Forums

Topic: Buy a PS3? Or Wait for PS4

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

Weskerb

I recommend buying a PS3 with Last of Us. Then shop around for cheap games, you can get a lot of excellent games for the PS3 for very reasonable prices eg. MGS4, Batman AA, Uncharted 2 and so on.

Weskerb

FirstTimer

Hey guys! I am also new to this forum. I want to buy a PS3 even PS4 is coming. Is this the right move for me? and i want to know some games u can recommend for first time users. Action games,racing games,casual games etc.

FirstTimer

Epic

@FirstTimer You should get a PS3 after all everyone is still making games for it and most of the amazing games are now extremely cheap.
We are currently helping another user on this thread: https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/viewto … 487#p10487
You should check it out it has most of the users recommendations.
I suggest starting with a PS+ Subscription to get free games every month and look for HD collection games, it'll help ypu catch up with all the amazing games you may have missed.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

Ginkgo

I would get a PS4, but I don't personally like to look back. (not denying all of the great content on the PS3 that will soon be cheap).

It would frustrate me very quickly, not being able to play the latest games coming out and also keep up with all the discussion of "whats happening".

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

SuperJoon

I had this dilemma a few weeks ago, didnt know whether to get a PS3 as there were some exclusives i really wanted to play such as Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us. I got a PS3 about 2 weeks ago and will probably wait and get a PS4 end of next year or 2015. Alot of the games will be coming out for both 3 and 4 so i dont see it as a waste...

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

KidRyan

I highly recommend buying a PS3 instead of a PS4.

My Reasoning: PS4s are still $400 New (when they're in stock heh), and there aren't that many games available yet.

While the PS3s are $250 New (160GB slim/250GB super slim), and there are 50-75+ PS3 games out there that you'd probably love to play, if you did some research.

If you need some recommendations, here's my PS3 game collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Toddler_N … atform=113

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Huh, didn't expect to meet Toddler_Naruto here. How's it going?

Anyways, I agree, the PS4 just isn't worth it right now while the PS3 is still going strong. It has too many good games that you can get for a fraction of the price of new games, and the console itself is priced right as well.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Victor_Meldrew

Or, buy them all! I would recommend PS vita because I'm now a handheld snob.

Victor_Meldrew

TricksterTyler

I actually just got a bundle with the 250 gb PS3 and The Last of Us for $260. I only owned a Wii last gen so I'm doing some catching up. This is actually my first Sony console and I haven't been this excited about a console since getting my GameCube way back when. I'm thinking it will be a great way to fill in the game droughts on my Wii U. @Toddler_Naruto thanks for the game list, I have no idea what games I would enjoy for my PlayStation but there are some great looking ones on your list. I'll definitely be trying out inFamous, Uncharted, and Ni No Kuni.

TricksterTyler

PSN: T7L3RB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.