Tales of Zestiria's First Trailer Arrives Online with Elegance

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Mmmm, zesty

There's nothing like a good Tales teaser to get your day started on the right note. Originally shown over a week ago to coincide with the title's reveal, the trailer has finally found its way online, so get your flamboyant garments ready and take a gander. Tales of Zestiria will be coming to the PlayStation 3 in Japan, North America, and Europe - although not simultaneously, it seems. But even so, this is the first time that a Tales game has been given a confirmed western release alongside its Japanese announcement.

The video itself shows off some lovely looking locations and gives us a quick glimpse of the release's nicely designed main characters. We also get a limited look at the battle system, which seems as action-packed as ever. Perhaps most intriguing, though, is the quick shot of the protagonist running through what appears to be a huge, open field - could the series' newest instalment be heading in a more open world direction?

With Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Tales of Xillia 2 both set to release next year in the west, are you still eager to explore yet another colourful world? Do you wish that this newest entry was rushing onto PS4 instead? Let us know in the comments section below.

Epic

Epic said:

A 2minute trailer just to show off 20 seconds of gameplay -_-

k_andersenStaff

k_andersen said:

This looks so damn good. I haven't played a tales game since Symphonia, so this has certainly piqued my interest.

belmont

belmont said:

From having a Tales game here and there we have tons nowadays. I hope they localize the Vita ones too. I finished Graces F some time ago and I will pick Xillia this Christmas. I may preorder some of the newer games.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

These are the kind of games that need to start making their way to the PS4. I know it will happen eventually, but until it does people are gonna be screaming "why did I buy a PS4 so fast?!" It looks great though.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Loving what I see. It looks great. Hopefully it'll turn out better than Xillia. That was the first time I was truly underwhelmed by a Tales game...

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I would have prefer Tales of Zestirias to be on PS4, but Baba sadly doesn't have any Japanese PS4 number to justify making it for PS4 instead of PS3

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Subie98 I actually thought Tales of Vesperia was the best in the series, bar none. Sure, it could've been better, but so could every game out there.