PC Indie Hit Terraria Is Coming To PSN Next Year

Posted by Damien McFerran

Build your hopes up now

PC indie success Terraria is heading to PSN. The title - which has been described by some as a 2D Minecraft - was launched in 2011 and has since shifted an impressive 1.6 million copies.

Andrew Spinks - the sole talent behind the original PC release - appears to be involved with the port to consoles (it's also coming to Xbox Live Arcade, see) but it's not known if he's getting his hands dirty with programming duties.

He had this to say:

I can't say how excited I am to finally have Terraria come to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! To see it come so far is a complete shock, especially after such humble beginnings. It's always been my dream to have as many people as possible know and enjoy Terraria as much as I have, and this is another big step in that direction!

It's been awesome working with 505 Games, and I can't wait for everyone to see the additional features that they've been able to bring to this new edition of the game.

[via eurogamer.net]

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I've looked at this before on Steam, but the tiny graphics are a huge turn-off. Sorry, but I like to be able to SEE what I'm doing. So maybe the first thing should do in bringing it to consoles is fix that mess.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

I just want minecraft on my PS3 ;__;

Oh well, I can deal with this much more awesome 2D version, I guess.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

@stuffgamer1 I see what you mean, it looks like it would be nice to have it a little zoomed in sometimes. Anyway, like usual, I'd prefer this on my Vita rather than my PS3 - of course then they'd really have to zoom in.

Samholy

Samholy said:

i want it... on my 3DS !!!!
after fooling around in DScraft (minecraft homebrew ds version), i can see how addictive this thing could become...

but not on my ps3.well, maybe ill try it anyway if its not too pricey.

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Cool. I've always wanted to try this out, but dislike Steam too much to go through the hassle.