Weirdness: We're a Bit Jealous of This Xbox One Indie Game

The only way is 7-Up

Sony may have taken a huge lead in the indie arena, but Microsoft is fighting back with its atrociously named ID@Xbox initiative. As such, it seems that the PlayStation 4 will actually be missing out on one upcoming indie gem: Soda Drinker Pro. The swigging simulation was announced for the Xbox One late last week, but there’s no word on the title hitting the Japanese giant’s super machine.

The release will take advantage of the Redmond-based firm’s Kinect camera, providing you with an authentic sticky liquid swilling experience. Apparently, the console edition will also feature exclusive levels, including a ‘Drinking through the Ages’ mode, which will allow you to quaff pop in old-school environments, such as the roaring ‘20s. There’s more good news for Xbox One owners: the title will run at 60 frames-per-second in 1080p.

Our raging envy’s comparable to the colour of a regular Mountain Dew can. You can check out some footage of the addictive drink-‘em-up courtesy of the video embedded below.

[via joystiq.com]

MoleZandor

MoleZandor said:

And I heard some Xbox fans saying at least we're not open to loads of crappy indie ports like ps4.
This has to be the crappiest of all ports on anything I have ever seen.

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

His voice surprisingly made that video!

On another point I don't see the greatness on the game, though I am interested to see if there's actually more to it than that.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

@Punkinhead145

I don't think its supposed to be targeting greatness. Looks like one of those intrugikg game jam games that are made to keep you occupied for am hour or two.

EyeDeeNO76

EyeDeeNO76 said:

With this indie releasing to Xbox One first it is a shame the PlayStation nation will have to wait for this sticky sweet goodness and who knew you could be a walking soda drinking professional.

Untitled

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

I thought this was a real jealousy article. A game about drinking soda?
My dignity will not allow me to press play on that trailer.