Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,681 to 1,698 of 1,698

colonelkilgore

Well that’s about 30 minutes into Fallout New Vegas and already my first hard reset… doesn’t bode well 😅

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore So Todd was telling porkies when saying "it just works"
I had a look at my trophies for Vegas and platted the base game (didn't have any dlc) back in 2015. I did 100% Fallout 3 (inc dlc).
Good luck and I recall that I initially didn't think much of Vegas, hence me playing it in 2015, but it did grew on me and I really enjoyed it by the end but I can imagine it is a bit hard going these days (unless on PC with mods).

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD 🤣 so it’s been fine since that first crash to be fair (touch wood). Yeah I remember it took a while to get into it back in the day but once I was in, I was really enjoying it. Strangely enough though I’m into it straight away this time… probably my interest being boosted by the tv show I’d image.

**** DLC!

trev666

i never had any problems with fallout new vegas and it played through fine including the DLC .fallout 3 on the other hand the DLC was borderline unplayable and to constant locking up and crashing

trev666

KilloWertz

@trev666 I've read the opposite online, where New Vegas was the bigger problem on PS3 than Fallout 3. I'm guessing it's just a matter of luck then, but their instability is one reason why I haven't bought either for the PS3 I found in my basement and hooked back up last year.

I do want to though as I played 3 back in the day but never came close to finishing it, and never tried New Vegas after never finishing 3. Especially with the TV show looking to be so good, I imagine the urge will win out whenever I finally start watching the show. I know I could just go with Fallout 4 with the PS5 version releasing in 4 days, but I kind of want to go back and replay 3 since I never finished it.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

trev666

all i can go by is my own experience I didnt play either game at launch which i played them when they were fully patched years later.

from my understanding new vegas was very buggy at launch because they made the whole game in 18 months. and fallout 3 dlc is borderline unplayable because they didnt optimise it for ps3 they just ported the dlc which was optimised for xbox 360 to ps3

trev666

colonelkilgore

Really enjoyable second session on New Vegas today and some good progress made. I was actually a bit concerned that it just wouldn’t hit for me anymore prior to starting it, as I went back to finish off the Fallout 4 plat a couple of years back and I just didn’t enjoy it… but I’ve been sucked right back in with this one. Can’t wait to boot it up again for another sesh.

**** DLC!

theSpectre

Just completed all of the SP trophies for Quantum of Solace, a severely underrated game with a great cover system. Unfortunately, the MP trophies are unobtainable. Now playing Dragon Age Origins.

theSpectre

Bentleyma

After playing the Monkey Island content in Sea of Thieves I had the urge to play the first game, so I played The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

Overall I'm a big fan of what they did with the Special Edition, but I've never liked Guybrush's design.

Untitled

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Th3solution

@Bentleyma Yeah, never understood why that sweet hairdo never caught on. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Don’t know if it’s just Fallout: New Vegas in general, or if my PS3 is on its last legs but I have never experienced a frame-judder like this. The frame-rate has been down to as low as 1 or 2 frames per minute at times, together with some crazy strobing effect that makes it impossible to work out what is actually happening.

Really hoping it’s just temporary as I’m really enjoying the game and really want to see this through this time.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m not sure about PS3, since it’s been so long since I engaged with the console, but I wonder if you might try rebuilding the database / doing a defrag. On PS4 I had a couple instances when the game started uncharacteristically chugging and a database rebuild fixed the issue.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ardath_Biru

Got a fair way into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Enjoying the combat, story and dialogue are forgettable.

Ardath_Biru

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Sorry I’m late to the reply, but yeah, just like @Bentleyma said there. Let us know if they fixes your issue. They say a database rebuild is good to do every so often, especially if you download and delete games a lot. Not sure about PS3 but PS4 and PS5 typically bake in a database rebuild with the major firmware updates. However, I should warn you (unless it’s too late), it does reset some of the onscreen items, so like on PS4 it sometimes messes up your folders where things drop out of the folder and just go back onto the general space. It does not delete any content though. You won’t lose any saves, applications, or any data at all, it just reorganizes the files for quicker access. I read something that said it’s like just reorganizing your bookshelf so that all the books are back in order, like alphabetical or by genre or whatever.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic