Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,140

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Yup a Liverpool fan here. Just hope for a fair match unlike last year and a good match and not a bore like Wednesdays match. Usual pre match jitters but the alcohol is helping lol. 3-1 Liverpool.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

roe

Looks great in HDR on the app. Not 4K which is a bit disappointing but it's still a nice picture.

I'm gonna switch to the YouTube stream though cuz I don't wanna be stuck with Peter Drury and Owen Hargreaves for the next 2 hours..

roe

andreoni79

Wow. That was fast!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Arugula

Worst game of football I've seen in a marquee match for a long time. Absolutely dreadful. Credit to Liverpool for taking their chances but neither side deserved the victory really. Rubbish.

Arugula

themcnoisy

Allison was motm.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

@themcnoisy Sure, but only because Liverpool stopped playing after the second goal so he had the chance to show some of his numbers. I'd vote for the blonde invader as MotM: for what I saw, she had numbers too.

Edited on by andreoni79

BAMozzy

YES YES YES!!!!! Come on you REDS!!! A well deserved Trophy for their Season - maybe not the best performance of the season but to overturn a 3-0 deficit against Barca, Score 97 points in the league and still not win, this caps off a great season and whilst Liverpool missed out on being English Champions, the end the season as European Champions!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Arugula

@Thrillho I had more fun reading your brief yet perfectly accurate post.

Arugula

Thrillho

@Frigate I seem to be cursed when it comes to watching matches live. I've only watched a few this season and one of the others was the 0-0 between Man City and Liverpool.

Still, I wanted Liverpool to win but it really was a dreadful match. It almost felt wrong to be giving anyone a trophy after that.

It really must suck for Spurs fans though as they were the better team on the night and Liverpool really were there for the taking.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Chuffed that Liverpool have got a trophy this season, they deserve to come away with something this season. Was not a great match with both teams being quite sloppy in possession. Defensively I thought Liverpool were good though, VVD gets my man of the match.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Not sure if that is lucky, he is a very good keeper with the most clean sheets in the Prem this season. It would be lucky if the ball bounced off his backside and over the bar or something like that. 😂

Besides Spurs had their fair share of good luck leading up to the final, so they can't really complain about that side of things. They did really well to get to final considering they have not spent any money on player transfers.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

So I finish work at 5pm and have to get through Liverpool back to the nicer part of Merseyside

This is gonna suck. 1 million people.

Arugula

If the France vs S. Korea game is anything to go by the Women's World Cup is going to be a great tournament. The French team look so strong and have awesome players all over the pitch. Wendie Renard was especially outstanding, like some kind of French female Virgil Van Dijk, brilliant! Can't wait to see what the other countries have brought to la republique.

Arugula

andreoni79

The best way to win is with a comeback and Italy just beat Australia 2-1 with a goal at minute 95!

Arugula

@andreoni79 Great game. The through ball for the first disallowed goal was outstanding and wasn't even offside in my opinion. Well done, Italy!

Arugula

themcnoisy

There is too much football. I love the game but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I would rather the international game be kept to just 1x continental Cup and 1x World Cup every 4 years. It just gets in the way. Did anyone even watch the England vs Switzerland?

I think this feeds into my original post on the 3 week wait for the champs league final. Years ago there was a big gap between seasons - you started to miss the footy. Now its everywhere all of the time.

Edited on by themcnoisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah totally agree I use the summer when a tournament isn't on to escape football. Also do the same whenever there are international games on during the season. I'm not keen on the United Nations thing, just seems a bit of a cash grab so that sky charge us to watch over blown friendlies. Some people treating it was like a major tournament is a joke imo.

andreoni79

@JohnnyShoulder @themcnoisy Just found out that there's also an Under 20 competition, alongside Under 21... I heard of it only because Italy reached the semi-finals. I forgot about Nations League, always thought of it as friendly matches with a cup.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic