Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 4,463

Tasuki

@RogerRoger I liked the first season of Gotham but mid way through the second I just couldn't do it anymore. It was bad just didn't feel like Batman to me which I guess they were originally planned to do. I did like how the first season centered on Gordon that was but the the second they decided to shift the attention to Bruce and tried to make it like Smallville, which I will admit I am not a huge fan of. I think if it stayed built around Gordon I would have been able to enjoy it still.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

I did a survey a couple of days ago from NOW TV. Usually I don't give them the time of day, but I thought what the hey I got nothing better to do. So in the survey it presented what could happen when Disney+ comes in. Well i assume it was Disney +, it was never mentioned by name and was always referred to as an app from Fox/20th Century Fox. Anyway here is part of it which I copied.

"Instead, all the TV shows and movies from Fox/20th Century Fox are only available to watch directly through two separate apps. These apps will also include content from Disney which would still be available on NOW TV.

One of these apps would be specifically for kids and family friendly shows and movies, and the other for content less suitable for kids.

Favourites from Marvel and Star Wars would be available in both.

These apps would work like other TV and movie apps, being available on a number of devices, including smart TVs and devices you can connect to TVs. On the apps, you’ll be able to watch what you want when you want.

Imagine these new apps cost £6 for one or £10 for both. You would pay on a rolling monthly basis.

NOTE: Fox/20th Century Fox movies would be available to rent or buy through Sky Store or other digital services or to buy on DVD, but the app would be the only place to access them as part of a subscription."

It went into further detail about which shows would be leaving, what plans SKY have once the changes happens, and would you be happy still subscribing to NOW TV. The plans that had were a bit vague and it kinda felt they didn't exactly know what shows were coming in.

I basically said no I wouldn't continue subscribing, especially as a sky cinema pass has just gone up to 11 quid a month (I was cancelling it way when the current offer ends).

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

Any UK forumers watching the latest series of Line of Duty?

Such a great show. Every series has been utterly fantastic (the last one a little drop off but that was fair enough after the conclusion of such a main storyline).

Bodyguard was good (also by Jed Mercurio) but not a patch on the team from AC-12.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

@Thrillho

BENT COPPERS!!!
(Every time I hear that it makes me giggle, no idea why if I'm honest 😂)

I'm watching Line Of Duty... I actually only watched series 1-3 a couple months back (Got the box set dirt cheap new off amazon) before watching the currently showing season 5!

Last night's certainly was interesting!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Love me a bit of Line of Duty!

This series early 'twist' was a bit predictable - but it is still the best UK police show for a very long time.
Haven't seen this week's - so it's looking like a GoT LoD kind of evening!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy S4 is on Netflix. I only got into it a year ago and got through S1-3 quickly and was lucky that S4 dropped soon after I’d watched those.

I find it fascinating in a Kojima/MGS way to know quite how far in advance he’s had some of these stories ready. For instance, having so many people who could be H; did he purposefully give so many people surnames that fit with that or has he worked it in subsequently?

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Oh I know @Thrillho ... just I don't have Netflix for 11 months of the year as a self imposed rule (I waste it otherwise) . And my internet's crummy most of the time anyway 😅

I'd say it's a mixture of both as I doubt all the seeds were planned way back in season one (Though he could've had a brief outline for it) only to get expanded as it went along

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@Thrillho Yeah, I'm a week behind though, not watched last night's yet. I've heard there's a twist or two. Does Hastings finally get sick of Arnott being such a boring arse and give him a slap?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

@Gremio108 Nah Hastings puts on this comically oversized boot... Punts Arnott to the moon to get them BENT COPPERS... IN SPACE!

Thrillho

@Gremio108 I still can’t get over the fact the guy playing Steve is actually Scottish and has a Glaswegian accent (I think). They obviously weren’t allowed two Scottish officers in AC-12.

Thrillho

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki I watched Smallville because back then it was the only superhero tv series available but continued to follow the series mainly because of Kristin Kreuk <3 and also hoping Clark would eventually where his costume and become Superman. Speaking of Smallville, Allison Mack finally pleads guilty in alleged sex cult case.

I came across this video earlier today and thought the cast of Smallville were actually going to return for the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBWVkVcrKE

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Ralizah

I'm a bit sad Gotham is coming to an end. It's a terrible, terrible show, but one I've faithfully followed since it first aired. It's incredibly enjoyable trash.

By the way, has anyone else here watched the insane Christopher Meloni vehicle "Happy!"? It's turning into one of my favorite shows. A disgraced detective-turned-hitman (Meloni) is scouted by an imaginary blue alicorn named Happy (voice of Patton Oswalt) to find a young girl that was kidnapped. Just the perfect mixture of horrible violence, big city scuzz, and a wonderful tension between the main character's deeply cynical and nihilistic view of life and Happy's childlike innocence.

(nsfw?)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

BENT COPPERS!!!

You rang?

@Tasuki I can see how you'd feel that way about Gotham, for sure. It certainly evolved from the original elevator pitch ("police procedural starring Jim Gordon") and by the end of the second season was an entirely different beast. I agree with @Ralizah in that it's become so utterly bonkers, like proper box of frogs mad, that you can't help but tune in to see how ridiculous the next episode will be. It's easier for me to digest on Netflix, too, as I can just binge each season within a week. Works better that way.

@JohnnyShoulder When they confirmed that Disney+ would also include 20th Century Fox properties (including all thirty seasons of The Simpsons) I did wonder whether NOW TV would have anything left to offer us Brits. As it stands, my partner and I only really get it for a month or two when Westworld rolls around, and briefly for the return of Twin Peaks.

Otherwise, between Netflix and Disney+ (which I'm planning on getting at launch) I personally see little to no reason for any other subscription services.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I always rotate between the subscription services, cancelling one when I'm at a good point to stop watching for a few months. I've got NOW TV for Game of Thrones and Netflix cos it's free until next month. I wait and see before what is on Disney+ before subbing. Looking at the shows that were going from NOW TV, there wasn't a great deal that I either watch or am interested in.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good trick if you can do it. I've never been able to make much of a dent in my Netflix watchlist (it only ever seems to get longer) and a couple other folks use the secondary profiles quite regularly, so I'm happy to maintain it.

The best thing about it is that, unlike NOW TV, it doesn't have a high turnover of content. Things I save for later are still there later when I get around to them, unlike the bizarre scheduling of NOW TV which kinda shoots itself in the foot with customers, I reckon. We've never needed it for more than a month or two. I'm hoping that Disney+ doesn't make any of its primary content time-limited, because that'd frustrate me. I've gotten used to fitting television into my schedule, and not planning my schedule around television!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Oh I still have loads to watch of each of the streaming services. I might keep Netflix as like you I have people using it under different profiles. I agree that with NOW TV things can dissappear quite quickly. And I've never been a fan of having separate packages for entertainment and cinema content. Ok I understand sports being a separate more expensive package because of the billions it costs them for the Premier League and so on. At least with Amazon Prime and Netflix it is all there under one package.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, good point on that, too; sports makes sense but you log into the TV bit and movies are right there but blocked, and vice versa.

Basically, NOW TV has always kinda confused me, which is really off-putting. Part of me would love to get into all the DC television shows but, given how they're all on there one week and gone the next, I'd rather just wait until they're all finished and then get the Blu-Rays (and new DC content seems to be coming to Netflix now anyway, with Titans and whatnot).

Given that survey, I can't see it surviving the launch of Disney+ in its current form.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Thrillho Yeah, Arnott's Scottish all right. He was in Doomsday, the Neil Marshall one, although I didn't realise until later. It's kind of hard to get my head around.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Line of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KALofKRYPTON

@Gremio108 @Thrillho He's good in The Wee Man too

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic