SEGA Teases Major Shining Series Announcement

Posted by James Newton

Coming next week

SEGA has a big surprise up its sleeve for Shining fans next week.

The official Shining Blade Twitter — via Andriasang — tweeted that the "biggest thing in series history" will happen next week. Previously the account has hinted that information about the next game will be included in the packaging for Shining Blade, due out in 13 days.

Whatever's announced next week, we just hope the West gets to be part of it: Europeans haven't had a Shining game translated since Shining Soul II in 2003.

[via andriasang.com]

Azikira

Azikira said:

I honestly have never played a "shining" game yet, but I really mean to. There's a game called Shining Blade coming out? o3o When did this happen?

Magi

Magi said:

words can not describe how awesome it'll be to get a new Shining Force game on the Vita.

BluTyGer

BluTyGer said:

Oh man if this is Shining Force 4 words can not describe how happy i'll be.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

The only game I'd be interested in would be Shining Force 4, as so many others also seem to say. However I do not believe they will ever make another entry in the Force series.

I have played some of the other Shining games, namely Soul and Soul II, and they just didn't give the same experience.

Play_It_Loud

Play_It_Loud said:

Dont **** with me Sega, And make this a real Shinning Force experience. Shinning Force 1 and 2 are what got me into RPGs to begin with. Please Please do right by us old school shinning fans, and give us a true Shinning Force experience that we have been waiting a decade plus for.

James

James said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one out there clamouring for a proper Shining Force game, but it seems these days SEGA is more interested in letting Tony Taka drain every ounce of military influence from the game and create real-time action games than proper in-depth strategy RPGs. It would be nice for a proper turns-based return to form but I think there's more chance of a translated SFIII trilogy, tbh.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Actually, the last couple games have been Turn-based, I think. Just Final Fantasy Turn-based, not strategy Turn-based. Still not that great, but at least it's a step in the right direction.