Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 541 to 560 of 5,530

JohnnyShoulder

I laugh if it is a PS5 exclusive lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I quite enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it was 'amazing'. Insomniac did a good job with it and its a solid 7/8 out of 10. I wouldn't say no to a follow up but its a bit too childish for me. Its a bit like R&C crossed with Tony Hawks and aimed at the club 18-30's. I would still say its worth getting - especially as its under £10. I can see Insomniac making Spider-Man 2 before we see another Sunset Overdrive (if we do).

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

Finished Yakuza kiwami pretty much. Still have 1 sub story left but I need to fully upgrade my dragon tech and I just cant be bothered fighting Majima again after already smashing him 40 odd times. All wrapped in 40 hours although its really been about a month of gaming.

Next on the hitlist is Gundam vs .

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy That’s encouraging to hear you did most all of it in 40 hrs. I was expecting a 100 hr commitment so I have been putting it off for a while.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

I've just finished The Evil Within 2 and I enjoyed it. It's not the best game of all time but it is worth it. And I did it all in the new first person mode. Total time is 16:33 on survival. I did most of the side stuff with one notable exception. I see the game something closer to the last of us (survival) than to some horror games.

NecuVise

themcnoisy

Sorry @Th3solution it was Kiwami. Zero took me about 80 hours off the top of my head. But that was mostly down to the big sub games - building management for Kiryu and Club managing for Majima. You could blitz zero in 40 hours and play every activity without going balls deep. Even with Kiwami I wanted to beat pocket circuit and mesuking which probably bloated my playtime by 7-8 hours as I couldnt stop messing with my car.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

Just finished Far Cry 5 with all side missions, collectibles etc done too... Story isn't the best but the game-play is fun and satisfying.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

NecuVise

I've just beaten Infamous Second Son. It took me some two months or more I played it in three instances.

What can I say, it's not a bad game but I haven't enjoyed it that much. Traversal is nice, Nelson's animations are nice, graphics are very good especially on Pro, powers are good but the rest not so much. The story and characters are too cringy, the game is just too dark (half the time I couldn't see where are the enemies or where I'm going) and the fighting mechanics don't suit me. And man, that boss fight after some 2/3 of the game is awful, it's so bad designed that I found it unfair and more difficult than dark souls or bloodborne.

Now I know it seems like I have pointed out many negative things, it's like I hate the game but it's really not the case and the game is really decent, but I just haven't enjoyed it.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise Yeah, Infamous SS was a good game, especially as an early release title for this generation. I played it at launch, so my experience would be very different than yours playing it now. But it’s good to hear the game still holds up graphically. Sucker Punch should wow us with Ghost of Tsushima, at least visually.
But I do remember that boss fight you reference. It was ridiculous, as I recall.
Infamous First Light is a worthy expansion, if you can tolerate more of that world. Fetch’s powers are actually more fun to play with than Delsin’s, imo. It’s a short ride, and well worth taking, but probably best done later after cleansing your palate of Infamous after a while.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I don't know why I enjoyed The Order so much. Maybe it was the £15 price tag, the cool characters, short play time, tidy beards, pretty fun gunplay, interesting locations or the great graphics. Either way, I thought it was a cool game. The problem is obviously the big cliff hanger ending that we know will never get rounded off.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Splat

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@KratosMD I don't know why I enjoyed The Order so much. Maybe it was the £15 price tag, the cool characters, short play time, tidy beards, pretty fun gunplay, interesting locations or the great graphics. Either way, I thought it was a cool game. The problem is obviously the big cliff hanger ending that we know will never get rounded off.

I enjoyed it as well but also got it on the cheap which helps. If it was to get a Pro patch I would even give it another go.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

JohnnyShoulder

I'll wait for The Order to be on PS Plus...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’m so glad you ended up liking it. I was starting to worry there for a bit during your initial 2 hours that I had recommended a lemon for you. Lol. But thankfully the game ramped up for you.
I think the gameplay, although simplistic gunplay and 3rd person adventuring, is too unfairly criticized. Yeah, there’s nothing groundbreaking there, but the atmosphere, graphics, presentation, story, and characters more than make up for it. If Ready at Dawn got another crack at it, I think it could easily be turned into one of PS4’s headliners. They would only need to add a few more elements to the game and some length, maybe boss fights and diversify the progression through the game. The game runs great and looks super. Galahad could have been the next Nathan Drake. Well... okay, maybe not that big of a PS icon, but maybe the next uh, Joel or Cole MacGrath maybe?

WanderingBullet

I think one of the main complains The Order got was that it had too much QTEs. One person on my friends list said the same thing about it but when I looked at the games his played he had so many Telltale games.-__-

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

johncalmc

I played Prey. It was pretty good. A bit like BioShock. But not as good. If there was one big problemo with Prey, it's that the entire game felt like a carrot dangling on a stick. It's like hey Morgan go and see your brother, sure thing, oh no he's run off and now you need to go over here. Hey Morgan, you need to go to this place and do this thing, oh no, the power is off, better go fix that generator that's in the seventh level of hell, okay chief. I could probably have done with it being like half as long. It was still fun though.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic