Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,701

trev666

Im playing Singularity at the moment great first person shooter

trev666

Bentleyma

Playing Sonic the Hedgehog while I wait for Yakuza: Dead Souls to download. I absolutely love the Yakuza games, but I’ve never played Dead Souls. I’m really looking forward to it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

gollumb82

Hi guys! I got a PS3 after a loooong break and I've already got a pretty long list of games I want to buy. For starters, I'm playing NBA 2K12 and Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection. Having a blast! 2K games used to be so much better than now and so was Mortal Kombat. The only thing I could complain about is the soundtrack for MK2 was much better on Amiga, but I can live with that.

gollumb82

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution (2010)

Worst DDR ever, but I have to unlock the hidden 20 Konami original songs as those songs are way much better than the licensed songs (I really don't like songs by Sean Paul, Kelly Clarkson, Gorillaz, Lady Antebellum, etc. Horrible musics)

Anti-Matter

Panhead56

I’m still playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Very often Full multiplayers. I still find this to be an incredible multiplayer shooter game.

Panhead56

gollumb82

@Panhead56
I've got Bad Company 2 and was thinking about giving it a go online. I guess it's mosty BC2 vets who'll crush me right after I spawn, right?

gollumb82

Panhead56

@gollumb82
When I first started playing this game, I got my butt handed to me. But after spending more and more time I started to get much better. I find the conquest mode to be the best.

Panhead56

gollumb82

@Panhead56
I guess it's to be expected(getting your butt handed to you initially, I mean). Might as well try. Thanks for the input!

gollumb82

Bentleyma

I started Yakuza: Dead Souls with the intention of it being the next game I play through, but the shooting mechanics are terrible and the load times are pretty long compared to the PS4 Remasters. I love the Yakuza games, but this is one game in the series I won’t be finishing, which is a shame because the idea of a Yakuza game set during a zombie apocalypse really appeals to me.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LtSarge

Started playing Beyond: Two Souls and so far, this game is absolutely incredible. The pacing is much better than Heavy Rain and there's a lot more action. It actually feels very immersive with the controls and the spirit gimmick. I knew some things about the plot beforehand but I didn't expect it to be this interesting. Great actors help elevate the experience tremendously as well. My only gripe right now is that the story feels a bit disjointed and hard to follow along since it jumps back and forth chronologically a lot.

Overall, Beyond: Two Souls is such a major improvement over Heavy Rain. It feels like an actual game with high production value instead of a tech demo with poor quality control. I'm very impressed so far, I did not expect to like it this much. Looking forward to playing more of it!

LtSarge

trev666

with beyond two souls think of it as putting together the puzzle of the timeline. tip at the start of every chapter it shows you the place in the timeline and as Jodie states at the beginning in the prologue she needs to remember and put things in order up to the current moment

I thought Ellen page was great in this

trev666

Th3solution

@LtSarge It’s interesting how you so often seem to be playing games that I have in my backlog to play! 😅

I’ve been meaning to play Beyond Two Souls as I have access to it through when it was on Ps+ (back when PS+ gave out games that I wanted to play, ahem…) but have never got around to it. Of course it’s the PS4 version that I have in my library, so it has the option to play it in chronological order or in the original format, if I understand correctly. In fact, one of the reasons I’ve never committed to booting it up is because I can’t decide how I want to play it. Obviously many gamers complained about the jumbled up plot so when they released the PS4 version they obviously tried to address that by giving you the option to play it in order so it makes more immediate sense, I guess. Yet, some people online say it’s better to experience it in the original way the writers wanted it presented. The dilemma of which option to choose has literally stopped me from booting it up when I’ve thought about playing it before. That, and the fact that several people feel it inferior to QD’s other games. I liked Heavy Rain and I really loved Detroit Become Human. I even enjoyed the old Indigo Prophesy game (or Fahrenheit, depending where you live) years ago. That you think it’s even better than Heavy Rain is good to hear, because that hasn’t been a common opinion.

Did you play Detroit Become Human?

Also tagging @trev666 also to see if they have an opinion of which way to play the game.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution I had no idea that the PS4 version gives you two different options of experiencing the story, that's very interesting. Honestly, while I haven't experienced the second option, I guess the original format is better because of the pacing. One chapter is more relaxing, while the next is more focused on the action, then the one after is more relaxing and so on. So it's not like Heavy Rain where it starts incredibly slow and saves all the action towards the end. This time, the action is spread more evenly. I guess that's why Beyond: Two Souls has managed to capture my interest so well.

I didn't like Heavy Rain that much because, as I mentioned earlier, it starts off incredibly slow. The first hour or two felt like a tech demo where they wanted to show off the PS3's features. Then we have the awful voice acting and a lot of the characters were honestly very generic and forgettable. The chapters in general felt slow as well. This is not the case with Beyond: Two Souls at all and I'm actually surprised that people don't find that game to be better than Heavy Rain. Granted, I have only played a few hours of Beyond but those hours were better than the entirety of Heavy Rain.

And yeah, I've also played Detroit but I wouldn't say that Beyond is better than that game, yet at least. Detroit just set a different standard with its futuristic setting. Living in a world with androids was so interesting to me and it felt very realistic. It's going to be hard for Beyond to top that game.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Sounds good. Keep me updated how it turns out. It looks like I need to reconsider putting it on the list.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

trev666

my advice would be to play beyond two souls in original order not chronological it still isnt entirely chronological with a few chapters still being out of order. the point of the game is her piecing together her memories and chronological kind of defeats the point of figuring out the timeline. Chronological also has its problems in that the episodes when shes a child are played first and can be boring as the action doesnt happen till shes older also the gaps between chapters are jarring in in chorological but make sense on original and jumbled

also play it on easy not experienced as there arnt any button prompts on experienced which makes a quick time event game very difficult as you dont know what buttons to press (not sure what they were thinking)

Edited on by trev666

trev666

trev666

I think the reasons reviewers gave Beyond two souls lower scores is they didnt pay attention to putting together the timeline they cant think non linearly about a story. Also the story has less choice than other quantic games as chapters can be done in different ways but the same overall story happens what ever its just the endings that chainge and unlike unlike heavy rain and detroit you play as just one person and play her story

Great story and great character in jodie yes its not as multiple choice as other quantic dream games but i dont think that should be held against it the way the reviewers did and it has a story well worth visiting

Edited on by trev666

trev666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic