Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,691

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Glad you were able to find 'em all cheap. CEX thrives on annual sports games. Hope there are more than just two great ones in the generation's run!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@trev666 You can still do that for the most part. There are some exceptions of course, but a lot of the more common games are ridiculously cheap. At one point I was even tempted to start using my PS3 as my main console to save myself money. If my PS5 ever stops working for some reason I’ll probably end up doing that.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

XandertheWise

few Playstation 3 games im busy for the rest of this year

replaying Mortal Kombat 9
replaying Injustice Gods Among Us
trying to finish up on Assassins Creed Brotherhood. the dang last part of the ending where you have to use a smoke bomb or whatever to get away from a gazillion soldiers chasing after you
getting back into Tales of Symphonia Chronicles mainly to play Symphonia 2 and breeze through Tales of Symphonia 1

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

Was sort of playing but messing around exploring for an hour in the beginning of Final fantasy XIII 3 Return of Lightning. Nice game but the whole 6-7 days time limit gimmick ruins it where you have to rush things i guess.

Plus the game throws some big sidequest in your face about some white robed cult members killing women then you have to wander around alot to find numbers painted on the walls in obscure areas in the city which is a pain.

XandertheWise

BeyondKnight

Started playing The Saboteur, very interesting open world game

BeyondKnight

colonelkilgore

Me and a few fellow trophy hunters just boosted the online mp trophies for Rage… the only four people in the world playing it 🤣. Haven’t actually started the game, so this will probably be the kick up the bum that I need to do so.

Also, I’m pretty sure that these were the last online trophies amongst what’s left of my PS3 backlog, which is nice.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore I really enjoyed Rage. It was one of those games that I regretted not playing sooner. Never did try the multiplayer, not that I would of found a game!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

So those PlayStation Stars Rewards finally came in useful, covered the cost of a couple of pieces of dlc for Rage that most people find are a requirement for the platinum trophy 😎. Also, first time I have used the store on PS3 for a while…🫠

**** DLC!

fns88

Anarchy Reigns, Unreal Tournament 3 and Borderlands

fenty

colonelkilgore

So I kinda fell into doing my bit on Red Faction Armageddon after drafting people from right left and centre to get the unbelievably ridiculous Red Faction Guerrilla: Remarstered multiplayer requirements done.

A bit of quid-pro-quo if you will… and well, if turned out to be a surprisingly enjoyable mp session. ‘Decent’ game by the looks (nothing more) but a nice little horde mode where I luckily stumbled upon a lovely group, which elevated the experience. A nice Sunday’s shootin’.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Had a bit of bad luck with my first playthrough of Red Faction: Armageddon today, the power tripped when I was 22 missions through the total 27 and my save corrupted. It looks like there is an auto cloud save when I was on mission 18 (which is better than nothing) but it says that I am unable to download the save from the cloud for 24 hours 🤔 PS3’s have some weird protocols.

So in the mean time I started Asura’s Wrath and as someone who prioritises gameplay over all else… this playable-anime show was pretty awesome. I say playable… I’m not using that word to describe the game as playable in that it has good gameplay but that there is some mediocre at best gameplay present while enjoying the bat****-crazy ride.

I love me some creation-myth archetypal narratives and characters and this draws heavily on all the classics but presents them in the way that only Japanese pop-culture can. Looks like the plat-chase could be a tricky one though as you have to S rank every episode… and I’m still not exactly sure how to actually score that well 🤷‍♂️. Oh well we’ll give it the old college try at least.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I haven’t thought about Asura’s Wrath for a long time. I had fleeting interest in trying it several years ago since I got it on PS+ but now it’s been buried deep, deep underneath hundreds of other games.

I doubt I will ever get that deep into my backlog to pull it out again, but one never knows!

But your comment on it does bring to mind one of my pet peeves in games — separate ranking mechanics in story-based games. I probably need to vent over on the appropriate thread. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Haha! Yeah, I saw this one first. But the concept had been on my mind anyways. 🍻

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution while I loved it, its appeal would be to a very niche audience I’d imagine… so if you do never end up getting to it, you probably won’t be missing out. If you’re a big anime/manga fan though, Asura’s Wrath could hit a sweet spot.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I used to be something of an anime fan, but I think I’m slowly losing interest. For some reason I don’t find the art style and animation as interesting. I think once I realized that all anime characters look like cut-and-paste copies with the only difference being their hair, they started to seem bland. 😅 It kind of drove me crazy how in FF16 they designed Jill’s face in an anime style whereas most of the other characters had a more realistic facial art design. It’s like she stuck out as an alien in that world and so I had a hard time connecting to her character.

Anime storytelling also is commonly difficult to follow, and I’m not sure if part of it is just a cultural rift or just poor localization.

Anyways, I didn’t means to dump on anime… but I’m glad there’s an audience for it. 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic