Action RPG Bound by Flame will Light Up Your PS4 in May

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Getting hot in here

Upcoming gothic action RPG Bound by Flame will be leaving its mark on both PS3 and PS4 on May 9th, the game's official website has revealed. Just in time for what will hopefully be a scorching hot summer, then?

Developed by Spiders Studio, the cross-gen title will feature a host of traditional RPG mechanics as well as action packed combat, moral choices, and romance. The release's deep crafting system was also detailed last week over on the PlayStation Blog, which sees you gathering materials from fallen enemies and the environment, and then combining them to create new equipment, items, or even traps. You'll also be able to specialise in the practice, and by doing so will unsurprisingly lead to better quality products. Are you busy tempering your blade in preparation for the game's launch? Tell us all about your possessive demons in the comments section below.

[via vg247.com, boundbyflame.com]

Related Games

gr8apeb8

gr8apeb8 said:

The best part of the game desert we are currently in is that there will be more money to spend in the upcoming months. This games looks exciting!

I really think the release schedule's starting to look good now. It'll die off again in the summer, of course, but I feel like there's stuff regularly launching on the PS4 right now.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Hope this turns out good I'm looking forward to this and Lords of the Fallen
I honestly thought this wouldn't be out till the end of the year or beginning of 2015

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Comes out on my birthday.

Sony has done a good job at keeping content inbetween big releases.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

Very nice, I just hope the ps4 version hasn't been compromised by the cross gen dev. Let's wait for reviews eh. May end up passing on this as I'll be picking up Elder Scroll Online in June If it sticks to schedule.

N711

N711 said:

Looking forward to reading preview/review. I think they going to put up new videos soon

LDXD

LDXD said:

@artemisthemp don't know what qualifies as a major release like this for example or what other systems you game on, there's also wolfinstien the Wii u if I'm not mistaken has Mario kart and bayonetta 2
Knowing myself I'll probably pick this game up if it don't totally bomb keeping my eye on wolfinstien for ps4 and getting both the Wii u games. My big problem is dark souls 2 is now in my life and I won't put it down for a while so I'll just be adding to my back log hell I still need to beat dktf

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

Why am I unable to find a physical retail edition/version on Amazon?

If this game is digital-only, it's news to me lol.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Toddler_Naruto UK stores seem to have it up for pre-order now. There's still plenty of time until it releases, though, so just make sure to check every week or so if you're keen to buy.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

@ShogunRok Oh I'm not buying it lol. I don't even have a PS4, I'm too poor for that.

I'll probably have a PS4 by 2016 if I'm lucky, assuming I'm still jobless by then.

I just like to ask questions, even if I can't play the game until years later.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@ShogunRok is their any reason why this game is only $49.99 ps4 ? And not the usually priced $59.99? Just Curious seems kinda odd

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@LDXD No particular reason from what I understand. Usually if a game is selling for under the usual price, it's down to retailers thinking that the game isn't going to be in high demand. I suppose that could be the case here, since it's a new property from a small developer.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@ShogunRok I hope it turns out good looks decent enough I was just curious. Looks like this and wolfinstein might be my first two games that I get for my ps4
Thanks for the reply