Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 10,056

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger me too

except i also order myself a pizza

beats the hell out of a cake

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Depends what you put on the pizza.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger Bacon, Chicken and Pepperoni with a BBQ sauce base

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Each to their own! It'd be a large Hawaiian for me, with extra mushrooms. Or something with a lot of fresh peppers and tomato.

Either way, it wouldn't have any candles stuck in it, that's for sure!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo I may have mentioned this before, but at work they do this horrific thing of gathering round your desk, presenting you with a card and then asking on your plans. If it is a big birthday you get banners, balloons and your desk covered in stuff. I appreciate that they only mean well, but it is not for me personally and I opted out as soon as I could.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Try going to Frankie’s and Benny’s for your birthday, the staff come along with a cake and ‘Congratulations’ by Cliff Richard plays over the tannoy. It’s hellish.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Thanks for the warning, I'll be giving that a wide berth. I'd rather be with fam and have one of my mum's home made chicken cuzzas and chocolate fudge cake!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i just never tell anyone when my birthday is, i found if they don't know then they don't really care

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, had that done to me at work once, too. I made sure it was the only time.

Of course, every subsequent year I then had to spend the day fielding "Why aren't we celebrating your birthday today?" questions and "You shouldn't be so selfish, I wanted free cake!" complaints, but at least I could walk away from most of them.

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

You, know. I hope Reggie does some fun PR at Gamestop. He was always personable at E3 for Nintendo, so I’d like to see him figure something similar out for Gamestop. GameStop gets a lot of undue hate too, so it could help get rid of the people who don’t shop there for dumb reasons like “they take 2 seconds to ask if I want a warranty. My day was ruined, giving me a bad attitude at work, causing me to lose my job, then my wife left me and my dog died.”

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

nessisonett

When you accidentally keep coding until 2AM because you’re ‘in the zone’ but you’re back up at 8AM...

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KALofKRYPTON

Another bit of 'surprising to no one' news on Stadia.

Despite Google (and iD, to be fair) promising otherwise - Doom Eternal will not be running native 4K on Stadia; which is of course a bit hilarious - but also yet another gaming industry BS story.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego Honestly, I can't decide whether the announcement, launch and business model for Stadia was a series of miscommunications along the way, actual deceit or just blind ineptitude. The tech is alright; it does work, and it could have been welcomed with open arms in as right-on and happy-clappy way as Google could've dreamed of. If they hadn't overhyped.

I feel like they'll keep on trying to save face for as long as possible, but there's one YouTuber who tried to estimate their install base, and it ain't big - and not getting any bigger either despite them trying to give Stadia away.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON I agree - I was one of the few people that thought the idea was sound and if Google could make it appealing, it might work well with casual gamers who don't want to worry about expensive console generations etc.

I feel the core issue is that they couldn't get the games lineup. I accept that it is hard for a newbie to bring in lots of exclusives so if they couldn't, they need to bring in another incentive. If it had been cheaper to get third party games on their service or had a really decent subscription model then I think it could have turned heads. Launching with games that were more expensive than you could get on other platforms, that you don't physically own and depend on the success of the console, and only older games at that was not a good move.

I mean, months after launch there are still very few games on there. Imagine if they teamed up with EA for a Fifa promotion or even COD or something. Never mind.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego The business model is what's done for them. It's too expensive and only comes across as incredibly greedy; and unfortunately in a business where the incredibly greedy (EA for example) have had years to ingrain themselves and access to billion dollar franchises year in, year out - greedy and 'new' isn't really the best combination.

Add that that the system is, for some - volatile in operation and much touted features aren't present...

They should have gone simple. Simple and cheap. Even with a library of say, mostly 7th gen games - a Netflix style service would be welcomed.

TOUGHDUDE94

Who here thinks ps5 is going to get delayed to 2021 as we seen you do not have to launch around November the switch and 3ds did not

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

Black_Swordsman

@andrew20 That would be disappointing, but I don't think it's going to happen as I believe they are quite keen to get it out to the public.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

I went to a seminar on Carl Jung today, found it very insightful and interesting. Any fellow jungians on here?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I wouldn't exactly call myself a "Jungian" (because he put forward some nonsense alongside the good stuff) but his concepts of the psychological persona and duality of introverts vs. extroverts, as well as his unique interpretation of the shadow notion, get my vote.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic