Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 10,056

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Sounds about right. Got here through the old MoveModo website (that was surprisingly, dedicated to Move games) 😂

Also, I'm old. 😂😂

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

Is this a birthday or anniversary @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy? Happy birthversary!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yes indeed, I advise you to start with Chaosphere and then try I, Nothing or Destroy Erase Improve, if you like the last one then Obzen has the same flavor to it, enjoy, and let me know if you like it

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Anti-Matter

Hello, guys. 😀
My first time joined in PushSquare. 😁
I have joined in Nintendolife since May 2016.

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

Didn't expect to ever see you here @Anti-Matter... Welcome to Push Square!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter It's good to see you and your PS4 finally kissed and made up.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Anti-Matter The world has really gone upside down hasn't it :')

Welcome to the forums! Your initiation game will be sent out in the post today - it's Doom Eternal!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@Anti-Matter Hey, welcome!

My current lunch break scenario is alternating between Shovel Knight on 3DS and Yoshi's Wooly World on Wii U. Anyone else doing something similar?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@kyleforrester87
I play Ratchet & Clank PS3 + PS4 games instead. 🙂
I have finished the storyline of A Crack in Time, Quest for Booty and Into the Nexus. 😁
All 4 One was pretty boring but i have managed into Chapter 3. 😪
QForce was really hard due to amount of enemies and i played alone (Solo Play). 😩

Anti-Matter

Rudy_Manchego

@crimsontadpoles Exactly the same logic I have. I have been working through, then clocking off and helping with the kids then I am too tired so some nice games that have short single levels are just perfect for a break if I get my work done.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I have rebuild my PS4 games after i have purchased The Sims 4 PS4 DLC last year.
And my Sony games have expanded by PS3 and PSP games on this year. 😁
And of course... Still appropriate games for Kids, General and Teen. 😉
Wanna see my collections so far ?
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

@Anti-Matter That's a unique collection, mate! We have Ratchet & Clank and The Sims in common.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Welcome to the Blue Team!

Judging by your avatar, I see you're a man of exceptional taste, so you'll do just fine!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Little question about Ratchet & Clank QForce PS3.
Is there any Easy way to defend the QForce base as during the Uploading process, there are a lot of enemies attacking the base and it was very difficult to get rid all of them quickly ? 😩

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently working on a PhD proposal for a new thesis, it features the Souls games, Bloodborne, and ancient literature!

Listening to a lot of ZZ Top while working on the proposal, and playing Rite Of Spring on the electric guitar. Do people here think that listening to lyrics or choosing role models that have good morals or spread a good moral message is important? Or at least, not listening to anything that features immorality and encourages you to live that way. Remember, this is all based on your own perception and definition of what good morality is. It is not just limited to music but can apply to anyone in the art world. What do you think, how do you pick and choose your role models?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I think it’s pretty certain that choosing role models and listening to them does influence behavior. I also think that this can be a conscious choice, or a subconscious one. In the example of listening to music or partaking of other forms of art, you may find yourself aligning with the messages being shared if you are exposed to it too long. But I also feel that it is largely a function of one’s emotional maturity and state of mind. Children are more easily influenced by media and role models, whereas adults who have their own inherent conviction as less easily swayed. That’s why ratings exist, in theory.
But honestly, I know individuals who are adults but are emotionally and ideologically immature and open to the slightest bit of influence. That’s why companies pay big money to have “role models” such as movie celebrities and athletes advertise their products. For example, I know just because Lebron James sells Sprite doesn’t mean that I will be buying Sprite because maybe 7-Up is cheaper, but the more impressionable people who idolize his will be swayed.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic