E3 2014: Grand Theft Auto V Hijacks a Slot in PS4's Lineup

Welcome back to Los Santos

After an outrageously dull monologue from new SCEA chief Shawn Layden, the platform holder pulled its E3 press conference back on track this evening by confirming that Grand Theft Auto V will be launching on the PlayStation 4 later this year. The firm announced the news by revealing a new trailer, showing the release in all of its lovely next-gen glory.

While the title has been rumoured for a while, the Japanese giant added that it will allow PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners to import their saves, meaning that those eager to jump sides will not lose a moment’s progress. You can check out the release’s trailer in the space below. Will you double dip on this classic? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

The only negative about this announcement is it kind of looked like it was fallout in the beginning.

But the transfer saves from ps3 AND Xbox 360 is pretty huge.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

guess I have to own up for my word! I said if this released on next gen consoles I get it soooo..... I guess I'm well getting it lol

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

@Gamer83 totally agree with you. to be able to play this with all the gfx turned on for ps4 will be an unbelievable experience.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

It was pretty smooth of them to allow the 360 save transfer. I was a little surprised by it.

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

Only if they announced gta for vita I would have died but I'm still alive so no gta vita :(

Midzark

Midzark said:

This is gonna be amazing!!! But can I get something right then?! As an xbox 360 player can I bring my save over to PS4?! Or am I reading this wrong lol (sorry for being a Div!!)

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

Looks like I am heading back to Los Santos! Forget the porting of saves, I want to play this from the start again!

scarecrowknife

scarecrowknife said:

Kinda pointless. Alreadt bought and completed on the 360. Unless its got some spectacular bells and whistles and its dirt cheap. Most people have already bought this game once.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@scarecrowknife

It'll do great numbers again though. Same with TLoU and the Master Chief Collection. They're all re-releases and I'm not a huge fan of that, but all will sell.

scarecrowknife

scarecrowknife said:

@Gamer83. Ahh but tlou was a ps exclusive. So New converts will be buying that. The halo collection is a ccollection of different games on one disc . Gta was released less tHan a year ago. If there nothing greatly new to it the average gamer isnt going to shell out much money for the exact same game they still own on previous gen. Especially considering theres lots of new games starting to get released now

scarecrowknife

scarecrowknife said:

Mathieran

Mathieran said:

I'm loving all of these rereleases. As someone who only had the Wii last generation I'm hoping for more of em!

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

Just when you thought the conference was going downhill, Sony activates their trap card. A good chunk of PS4 owners were 360-only players so the file transfer is a good move.

I already completed it on the 360 so I doubt I'll double dip.

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

I'll grab this is they have an "upgrade" program for PS3/360 owners otherwise I doubt I'll pay full price for it again no matter how good it looks...