Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 10,093

Ryall

Maybe “[this]”

Ryall

Thrillho

@Ryall Put [ spoiler ] at the beginning of the text you want covered and [ /spoiler ] at the end but without the spaces.

Thrillho

Ryall

This is a test

Ryall

Octane

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

You seen the No Clip documentary on GOG? Well worth a watch.

I didn't. But I just did! It's pretty cool to see how the company works behind the scenes.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryall Quote Octane's post above to learn the secret skill of spoiler tags.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Yeah it's interesting that it all started from pirated software.

@Frigate Had the old one for well over a year, so thought it was overdue for a change. Probably change it more often from now on! Its always weird when someone changes it after having the same one for so long. I reckon it's @kyleforrester87 turn next!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate Kind of but with less hair!

kyleforrester87

@Frigate well done 😁 how’d you feel? Lol

I’ve done 750 miles this year so I’m on my way to my target, my knee has been giving me trouble for the past month though so I’m actually going to lay off it for a week or two. Hopefully that sorts it out..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb are you running the state of play address tonight mate?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@kyleforrester87 That's what I thought as well. But it's pretty cool, I guess? I'll have to see how it turns out. I hope they keep it all silent and dreary like the game is.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane @kyleforrester87 I think if they get the liberty to do something stylistic, a little like Castlevania, the world and atmosphere could be interesting.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I was secretly hoping Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid would have actually been worth the asking price, sadly - from what I've read and seen so far, it really isn't.

The fighting is pretty simplistic, but it's a decent enough looking attempt at a 3 on 3 brawler. It's very basic looking, they've gone for the 'ripped' look for the rangers and there's barely any differentiating modes.

But worse than anything else, it launches with 9 characters. The season pass(!) only promises 3 more to boot. Out of what must be 100 or so (probably more) possible Power Rangers?

Bloody shame, there's so much they could've put in.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Fight_Teza_Fight

Sammy Barker got a shout out on Sacred Symbols (Colin Moriarty's PlayStation Podcast) this week .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Sora_Fight I haven’t got around to this weeks yet. I’m a week or two behind and got distracted by a couple other podcasts, including catching up on some of his Knockback episodes and a few Fireside chats. I pick and choose which of those I listen to (for example I’m listening to the episode of he and his brother breaking down the movie “Solo” now), but I do all the Sacred Symbols in order since they are timely with discussion of the latest news. He quotes Push Square nearly every episode, but I haven’t heard him reference Sammy by name before, other than to say, “They’ve got some good people over there at Push Square.” Or something to that effect one time when he was discussing and referencing an article. I’ll be curious to hear it.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

AdamNovice

I've been getting increasingly jaded by this community in recent months. It's just been getting more and more negative with each passing week. Ever since E3 week with the perceived poor Sony conference and the crossplay issue blowing up it just seems more and more people are coming just to throw shade and negativity around. And sadly Push Square have done next to nothing to stop that. In fact I think they've been slightly encouraging it. When articles about Crossplay, censorship or PS Plus come up they must know that along with the increased traffic comes slanging matches in the comments. It wasn't so bad a few years ago when it was just a couple of idiots but now whenever an article comes up that shows PlayStation in any sort of negative light they arrive in their droves and I'm fed up with it.
The State of Play reaction was just an absolute joke. It was a great showing of VR content but because a fair few don't have a headset and are incapable of seeing things from VR usesr point of view so have to ruin it for others.
And then today with the Driveclub article, well Sammy will claim he's been constructive but sorry he isn't. He's feeding into the negativity and fake outrage culture that games media has far too much off as it is. It's hardly any better then those "Borderlands 3 trailer was disappointing" articles from Gamespot and Polygon. Push Square and the community should be better then that but if the staff don't get a handle on it then it'll get worse and their going to lose long term readers.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic