Watch Dogs Boosts PS4 Sales by 94 Per Cent in the UK

Biggest new intellectual property ever

Watch Dogs has amplified the PlayStation 4’s already strong sales signal, prompting a 94 per cent increase in hardware sales in the UK. Chart-Track reports that the title’s British bundle, in addition to exclusive content, helped the ambitious open world to perform best on Sony’s next-gen platform. Unfortunately, without specific numbers, these statistics are a teensy bit meaningless.

Nevertheless, we do know that Aiden Pearce’s inaugural escapade smashed L.A. Noire’s new intellectual property launch record by 58 per cent, making it the fastest selling first entry in a fresh franchise of all time. In fact, the game has actually attained the 17th largest first week ever on these shores, and scored a new personal best for publisher Ubisoft, beating Assassin’s Creed III’s debut by 17 per cent.

All of this means that we’ll almost certainly be hearing more from the hacking franchise in the very near future. Can the French firm’s enormous development teams prepare a sequel in time for 2015? We’re going to say that it’s unlikely, but never count out this company and its seeming ability to build colossal adventures in dizzyingly compressed time frames.

[via chart-track.co.uk]

MoleZandor

MoleZandor said:

I've found myself playing mario kart 8 more than watch dogs. I think I spend too much of my gaming time with friends. Cant find time to play wolfenstein either. It didn't help getting zelda windwaker for free with Mario kart So many great games to play recently.

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

Congrats to ubisoft and may we wish all developers just as much success on ps4.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Is that a cat a dog or a fox? Anyway, enjoying the game plenty, it may keep me busy for a month or two, we'll have to see.

N711

N711 said:

I think many waited for this bundle even if a few may think WD is the 'next gen' game it was never meant to be, probably huge boost. Great game much respect for Ubi

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

I really do like this game. I can't wait to see farcry 4, I believe that will be another awesome game. I really liked FC3 and I'm having a blast with watchdogs right now. awesome game.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@MoleZandor

Point is, they can sell, and if you're going to make a new IP and not advertise it, that's pretty damn stupid business.

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

I am not surprised! I was in London for a couple weeks and quite of few of the buses and other advertising areas had a Watch Dogs advert, and all, without exception, advertising the PS4 version.

Not-Another-Ad

Not-Another-Ad said:

Great great game, I'm really enjoying, what with this and the brilliant Mario Kart 8 on the same week, I've had so much to do.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Briliant game this one. i even like this more than my fave ps4bgame previously, Infamous

banacheck

banacheck said:

It looks like Ubisoft was right when thay said it'll be the biggest selling New IP.