Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 495

0D0

Chapter 5, 60 hours.
I'm addicted to building roads and put zip lines together. Feels so good for some reason. Sometimes I don't care about the story at all.

0D0

Octane

Does anyone know an easy route between the Farm and South Knot City? I have like 6000 ceramics stored at the farm, but no easy way of getting it anywhere really.

@0D0 Aren't the ziplines expensive? I haven't build one myself, but they look like they require a bunch of resources.

Octane

carlos82

@Octane drive straight through the river just behind the mule camp, a bit further south than the broken bridge and then you can drive up the other side

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Octane

@KratosMD @carlos82 Cheers! Didn't know you could drive that part of the river. I'll put a generator on either side and I should be fine I think. It's enough ceramics for a few more road pieces.

And yeah, I was wondering about the zip lines, because bridges require an additional 800 metal. If they only require a PCC 2, I'm going to stock up on a bunch when I go back to the mountain region.

Octane

0D0

Octane wrote:

@KratosMD @carlos82 Cheers! Didn't know you could drive that part of the river. I'll put a generator on either side and I should be fine I think. It's enough ceramics for a few more road pieces.

And yeah, I was wondering about the zip lines, because bridges require an additional 800 metal. If they only require a PCC 2, I'm going to stock up on a bunch when I go back to the mountain region.

Yes, zip lines aren't expensive. Actually, it's too cheap I'd say. It takes a lot of work to build a resourceful network tho

0D0

carlos82

Platinum trophy done ๐Ÿ˜

Great game

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

themcnoisy

@Octane if it only it was that simple. You need to have the chiral network to print! Unless you get enough you are forever in the red. With a bunch of pcc 2 weighing you down.

@carlos82 Bravo bruv. I very much doubt I will get this plat. I just can't stand delivering in the mountains!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

carlos82

@KratosMD @themcnoisy Cheers guys. It took me just under 85 hours in total with about 15 of those after I finished the story. I'm not sure I'd have gone for it had I not done most of the hard work (without realising) during the story.

It was quite refreshing going back to the first area at the end and having to explore again in unspoilt countryside, all with no roads to bypass some troublesome BT placements, it reminded me of why I loved the game in the first place

Jaz007

That moment when you shower in DS and think about how you havenโ€™t done that in real life yet.

Jaz007

MightyDemon82

@carlos82 congratulations dude, I'm still looking for memory chips till I get mine!

MightyDemon82

Octane

@0D0 I wonder how long they last up in the mountains with all the time snow and storms though...

@themcnoisy What do you mean?

Octane

carlos82

@Octane mine are all still there even after getting the platinum trophy so you should be good for some time. I think @themcnoisy is talking about the chiral bandwidth limitations you have to build structures. Depending on how many preppers you have connected you have a bandwidth limit to build, playing offline is a big disadvantage here as you can't use other people's zip lines to complete your network.

carlos82

@MightyDemon82 not far away then, keep on keeping on ๐Ÿ˜‰

Octane

Seriously. I'm on chapter 6 I think. But does nobody care that Mama just died? Everyone is just moving on as if it's the most ordinary thing.

@carlos82 I see. You can only build within the network, right?

Octane

carlos82

@Octane yeah that's right.

The story seems set up to just focus on literally one character at a time with little interaction between them. I did like the conclusion to her story though and maybe that's why everyone just accepts it

0D0

@Octane my mountain zip lines have been there for about 10 hours. They're still working.

0D0

Octane

@carlos82 Yeah, it was just silence, and then Die-Hardman appeared and was like ''well, moving on, there are some preppers I'd like you to connect to the network..''. Very weird lol.

Also, is it me or does the facial animation of Mama look a bit more ''budget'' than the others? Very uncanny in some cases, a bit too stiff and awkward.

Octane

Octane

@0D0 That's good. Though I really hope they last a lot longer than that. Stuff from the first map has started to degrade, just ladders iirc. As long as the roads and bigger structures stay like this for a while longer I can live with it. Don't really want to build them all over again.

Octane

0D0

@Octane My roads and bridges have been up for about 45 hours.

0D0

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Their marketing has been really odd recently. Stuff like they left Concrete Genie out to die, which got very little marketing and then putting out the latest PS5 news on the same day the game got released so that it got drowned out. For a massive corporation they make some really wierd business decisions for some of their products. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic