You'll Play as Ellie in Expansion The Last of Us: Left Behind

Everything to do with that little girl

As promised, Naughty Dog has revealed the first single player add-on pack for its critically acclaimed PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last of Us. A prequel to the events of the main game, Left Behind will see you assume the role of Ellie, as the potty-mouthed tween attends a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone. Similarly to the main adventure, the expansion will explore the bond between the aforementioned heroine and Riley, the youngster's mentor at the academic camp.

There's no date or price attached to the content yet, but we already know that it will be available for free as part of the title's Season Pass. According to community strategist Arne Meyer on the PlayStation Blog, the add-on will deploy in "early 2014", and directors Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann are getting close to wrapping up the expansion as we type.

You can check out the first footage below, which shows the DLC's protagonists exploring a derelict fairground littered with dead bodies. Are you looking forward to revisiting post-apocalyptic North America? Scream and shout in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Sweeeeet I had a feeling the pass would be worth it! I also had the feeling that there was no context, but here some is!

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Wasn't this story told in the comic they made for the collector's edition?
I wanted to play as Bill, dammit.

Splat

Splat said:

This is awesome. Playing as Ellie was one of my favorite things about The Last of Us.

"Naughty Dog has revealed the first single player add-on pack."

Is there going to be more than just one???

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Ellie rocks. I know about her backstory from the comic and just paying attention to her in the main game. Ha I so love this. This will sit next to my PS4 and even though I will be playing TLOU on PS3 (but with a DS4!!) it won't feel "last gen" at all!

Lovely lovely Ellie! ;)
Never ever did a game make me so protective about a character!

banacheck

banacheck said:

Have you noticed what thay've called the DLC "The Last of Us: Left Behind", is this for them who are left behind on the PS3? (Joke)

I'll be jumping off my PS4 to play this and meny other Games & DLC thats only on PS3.