Basement Crawl Bombs PS4 with Multiplayer Mayhem This Month

Crawlin' in the dark

PlayStation 4 exclusive Basement Crawl may have missed its launch day release target by a couple of months, but the macabre Bomberman meets Twisted Metal multiplayer mash-up is poised to set fire to your next generation console this month in Europe. The Polish developer attached a 29th January deploy date to the title earlier today, adding that a North American window will be revealed imminently.

The dark digital download – which will set you back £7.99 – will boast both four-player local and eight-player online deathmatches, in which you must off a range of creepy characters using a variety of traps and explosives. “The game rewards skill and practice, which means a good player will never get cheated out of a win by someone who grinds with better gear,” explained company gaffer Piotr Babieno. “If you’re looking for a really fun, truly unique multiplayer game for your new system, this is it.”

A brand new gameplay trailer embedded below shows off some of the frenetic action that you can expect in the full release. We’re quite taken by the creepy art style, and we’re pleased to see that the studio has not decided to attach a premium to the next generation title like most other developers. Are you willing to give this a go, or are the creepy clowns putting you off? Turn that frown upside down in the comments section below.

[via vg247.com]

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

I do enjoy the look of the game, but I feel that it's a tad unnecessary for the type of gameplay shown. A game like this would be hugely popular with a more family-style approach, and I'm just worried the M rating would put people off when the gameplay seems so simple as bomberman.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@get2sammyb I do too, I just don't know how effective it'd be for the public. I just think that the simplistic gameplay will turn some of the more mature gamers away, while the mature rating would turn some of the younger ones away.

I'll probably grab the game regardless. Seems up my alley.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Remember that totally unnecessarily 'gritty' Bomberman reboot? Those feelings...

I'd rather just have Bomberman.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@RyoHazuki True.

But from what I hear the 360 version on live is as good as Saturn Bomberman. Which is for me the best version. Still have it, two multitaps and seven controllers, it supports ten!

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

@KALofKRYPTON I don't think I've played it since megadrive. One of my all time favourite games. The Saturn version sounds awesome. Imagine ps4 multiplayer with tons of players! It has to happen.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@RyoHazuki It's basically just like Mega Bomberman, but a lot harder to look at with up to ten players. You really need a huge CRT TV or a wall projector. Worth it though!

Yeah, that would be awesome.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

Totally awesome. If dungeon crawl has a larger online multiplayer mode then I might buy it up. Very cheap anyway.

DavidH

DavidH said:

Is this still coming today? what time does PSN normally update?

Thanks.