Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 10,093

Black_Swordsman

@RogerRoger Yes! What do you think about the archetype of the "wise old man" have you read much about that? Our inner sage who directs us towards the best course of action, examples in the media are Obi Wan Kenobi and Gandalf.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I haven't delved too deeply into that stuff, alas. I'm just a passing amateur, curious about elements of historic psychological analysis that I've had name-dropped at me. But it's cool and somewhat comforting to think that we've all got an inner Alec Guinness, doing the wise legwork for us whilst we're busy outwardly screaming at things.

Was that the subject of the seminar you attended, or was it a broad introduction to Jung?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@RogerRoger Yes that inner Alec Guinness can be male or female, perhaps neither or not necessarily even a human being, as we discovered from a visualization exercises where we each encountered this Jungian self. It was a broad introduction to Jung, not many people attended though, for obvious reasons.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

RogerRoger

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Sometimes the quieter seminars can be more useful and pertinent to the individual students. I get that the reason wasn't exactly something to celebrate, but it sounds like you really got something from it, which is excellent. So much of modern education can be a disheartening experience.

From what you're describing there, I'd make the (possibly vague) connection to the concept some cultures have of a spirit animal or guide. That's obviously rooted in faith, but it's all just a matter of interpretation.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@KratosMD I can’t stand how games on game pass change though. I’d much rather own a game than have it leave while I’m playing it. And I get what you mean about spending money, but I think that having some discipline and finishing games (easier said than done) is a good solution.
Gamepass also isn’t sustainable for the future of games. You can’t have a bunch of Sony first party quality releases on that budget. Games are gonna start to suffer or the savings will disappear with a very risky model taking precedence. I personally think gaming is much safer and better without too much stuff like game pass. It would give niche games like JRPGs the shaft as well I feel like if they model precedence as well.
I do get where you’re coming from with the money though.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@KratosMD Honestly, I have both Now and Game Pass PC and I’ve been loving it. Game Pass PC is steadily getting better and Now has some great games I missed out on last gen, as well as big games like God of War (although that left Now when I had about 30 minutes until the platinum).

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD My main concern with services like games pass is that I like to play games whatever I'm in the mood for. I would hate having to rush through a game because it goes off the service shortly. But that is just me, it sounds like it suits you for your current situation.

And with the digital stuff, I have been buying more this gen as I have more disposable income so do not need to scrimp and save by playing the trade game. I have no interest in keeping games cases just for show. I always remember I moved properties a few times in one year, and having to pack and unpack all those music, films and games was a massive ball ache.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Especially when you consider the alternative of having most of your media on a few devices. I wish that was more readily available back then, sure would have saved a whole lot of time and effort.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I mean, a few bins of games isn't that bad. I like having my physical collection. I mean games in their cases are one of the easiest things to pack and store I would imagine. If move every month maybe, but otherwise I just see it as a good thing.

Jaz007

Rudy_Manchego

Question for y’all, does anyone have any recommendations on Bluetooth headphones that will work cross platform? Ideally on PS4, Xbox and maybe switch? Being at home has meant my sharing more space and having a free pick and activate mic would be great.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

... Huh... Just realised today's my one year anniversary of joining Push Square. How time flies 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Happy Anniversary! I saw in the Music Thread that you're into metal. Do you like Meshuggah? I think they're awesome! Chaosphere is my favourite album by them.

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego I don't think PS4 supports bluetooth headphones natively.

I'd just go for your preferred set and get a 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter. Then you could get audio from the TV's 3.5mm jack or the Dualshock 4.

There are adapters for Switch in handheld mode too.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Happy Anniversary Foxy!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Time might fly, but you've integrated so well with the community that it feels like you've been here for much longer. Here's to many more years!

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@Octane I did something so bad the only punishment fitting of my crimes was to join and participate on a forum with you as a member, I truly live each day in regret.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

You've been visiting PushSquare for over nine years @KALofKRYPTON? Wow that's just... wow.

Hopefully I will and thanks @RogerRoger, it helps you're all a great bunch of folks to talk to as well! Here's to many more years for yourself as well!

I am a metal fan yes but I've never actually heard of that band before @Draco_V_Ecliptic. Music has been the one area I've kinda always neglected over the years... Seeing as we're all indoors for the coming weeks I suppose there's no time like the present to catch up!

Ha cheers @kyleforrester87 and @Octane. You fellas have fun with these ongoing light hearted jabs (I assume) to one another... I dunno I'm honestly unsure what to say you guys have a weird friendship lol 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic