Choose a Sony Faction with This Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Comparison Video

Posted by Nicola Hayden

May the best man win

With Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends out now in North America and almost here in Europe, we have to ask: which faction will you be siding with? We aren't talking about legendary armies, of course, but the three flagship Sony formats. For the first time in the franchise's history, the game will be available to play on all of the current PlayStation platforms. And if our reviews for the PS4 and Vita versions have left you conflicted, then Tecmo Koei has produced a handy comparison video.

Unsurprisingly, it's the next-gen release that really shines. Now you can admire the fine embroidery on character outfits during cutscenes, and the blades of grass as thousands of bodies litter the ground. The crowning glory, however, are the improvements to the lighting engine during special moves, making our generals look even more overpowered than they already are. Will you be signing up to join the ranks of historical battle? Enlist in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

Related Games

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I hadn't actually noticed how shiny armour is on the PS4 version compared to the PS3.

At times it doesn't look like much of an improvement, but if you've played the PS3 version then it won't take long to appreciate the increased draw distance and better lighting.

THEundying27

THEundying27 said:

I've played dynasty warriors once a very long time ago at target and it was fun. I really want to get this, I find myself wanting to try different genres of games because I'm fed up with shooters and online multiplayer.

Is this game local Co op?

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

@ShogunRok yeah, shininess seems to be the main graphical improvement. I can't really see a huge improvement in the clip. I can kind of understand why the clip was made but I don't think its why anyone will buy it.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

@get2sammyb im not sure if you're joking? I dont even consider the graphical overhaul to be a substantial difference. Def not a different game. The more enemies on screen are great but this just proves to me theres no real need for a ps4 just yet. (Besides exclusives of course)

banacheck

banacheck said:

@eLarkos
It's a PS3 game on the PS4 but you can definitely see the difference, a lot more detail, lighting, draw distance, more enemies on screen at once etc. You can actually see the detail in the armour, the shadows on the characters. Nothing on the PS3 come's close to the open world infamous, and this gen hasn't even started yet.

@eLarkos Not joking - I think it looks vastly improved. Obviously, it is still the same game at its core - but it's a massive step forward. Understand why you wouldn't want to buy new hardware for it, though.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

@SimonAdebisi ??

@get2sammyb if this is a massive step forward then what do you consider the Infamous step? Gargantuan?? Haha

I just watched the video again and the differences are so indistinguishable at some points that I found myself checking to make sure I was looking at the ps4 side and vice versa. Im thinking if I played the game I would see much larger differences

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@THEundying27 Yeah like @banacheck says it's 60fps. It sometimes dips just under during colossal battles, but nothing too bad. Playing split screen also pulls back the draw distance a little.

N711

N711 said:

@eLarkos If I may. IMO on the first part the game play difference looks so massive you dont need side by side to see it straightaway..Looks so much better on PS4.
Im intrigued by blurry details either on one or the other version though.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

@N711 Yea clearly my expectations of this gen are too high (whether it be a ps3 port or not). Which is strange because im far from new to this gaming industry. Anyway thats my problem and its great people are pleased with the upgrade