Rumour: PS4 Sequel Batman: Arkham Knight to Swoop into Stores in January?

Better not be another riddle

Batman: Arkham Knight’s recent delay proved more heartbreaking than Mr. Freeze’s backstory, but the Dark Knight’s voice actor Kevin Conroy has hinted that you may not be waiting too long for the PlayStation 4 game. As part of an interview with GrooveyTV, the star seemingly revealed that the title’s due out in January – though that seems a little too soon after Christmas for such a blockbuster title.

“I have a massive game that you might have heard of called Batman: Arkham Knight, a little indie game,” the legendary larynx lender joked as part of the video interview. “It was supposed to come out in January; we’ve been working on it for a year and a half and it’s still not done. So it’s going to come out next January.”

While we’re not entirely convinced that Conroy would be privy to accurate information regarding the hotly anticipated escapade’s release window, it’s not the first time that he’s let a secret slip. Indeed, shortly after the announcement of Batman: Arkham Origins last year, he hinted that he was working on a different game in the same universe, which turned out to be Rocksteady’s release. We want to believe in January, but we’ll have to wait and see.

[via youtube.com, vg247.com]

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

Initial release date was January 2014 according to him, but the game was announced in March 2014, but publicly announced for a fall release window, then delayed to (January) 2015. That doesn't even make any sense. Unless that wording meant something else.

3Above

3Above said:

Well considering the order 1886 was delayed from fall 2014 to February 20 2015 I suppose Arkham Knight might have a similar delay period. But I doubt it.

dynasty889

dynasty889 said:

My guess is that Arkham Knight will come after January next year. The amount of content they're putting into the game is massive, it's going to take a while. My guess is around mid-time next year. But anything could happen.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Unless it's late January like Tomb Raider was (Jan 28th if I recall correctly). Most games of this caliber come out in February or March. With Witcher 3 coming February, my guess is it will be sometime around then.

RawWilson1

RawWilson1 said:

January's still far away. Is 4 months of development time all this game needs tho

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I'd love for this to be true, but so I'm not disappointed I'm going to keep expecting a late-August release like Asylum was.