PS4 Firmware Update 1.71 Will Help Improve the System's Stability

Posted by Kell Andersen

Thrilling stuff

Yes, it's time again for yet another hopelessly vague PlayStation 4 firmware update, as Sony has recently announced that patch v1.71 will be going live very soon. This follows soon after the much anticipated update v1.70, which added a plethora of new features, including HDMI support and the video editing software SHAREfactory.

Needless to say, there really isn't anything quite so exciting in this update. Rather, the patch will "improve software stability of some features", as well as presumably help to iron out some of the bugs that were being reported with the newly implemented systems. In truth, the Japanese giant's super system has made firmware frustration a thing of the past, thanks to the nifty automatic download feature. Reminisce about your favourite firmware patches in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

SteveButler2210

SteveButler2210 said:

I'm assuming this will include a fix for the saved game upload error that has been a problem since the 1.7 update. I hope so anyway. It's not exactly a game changer, but nobody likes to see error notifications every time they turn on their PS4!

N711

N711 said:

It took a while, a few things to fix including the DS4 rumble

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

So it's taken nearly 5 weeks to fix these stupid bugs then SONY? :-/ I know life is not always perfect :D but when we get firmware updates to improve are consoles(like the last update) i don't expect the updates to give me silly new bugs?! :-/ Oh well.

InsaneMikeB

InsaneMikeB said:

@SteveButler2210 - That has been driving me mad!! I thought it was something I had been doing wrong. The amount of time I have spent trying to stop that damn notification showing every time I turn on the PS4!!

SteveButler2210

SteveButler2210 said:

@InsaneMikeB I think the problem is that online advice got confusing - this used to happen occasionally but could be fixed, whereas now if it happens to you it will happen every time regardless. Because you used to be able to fix it prior to 1.7, a lot of the advice online can be misleading. It took me a while as well to realise it was the patch not me that was causing the problem!

Reverandjames

Reverandjames said:

@SteveButler2210 Yeah, I thought it was me doing something wrong too, spent about an hour in the settings menu trying to figure it out before realising that it was a universal thing!

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@SteveButler2210 Yeah, I was worried my Sony account go t hacked or something because it mentioned another PS4. Then I looked it up and found it was just a common glitch.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

c'mon sony, ps4 firmware needs a lot of job to do, I have updated my wii U and 5.0 is badass!

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

@jayclayx Unfortunately the problems with the WiiU are not fixable through firmware updates. It has also had a year longer to get where its at with updates than the PS4 has had.

The problem with PS4 updates is that there are so many features, its trying to be so many things to so many people, and everyone has their opinion on what is important. Personally I say drop the silly video/game recording functionality, don't bother with DLNA, or MP3 support, or themes, or 3d BluRay, and give me support for the PS3 remote (or make a PS4 one) a better way to organize my games (and remove preinstalled apps that I will never use) and either drop support for voice control, or integrate it better, not this half hearted attempt.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

Has anyone experienced problems with the trophy notifications not showing up after this update? The trophy appears in your trophies achievements but no notification showed up....