Activision Talks Up Call of Duty Vita Ahead of Full Reveal

True experience

Sony may be struggling to secure third-party content for the PlayStation Vita, but the platform holder still has Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified to boast about. While the handheld spin-off is currently shrouded in mystery, publisher Activision has promised to share more details about the title at GamesCom – and it has insisted that the shooter will provide a “true Call of Duty experience”.

Chatting with MCV, Activision Europe’s vice president Michael Sportouch teased: “We are really excited about the opportunities that the Vita could offer us in terms of connecting with a new audience.”

Of course, the executive failed to provide any specific details about the game. What are you hoping to see from the title at GamesCom next week?

[via mcvuk.com]

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

While I don't have a Vita anymore and don't particularly like the COD franchise- I do hope this game lifts the veil of negativity surrounding the Vita- it's a great machine!

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I hope they announce a nice large number for the amount of people in a multiplayer match. And I hope I don't have to touch the touchscreen.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

@JavierYHL that's quite the negative take! I honestly think the Vita will pick up steam. I would bet on it. As long as Sony sticks with it and begins to treat it right. It might even take until the PS4 comes out and they debut amazing connectivity (hopefully), or until a price drop, but I think it will pick up.

@JavierYHL Sony will never drop it just like that. Remember, they've also got Soul Sacrifice and Killzone in development. And LittleBigPlanet's out next month.

You can bet there'll be other first-party projects in the works, too.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

lol i have 2 actually, 1 black and 1 white...the fact is if both these two titles dun move amazing numbers for the vita...i dun think other third parties will waste time releasing their AAA games for it ...

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

LBP is going to be amazing. And I have high hopes for Killzone as well. That's more my cup of tea than Call of Duty. I really hope that FPS multiplayer proves to be successful/doable on the Vita.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Ok, people really need to stop thinking a system is dead basicly before it has time to do anything -_-

Second, I hope this game boosts the sales of Vita big time, it would suck to see such an awesome system fail.