Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,688

Th3solution

@trev666 Thanks for the breakdown. I do think that when I play it I’ll do the original format. I appreciate your take and will be going in knowing what to expect.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

gotDvamp

I’m surprised how perfect GTA might be after 14 years of its release date. Like many people, I first played the game in 2008th and… to be honest, the adventures of Niko didn’t impress me.

But everything’s changed in 2022! Yes, the most part of the missions are repetitive, but the story... The older you are, the deeper you feel outside world and people’s motives to do or not to do something. I’ve fallen in love with the dark atmosphere and social drama of plenty of heroes.

Now I’m ready to go through the final mission and I know what it’s waiting for me — thanks to my last walkthrough on Xbox 360. Anyway, GTA 4 has opened to me with a new side.

gotDvamp

Anti-Matter

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction
Untitled

Anti-Matter

KilloWertz

Final Fantasy XIII

Never finished it back in the day because I got stuck on an area late in the game, and this was before YouTube was what YouTube is today, so I gave up on it unfortunately. It's always been a regret of mine as I've never thought of it as the black sheep of the series like it is considered to be (even by Square Enix themselves), so now that I have a PS3 again, I am finally changing that.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@KilloWertz I finished and enjoyed FFXIII, it’s different from its predecessors, but was probably a little ahead of it’s time, considering the more recent entries and RPGs in general.

But I was like you with the second game — played and enjoyed it up to somewhere in the middle and just fell off for some reason. I think it was because the PS4 came out and I just started ignoring my PS3. I’ve always regretted not finishing the second game and never getting to Lightning Returns. If the trilogy ever comes to PS+ Premium, I might consider playing it. However I still have yet to play FFXV and FFXVI is around the corner too, so I think those will take priority.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nomither6

@KilloWertz “ like it is considered to be (even by Square Enix themselves) “

when did square say this , you got a link ?

nomither6

KilloWertz

@Th3solution That makes sense if it was because the PS4 came out. Personally I would have finished a game if I was in the middle of playing it and enjoying it, but I still can't fault that given Sony's lack of backwards compatibility until the PS5. I have a feeling you would have been more likely to finish it if you could have taken it over to the PS4 like I did when I was replaying one of the Uncharted games and finished it on the PS5.

Final Fantasy XIII is definitely far from perfect, but despite it being insanely repetitive, I still enjoy playing it. It has several characters, including Lightning, that are pretty solid characters. I could do without Hope, but that's about it. Maybe I'll finally get passed the open world side quest part of it near the end.

@nomither6 They've never said it, but their treatment of the game (and technically the FFXIII series) speaks for itself. Final Fantasy XIII is the only Final Fantasy game after Final Fantasy VII that doesn't have a PS4 version, and there's pretty much no chance of it ever happening now that we are in another generation.

I know it wasn't considered great months after release once people finished it, and the sequels didn't help, but it's still crazy that I had to have a PS3 still to play this game. You can play a ton of them on PS4, with roughly half of them being from the PS1 and PS2 eras, but not one that was released on the PS3.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Bentleyma

The Darkness. This game holds up extremely well. Shame we’ll never see a PS5 remaster.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Bentleyma

Played a bit of Genji: Days of the Blade. The game is fun, but definitely a bit clunky. The graphics hold up pretty well for a PS3 launch game though.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

XandertheWise

i dug out couple of my Playstation 3 games from my main videogame storage tub and got out God of War Saga Collection which i was thinking about getting back into playing God of War 1 along with God of War II and III before i play God of War 4 for my Playstation 4

Edited on by XandertheWise

XandertheWise

colonelkilgore

@XandertheWise nice dude, I’ve recently finished playing through all the old Greek saga… they hold up pretty well fair play.

**** DLC!

XandertheWise

God of War 1 while it is old, it has a good story but has too much of puzzles to do such as the cranks to move walls around to get doors or hallway paths to open up.

the giant armored bull boss was sort of a pain to do last night but go through it. Didnt like how i had to move the analog stick buttons clockwise or counter clockwise to wrap the chain blades around its neck area or whatever

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

Recently, I booted up Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and thought I'd see about trying to earn its platinum trophy, as it sounded pretty straightforward on paper. I wanted to replay the game anyway, as it was a definite highlight from my trawl through Spidey's back-catalogue, so started a fresh save and blasted through, having a lovely time. On reflection, however, I think a platinum run would make me hate it, so I've walked away, happy to have just re-experienced one heck of a great comic book superhero game.

In its place, I've carried right on with its semi-sequel, Spider-Man: Edge of Time, a game which boasts one of the greatest first fifteen minutes I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Am looking forward to the rest of the story, too, because it's particularly well-written and well-presented.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Sable

Having hooked the PS3 the other day I was not only surprised by just how many games i still had, but by a sealed copy of the MGS Collection I found. Will be diving into Snake Eater later this evening.

Sable

RogerRoger

@Sable Wow, that's a real great find! I keep meaning to make the time for a Metal Gear series replay. Snake Eater isn't my favourite of the bunch, but I still think it's utterly fantastic (which gives you an idea of how highly I think of my favourites). Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Sable

@RogerRoger

I actually forgotten I'd even bought it!

Will finish watching my movie and dive in.

Sable

Sable

Also got a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and Deadly Premonition that I forgotten I'd bought as well! 😂

Must be losing my marbles in my old age!

Sable

RogerRoger

@Sable Hey, at least you're getting the pleasant surprise of re-discovering all these great purchases!

Making It So Since 1987

Sable

@RogerRoger

True. Most I remember buying of course, but there has been a few nice surprises.

Pleased my collector's editions of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition and Dark Souls 2 are in good condition. Will definitely fire up Demon's Souls again.

Sable

trev666

new games on the ps3 play list are

Alpha protocol
la noire
chronicles of riddick

I think i spent £2 on the lot

Edited on by trev666

trev666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic