Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,686

Bentleyma

@JapaneseSonic I’ve just started Ratchet & Clank: Nexus too. It looks pretty impressive for a PS3 game. I’ve only ever played the 2016 remake, so I’m hoping I enjoy this as much as I did that game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Bentleyma

@JapaneseSonic I’m currently playing PS3 games on PS Now until my PS3 arrives in a few days. Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time and All 4 One are all available on there. Tools of Destruction isn’t for some reason. I’ll definitely be playing more of the series.

Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus finished! I really enjoyed it. Pretty much looked and played like the 2016 remake. Next up, Spec Ops: The Line.

Bentleyma

Th3solution

@Bentley-Ma- Spec Ops The Line is a game I wish I had played before I left the PS3 ecosystem. I mean, I guess I can always go back and play it, but I just doubt I will at this point. At least not until my ginormous PS4 backlog is under decent control. I’m interested in what you think of Spec Op though. Supposedly it’s a game that is very unique and pushes things narratively.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

@Th3solution I’ve actually finished it on the 360 years ago. I don’t remember a lot about the story, other than there’s a twist ending. I’ll let you know what I think of the game once I’ve refreshed my memory. So far the gameplay holds up and the graphics are still pretty good.

Bentleyma

Bentleyma

@Th3solution I finished Spec Ops: The Line. It’s hard to say much about the story without spoiling it. The gameplay can be a bit clunky, but I definitely recommend that you try it for yourself. It’s on PlayStation Now at the moment.

I’ve now moved onto God of War III.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Thrillho

@Bentley-Ma- Did you go back and try different endings at all? I seem to remember the game making it quite easy to do that..

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I think there are only two endings, but there are several different choices you have to make throughout the game. I went back and did them all for the trophies, but I’m pretty sure they don’t affect the story at all.

Bentleyma

Th3solution

@Bentley-Ma- Thanks for the update! Glad you enjoyed it. I don’t have PS Now, but maybe I should get that eventually.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

I’m currently pretty far into Rage. I’m really enjoying it. I’m glad I decided to go back and play PS3 games. I’m discovering a lot of games I missed. Most hold up surprisingly well. Rage’s graphics still look impressive.

Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Going to finish Rage tonight and crack on with one of these...

Untitled

I like how cheap the games are. £2 for Skyrim is crazy, considering how big it is. That's cheaper than a Tesco meal deal!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Thrillho

@Bentley-Ma- A pretty impressive haul for under £20!

The only one I've not played from that lot is Arkham Origins but the rest will keep you going for quite a while

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I know you can get them all on PS4, except for Arkham Origins, but I decided to start gaming on the PS3 to try and save money. Sure, they all play/look better on PS4, but you basically get the same experience for a fraction of the price on PS3.

Bentleyma

TraCuz-

Any Gravity Rush fans here? Gonna give that a first try sometime soon.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

@Bentley-Ma- Bargains all around, nicely done! Speaks to the enduring popularity of Grand Theft Auto that it remains twice (or even thrice) the price of its contemporaries, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Bentley-Ma- The first person mode on PS4 is quite something though! I replayed the whole single player mode like that and it was such a different experience.

I had to convert back to normal views for driving though as I found the field of view too limited otherwise.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho The first person mode felt like more of a novelty to me. It was fun for a while, but I prefer third person.

Bentleyma

NoCode23

Currently playing Fallout New Vegas on PS3. My last save file was from 2016. The graphics on my 1080p tv are still good for me. Performance? Having low expectations helps. Here is a game+dlc that i wish was brought to PS4 in a good performing 1080p special edition like Skyrim has been.

@ Bentley-Ma, Yes GTA 5 does hold up well on PS3. Before i posted this i played my 2013 disc version on my slim from 2009 and it still looks good, for 720p, and plays well. In some ways it is better on the PS3. The 3 characters will have 38 special vehicles in their garages along with the 4 slots for saved vehicles. Those vehicles are dlc vehicles from online up until 2015-16. Also the weather seems better with less rain and there is not the haze in Los Santos 95% of the time like the PS4 version. R* upped the bad weather even more in RDR2. Will their next GTA game to be called GTA Weather Sim?

@ Thrillho, First person in GTA 5 and RDR2 feels clumsy to me and i have tried different settings. With Fallout and Skyrim my choice is first person except for times i want to see my character, and when switched to 3rd person my movement feels ok, not clumsy. Borderlands, FarCry, Dyinglight, and Dead Island are also games i enjoy playing in a natural not clumsy feeling first person view.

NoCode23

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic