Bizarrely, the Pedestrians in PS4 Exclusive inFAMOUS: Second Son Are Real People

Feel even more morally conflicted

Sucker Punch’s superhero sequel inFAMOUS: Second Son is set to launch next month, meaning that you’re no doubt itching to smash up the release’s obsessive recreation of Seattle. However, before you begin vaporizing the residents of the rainy region, you may want to keep one minor detail in mind: every pedestrian in the PlayStation 4 exclusive is based upon a real person.

Voice actor Troy Baker – who also played Joel in The Last of Us – revealed the tidbit on Twitter earlier today, having just got his hands on the title. “Fact,” wrote the star. “All of the ‘pedestrians’ populating Seattle in Second Son are actual Seattleites whose likenesses were scanned and put in the game.”

Ever the gloriously groomed tease, the talented larynx lender also had a few thoughts to share about the actual adventure itself. “Holy god,” he said of the taster. “You guys ain’t seen nothing yet.” We’re hoping that the star’s referring to the fact that famous Seattle citizen Kurt Cobain has a cameo in the game. And if not, we reckon that you should at least be able to kit out protagonist Delsin Rowe in a roomy cardigan inspired by the late Nirvana lead.

[via twitter.com, twitter.com]

3Above

3Above said:

Sounds like Sucker Punch is going all out for the feel of realism. Im guessing that since they went through all the trouble of scanning real people that there will be more interaction with the NPCs than in inFAMOUS 2. Sure makes that guy Fetch killed in the trailer mean more. I cant wait!!

SlothyPooh

SlothyPooh said:

If a team like sucker punch picked me up off the street i think i would spend most of that game trying to find myself XD

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

Who is it that gets paid for kurts appearance? Anyway infamous looks great might have to cancel my metal gear pre order and get this instead

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

@ReigningSemtex I think it would be disrespectful if he maid an cameo in the game (like you said)i don't think he would have liked to sell his likeness to anybody I don't want to see a cameo from him in the game i think it would be weird and wrong

Nerve

Nerve said:

I've never played an inFAMOUS game but after switching to PS4 this gen I'm so hyped!

Nerve

Nerve said:

@SuperBoo76 It's awesome, I love it! I've heard of issues but any console launch is gonna have them, it's only a small percentage of people having problems. I have two controllers and have no problems with the rubber sticks, likewise with hardware - it all works perfectly.

That said, even if you have any issues in the first year, it's under warranty. From what I've read, Sony are great at handling any warranty claims. The dashboard is so much easier to use compared to the Xbox One (I have both) and is a massive improvement over the PS3.

I wouldn't be put off :)

Nerve

Nerve said:

@SuperBoo76 No worries. There aren't as many spots for 'ads' on the One, but they're only links to new content really - you get the same kind of thing on the 'What's New' page on the PS4.

Yeah, either way you'll be happy, guarantee it. I feel like a kid with a PlayStation 2 again, just waiting for the true next-gen releases now.