Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 521 to 540 of 5,530

Splat

Also

Bows > Guns

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Wesker

Have they managed to build other characters other than Lara Croft? I played the reboot, and though I had fun, I can't remember caring about the story or characters very much. The first Uncharted established not just Nathan Drake, but Elena Fisher and Sully as well-rounded characters that you become invested in. They've also successfully added to that with Chloe, Sam and Nadine.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Splat

The whole cast of TR is pretty forgettable outside of Lara, to be honest. Which is a shame since the gameplay is so good.

If we could just get a game with TR's great gameplay and Uncharted's great storytelling/characters we would have the perfect game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Th3solution

@Splat Don’t we have that game already? It’s called Horizon Zero Dawn.
(Actually it’s called NieR Automata)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I thought it was called The Witcher 3 lol

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder nah im 100% sure it was Nier.

And no, I really don't want them to force companions on you in the TR games. It kind of does my head in always having someone tagging along with you in ND games.

That's what's putting me off GoW too.

And I didn't like having Alex hanging around all the way through HL2 Episode 1 either

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 My aren't we a misery guts today?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder you don't know the half of it mate!! Haha

Although, rereading my comment I have to laugh because in Nier you have a companion forced on you for at least half the game. Hohum.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ellsworth004

@kyleforrester87 lol yeah I was thinking that same thing. Just goes to show how great nier is. I'm not big on games with AI companions, but it did bother me at all with nier.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

RR529

Kirby: Star Allies (Switch)

• Gameplay wise it's classic Kirby, for better or worse (which I personally enjoy, though I know others prefer his more creative outings), and I personally didn't mind the allies.
  • It looks quite gorgeous, but I don't think it's thematically planned very well. World One takes place on a "country" scale, world 2 on a "planet" scale, and it works it's way up to a galactic adventure by world 4, which is actually really cool, but it kind of works out like this: World one has a coherent theme since it takes place in Dream Land, but it's the generic grass theme so eh, World 2 has you jetting all across Pop-Star and pretty much each level has a different theme and that's cool, World 3 takes place in an enemy fortress which is the most unique theme in the game and all it's levels are coherently tied together by it's theme, but since the game only has 4 worlds total (as opposed to the 6 in the 3DS games) these later worlds are stuffed to the gills with levels and even the unique theme of World 3 wears on by it's end, and World 4 has you jetting across the Solar System, and although the level themes do jump constantly from planet to planet, you really don't get to see much new, as they really needed to make some use out of those themes they used exactly once before in World 2. This is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, and I spent way more time on it than I should have, but I wish it was as thematically tight as Adventure or Planet Robobot.
  • Not sure how I feel about the puzzle piece collectables. They give you good reason to replay levels (though I found pretty much all the special pieces on my first run through the levels), but I preferred how Stickers were handled in Planet Robobot.
  • Overall it's a solid entry in the classic Kirby series, but not one of it's best. However, I will admit the final boss was a real highlight, and may be the best in the series (and one of the best final bosses on Switch). It really is more ambitious than anything I've ever seen in a Kirby game.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NecuVise

@KratosMD I played red Dead redemption for the first time when it became backward compatible game Xbox one and I was kind of disappointed mainly because I had very high expectations. It is a good game, but nowhere near that good as everyone says it is. Maybe because I played it almost ten years later. I can only imagine how revolutionary it was back in time, but I don't think it has aged well.

NecuVise

NecuVise

@KratosMD I have never tried multi-player mode, so I don't know if it's good or bad, and I just don't like most in GTA so probably wouldn't like this one either. I agree that some missions felt like filler. Some were amazing, and the ending is heart breaking but when it ended I was like 'That's it?' and that's why I'm not pumped for the sequel as everybody else seem to be.

NecuVise

Jaz007

I just beat Uncharted 4. Excellent game. Easily the best story of the series. However, outside of the last one, set pieces were lacking. None but the last we’re very memorable, and after Uncharted and multiple of the best set pieces I’ve ever seen, I was sad this, honesty didn’t have anything above average ones really. No standouts like the plane falling apart or the hallucination sequence towards the end like in U3. Also, too much climbing. It needed more action to balance that out. But I loved what Sam brought to the story, it made it have a lot more weight, and when Srake got injured, it was actually believable this time. No I’m injured until an enemy shows up. Then I’m fine. I liked the ending, but want an Uncharted 5 with Drake again. I know what Naughty Dog said, but the ending in no way prevents Drake from being used again. He could go on another adventute, or have one in-between when he had his daughter and before the epilogue. I loved the game, but want a game that delivers with set pieces to end it. Also, interesting choice to have no supernatural for the first time in a Naughty Dog Uncharted game.
Uncharted 3 is still the best in the series I think.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

NecuVise

@Jaz007 chasing set piece is one of the best in the series in my opinion. UC4 is my favorite because of high production values and better developed characters, but that could be due to me playing the rest of the series on ps4 for the first time ever, so I imagine they were much more awe inspiring back in the day. Reflecting in the series now, some time after I finished all of the mainline games, I think that uncharted 4 is a really different game. It is more serious that the rest and if anyone read Blood, sweat and pixels book he or she realizes why this game ended up having this direction.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I’ll be curious if your feelings change after playing UC Lost Legacy. It is excellent as well and if you’re an Uncharted fan, you’ll definitely enjoy it. It does showcase that an Uncharted game can be done, and be done well, without Nate. It also has arguably some of the best settings of the series.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Still got Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy unopened. I've got be in a certain mood to play some games and I've not been in the right mood to play em yet.

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’m properly hyped for Shadow of the TR. September is a long time away though.
Tomb Raider and Uncharted games are among my favorites and are games that I usually drop everything and play straight away. Especially with Red Dead in October, I’ll need to jump on SotTR quick and finish it before that. My luck, Spiderman and Dreams will also end up being Sept or Oct released and I’ll really be in a pickle then. 😪

@JohnnyShoulder The Uncharted games are thankfully not terribly long. Lost Legacy especially. UC4 about 20ish hrs and LL about 8ish hrs. They could be knocked out pretty quick. Did you like the other Uncharteds?

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Ha Ha who knows, that could push me to play em!

@Th3solution Yeah played the remastered trilogy. I thought they were good if not outstanding. A bit too much shooting sections for me. In the 2nd in particular i found some of em dragged on for too long. I remember a section on a train with a helicopter after ya particularly doing my head in.

Preferred the recent Tomb Raider games, although they too both suffered with throwing loads of enemies at ya, especially the first one.

andreoni79

Outlast 2 on Hard and with headphones have been a real nightmare... But now I want to play it again on Story mode to get all collectibles! Way better than the first episode.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

NecuVise

@KratosMD Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is so fun, I hope someone will fund a sequel to it (Insomniac said they were looking for interested parties for a sequel to it).

NecuVise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic