Lose Your Humanity with This New Dark Souls 2 Trailer

Posted by Kell Andersen

Prepare to die

For the uninitiated, Dark Souls is a role playing adventure series so devilish in design and fiendish in difficulty that it can only be properly appreciated by masochists. The next game in the rage-inducing franchise, set to release in March, features a larger overworld and a slightly rejigged combat system. It also allegedly opts for a slightly more accessible overall experience, but after watching this brand new trailer, we're really not convinced.

Replete with the franchise's signature brand of existential mumbo-jumbo, the intriguing video gives a glimpse at some of the game's horrifying boss battles as well as some truly breathtaking locales. Oh, and in case you needed reminding, the clip makes it abundantly clear that you will probably die a lot in Dark Souls 2. To be perfectly honest, though, we wouldn't have it any other way. Will you be braving the hotly anticipated torture simulator, or would you prefer not to break another controller? Kindle a bonfire in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

If I manage to keep on top of my backlog then I will definitely be playing this to death.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

I got both Dark and Demon's Souls from Plus, died a lot on the first areas and haven't played them since. I'll just have to try again now

LDXD

LDXD said:

@charlesnarles I say stick with it once you learn the game mechanics its not as hard as people make it out to be. It is one of the best rewarding game experience I've had, there's a lot to learn though just stick with it man I've put 100s of hrs in these games and I'm still learning new things here and there just don't rush

LDXD

LDXD said:

@charlesnarles lol that's the problem most people give it a shot an stop before the tutorial and the first area undead burg to me was the worst area of the game I didn't like it
The game grows on you big time. My brother is way younger than me and was use to playing games from the ps1 on this game is nes/Genesis hard basically old school. I talked him into getting it after a few days he called me cursing telling me he will never get anywhere saying he wasted his money, I gave him a few tips told him to stick with it after about 2 months he calls me up thanking me for introducing him to his now favorite game of all time he actually beat dark souls faster than I did it took me 3 months but it was one of the best video game experiences I've had
Do not treat this game as a hack n slash, the shield you have is the most important thing the (stability) stat on that shield is the most important , level your endurance first most people want to level HP wrong move, wear light armor and of course don't get hit rolling is your friend. You'll do fine just takes a lot of practice if my brother could do it I'm sure anyone can we're talking about a guy who thinks Mario is difficult the new ones lol

LDXD

LDXD said:

@charlesnarles I bought a ps3 for demon souls and loved it, I died on a staircase from a boss with one hit that I didn't even get a chance to see an even bigger issue I was hording about 20,000 souls which stuck to my poor bloodstain, needless to say after that I put the game down for a year or so until darksouls came out, I stuck with darksouls until I beat it! Went back to demon souls got my 20,000 souls back no problem I then laughed about the situation and how easy it was for me to get back to that very spot and how much better I was at the game