Forums

Topic: No Hot Shots golf patch for Move in English language edition?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

autogolazzo

Wow, it's been months and I haven't heard any word on when or whether or not there will be a patch for Move support for Hot Shots Golf.

Why would they go through the trouble of creating a patch for Move in Japan and not for the English language version?

Has anyone heard anything: even a review of the Japanese version would be of interest to me.

autogolazzo

James

Well golf is big in Japan but Tiger Woods isn't, so maybe Sony saw a good opportunity to shift some Moves and games.

I will investigate with Sony UK!

James

autogolazzo

That's what I kind of assumed: that Sony was releasing a Move golf bundle for the North America and Europe (Tiger Woods) and a golf bundle for Japan (Everybody's Golf) in order to grow their Move market. No need to port the Move capability to a game that is old and hard to find at stores anyway.

It just seems like such an easy thing to port, now that they have already done 95% of the work.

autogolazzo

Silent_Bob

Are there some news about the move patch? I want to play EG with move so bad...

Silent_Bob

James

Sony UK says "we are working on it but have nothing to announce at present".

Wish I could play this with Move tomorrow. I love me some Everybody's Golf!

James

autogolazzo

James,

Thanks for keeping up with this. Having young kids I'm pretty excited about this version of golf (seems more cartoonish and fun). I also like seeing the new games that are more party-family type games like Carnival Island, Adventure Camp and Dungeon Defenders . There has got to be something in between Killzone 3 and Eyepet, right?

I'm still curious if you have ever heard any sort of review about the Japanese version of this golf game with Move implementation. Certainly, it has been reviewed. I know reviews would be in Japanese but there has got to be some information that has been translated or something.

Is there anything out there about this game? A review, anything?

Edited on by autogolazzo

autogolazzo

ENygma96

James,

Any updates?  I actually picked up this game just for the Move support for my kids and me to play, only to find out it hadn't been released yet.  I'm getting anxious.......

ENygma96

autogolazzo
ENygma96

James,

Any updates?  I actually picked up this game just for the Move support for my kids and me to play, only to find out it hadn't been released yet.  I'm getting anxious.......

As did I, for $10.00 US. I figured it was a no-brainer that if they were making it Move compatible for the Japanese version, they would definitely make it Move compatible for the English versions. I mean the hard work (as we have DEFINITELY realized by now)is all in the Move implementation for most Move compatible games. Translating a game from one language to another seems like a piece of cake. Finally, translating British English to American English sounds like half a day's work.

Unless, of course, EA and Tiger Woods have some sort of contractual blockage of the game.

autogolazzo

James

@ENygma96 No, nothing yet! Last time Sony said they were "definitely working on it", and that hasn't changed. Will update the site as soon as we hear anything more, promise

James

autogolazzo

I'm guessing that this game goes gold around the same time as Sorcery 2.

autogolazzo

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.