Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,101 to 1,114 of 1,114

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Thanks! It did also feel a bit Jack Bauer at certain points, that kinda "do whatever it takes, even being cruel and nasty, and then I'll put myself in harm's way to justify it" approach. Given how everybody in Dragon Age II spoke about what happened, I was actually pretty happy with how it turned out, and was glad to know I hadn't ruined everything by playing the first half of Origins as such an appalling man.

@Strathnaver1 No worries; hope it helps! You sound like the mirror of my best friend; she's playing it alongside me, too, and has chosen to romance Merrill this time, instead of her usual choice, Isabela. She's totally fallen for her! I really liked her character as well, so can understand why.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Draco_V_Ecliptic

Currently playing: Catherine and Demon's Souls (Yeah, I like it hard.)

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly, even when crushing a louse.."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

m1rk091

Currently playing BioShock infinite.. that game deserves a Platinum. In the spare time i re-started to play Burnout Paradise, because i have to unlock online trophies and since i Just read they're going to close the online the First of august

“A man chooses...a slave obeys...” - Andrew Ryan

PSN: Puggio91

RogerRoger

@m1rk091 Best of luck getting all those trophies before the deadline!

Making It So Since 1987

m1rk091

@RogerRoger thanks but i Just saw i still have to do One of the most ridiculous trophies i've ever seen in a game... I have to send a photo of my face to unlock this trophy, but i wont buy a camera Just For It, so i'll pass lol

RogerRoger

@m1rk091 Wow, yeah... no. That's insane!

Making It So Since 1987

m1rk091

@RogerRoger yea not goin to happen.. Guess i'll have to begin the download of the Gran Turismo 6 update.... at least that game has offline trophies

Edited on by m1rk091

darkswabber

Just finished yakuza 3.
Started with lollipop chainsaw which is really fun and absurd so far.
I’ll recieve jojo’s bizarre adventure all star battle and katamari forever in the mail this week which I’m happy to try.

darkswabber

PSN: darkswabber | Twitter:

KratosMD

So a while ago I bought a spray can of compressed air to use on my 360 controller since the right control stick was acting up when I was playing FPS games. Then I remembered that I could use it to clean out my PS3 as well, which I didn't think about back when I was having overheating issues.

Anyway, I decided to boot it up and also play some Jak II: Renegade just to see the console's performance and it seems to be better I think. But speaking of the game itself, I'm having a hard time fully liking it. I like the concept of a platformer/shooter type of game but the game itself is so difficult compared to the first one. Not to mention its driving mechanics are so loose, it's easy to crash and blow up your vehicle, which is especially annoying in races.

I might play more of it since I want to get back into PS3 gaming and clearing out more of my backlog. Having played the Jak & Daxter games, as well as the Sly Cooper games, would be some nice personal achievements since I've had them for so long but never gotten around to playing through the second and third games.

KratosMD

TimG13

Batman: Arkham Origins

Having replayed Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (the original PS3 versions rather than the Return To Arkham remasters), and intending to replay Arkham Knight soon, I thought I'd give WB Montreal's prequel another go, and I'm so glad I did. Okay, so it closely follows Rocksteady's template, it's a little less refined, and there are a few bugs and small design issues that have been overlooked (I was able to hack a keypad and grab at least one Riddler data pack before I should have), but I still think this is a worthy, and maybe underrated, addition to the Arkham canon.

Rocksteady's games are no doubt the superior of the bunch, but I do think WB Montreal do some things better. For one, I think Origins tells a better story than any of Rocksteady's efforts, which to me always fell flat with their "big" reveals. Eight assassins all gunning for Batman on Christmas Eve is an ace setup, and we get to see a younger, angrier Bruce Wayne making his mark on Gotham and forging relationships with both friends and foes. The wintry and festive backdrop also make exploring the map more appealing, even if half of it is reused from Arkham City, and the bosses are a cut above - for the most part - too.

I was going to jump straight into Arkham Knight next, but I might check out Arkham Origins - Blackgate before that, giving me a fine excuse to dig out my PS Vita (unless I opt for the console Deluxe Version, of course). Can anyone recommend if it's worth a look?

TimG13

RogerRoger

@TimG13 I'm always glad to see people give Arkham Origins a try, because they're usually pleasantly surprised by what they find. It's my favourite Arkham game, hands down, for many of the reasons you describe above. The story, characters and atmosphere are near-perfect, and the gameplay is a refinement of what came before, in spite of the occasional bug or glitch. The boss battles are also superb, with Firefly's being near the top (if not, at the top) of my all-time favourites list. Glad you had such a good time!

Arkham Origins: Blackgate is an interesting one. As a 2.5D Metroidvania, it feels quite fresh whilst also retaining that crucial Arkham flavour. It also continues a few plot elements teased in the main game, which might be part of any continuing backstory in the WB Montréal bat-games. There's a lot of backtracking (it being a Metroidvania) and some of its level designs can get a bit confusing, but I've enjoyed it enough to platinum it twice; first on PS Vita and then again with the PS3's Deluxe Edition. I think it's a better fit for handheld, but either version is enjoyable enough. It's the time they tried to do something a little different. Your actual mileage may vary but sure, I'd recommend it.

Making It So Since 1987

TimG13

@RogerRoger Origins may very well be my new favourite Arkham game now, too, even if I know it's not necessarily the best. I remember enjoying it when it originally came out, but in revisiting it all these years later my opinion seems to have grown more positive. Here's hoping WB Montreal's long rumoured new Batman is even better.

And I'll definitely be checking out Blackgate on Vita at some point soon. Thanks.

TimG13

Skoda

im trying to build some of my lost ps3 collection. i really dont like ps4 much, disappointingly so. and im probably going back to ps3 and ps2.
so, if anyone wants to sell their ps3 games on good price, let me know in PM or whatever.

Skoda

carlos82

I've been playing Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction for the first time (despite seemingly owning it for many years), first thing I noticed was that its 60fps and still looks great, so why on Earth is the PS4 game 30fps? This plays so much better because of the framerate and I really hope we get a few more of these on PS5

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic