Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 8,930

mookysam

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger I'll get round to watching it when I can. It was on Now TV and then they had the nerve to take it off! Outrageous.

All this talk of Bond themes got me thinking about my favourite tunes. I may have listed them a while back when I watched the films. I can't say "Die Another Day" is a favourite. I am not a fan of Madonna's post Ray of Light material and feel that song is a tad over-produced with weak vocals.
"A View to a Kill" is a great '80's tune. I'm not too familiar with Duran Duran, but they kill it with that song. "Nobody Does it Better" is a classic and the Louis Armstrong "We Have All the Time in the World" is simply beautiful. Have to give a mention to "Goldeneye". The song is strange, but I love Tina Turner.

Not a Sam Smith fan so have to agree with the sentiments here regarding his Spectre song!

Dammit now I want to watch James Bond.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

jacobia

Hi all 👋, I’m not one for usually checking out the forums but noticed this thread on the homepage, so.......
Has anybody seen The Invitation? It’s currently on Netflix in the UK, and had been on my ‘to watch’ list for ages, as I’d only heard good things about it. I watched it the other day and I thought it was amazing and I was totally engrossed. For reference, I’m a fan of horror movies, and I’d best describe The Invitation as a non-feel good, very intense, non-action thriller, and leave it at that. If you’re planning to watch it, I’d recommend going in completely blind so that you don’t dampen the impact. And what an impact 🤯

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

KALofKRYPTON

@jacobia Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a go.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tjuz

@WanderingBullet Aladdin is the 2nd best Disney animated movie after The Lion King, and it's the two we're getting next! This trailer seems to have perfectly captured the feel of the original, so I have a lot of faith in this movie. I just wonder if Will Smith will be able to match Robbie Williams as the genie.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz I'll hold off any excitement until it's confirmed that there's to be no standard Guy Ritchie "here's the plan lads..." montage...

Also, Lion King is boring trash (apart from Timon & Pumba) - ripped off boring trash at that!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

WanderingBullet

@Tjuz I liked quite a few of Disney's old animated movies. It's a shame that hand-drawn movies in Hollywood is a dying art.

Yeah, Will Smith's got big shoes to fill. I do wonder what the tone of this movie is gonna be like. Will his version of the genie be a more serious version or funny like the original?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

mookysam wrote:

Dammit now I want to watch James Bond.

I have that feeling every day.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON I'm not sure if I've ever heard an opinion more wrong than saying The Lion King is boring trash. It's a fantastic movie and I will not accept hearing otherwise!

@WanderingBullet For sure. I really miss 2D animated movies. There was an art and admiration to them that I just don't feel with the 3D equivalents, even though they can be good in their own right (Monsters, Inc. probably being the best). The Princess and the Frog being anything but a breakout hit surely didn't help matters though. I hope they keep the genie funny instead of opting for a more serious version, and I should think they're doing that considering Will Smith is a pretty funny guy.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz
It's such a dull film. Even my little girl was bored with it when she had her 'everything Disney' phase.

Also, trash ripoff!
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah how Dare The Lion King rip of Hamlet, Shakespeare should sue

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo No, no - I'm not talking (so called) inspirational literary sources - I'm talking scene for scene and down to conceptual level ripoff of another cartoon.

KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i know what you mean, i was just being a bit facetious

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo ah, fair enough

WanderingBullet

It's kinda crazy that Disney has three live-action movies (first Dumbo, followed by Aladdin and then Lion King after that) releasing in 2019.

But I'm most excited for Avengers 4, John Wick 3 and Spider-man: Far From Home. And then there's Shazam! and Wonder Woman 2 as well.

Currently, looking forward to see the new Hellboy reboot trailer.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KALofKRYPTON

@WanderingBullet Really high hopes for John Wick 3!

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON You can have ripoff, but that doesn't make it any less of a fantastic movie! I don't think it's dull at all, I even rewatched it earlier this year and time flew by. No amount of undeserved trashing of The Lion King will change my mind!

Tjuz

jacobia

@Tjuz I really like The Lion King too. Have you ever seen the live stage show? I personally loved it, a powerful show to watch 👍

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

Tjuz

@jacobia Glad I'm not the only defender of The Lion King! I haven't seen the live stage show, but by the sounds of it, I absolutely should. Not sure if they even do it in the Netherlands, though.

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic